Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Climbing Mt. Everest

Helios

The median price for low-end climbs in Nepal is $42,500 and 43,875 in Tibet while the top end comes in at $67,000 in Nepal and a whopping $85,000 from Tibet.
Been seeing a lot of this topic on the NEWS lately so was curious if any of you all would climb Everest regardless of cost.
I'm gonna say hard pass.

The reason is because it's there.

And the view, lots of other peoples junk and other like-minded dead people are strewn along the track (didn't quite make it back), you don't get to see shit like that too often.:thumbsup:

It comes down to the more folks climb Everest the more money they make. Trying to squeeze as many people up the mountain in a short window of time. Safety needs to be the bottom line. A once in a lifetime experience for most folks. Ten people have died this year alone.

I hiked up Mt Seymour, outside of Vancouver about 40 years ago. It was a 4 hour hike, quite safe and completely free. I'm way beyond that easy climb now and am even cautious about going up and down the stairs without tripping over my feet.

I worked for a guy that used to go on mountain climbing expeditions. His boasting over the cost led me to believe that demonstrating that one can afford such a thing was the main attraction.

Trying to squeeze as many people up the mountain in a short window of time. Safety needs to be the bottom line. A once in a lifetime experience for most folks. Ten people have died this year alone.

agreed 100%, Permits to climb are $11,000 ea. times whatever the latest number of climbers 382? what is that like 4 mill? Sherpas get paid handsomely for their services, come on ...Safety first right?!

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back