Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Collections

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
When my husband and I moved out of our last house, we had lived there for 30 years. That moved almost killed us.

Why? Because we are collectors. Now I wouldn't say it's to the point of hoarding but we have a lot of shit. Excuse me.... stuff.....:razz2:

Anyway.... I was walking around my cottage and it occurred to me that there isn't much we wouldn't (or don't) collect. Mind you... it's all old stuff. But omg.... we now have two homes filled with stuff. We could probably branch into a third.... I'm even collecting stuff I said I would never collect (salt shakers ffs... :shakehead:).

Here is an example of what I am talking about. Just some smalls:

Old matchbooks and giveaways from tool and die shops with a few crystals/fossils thrown in for good measure.
IMG_4612.JPG

Flashlights and sundry other 'odds.'

IMG_4613.JPG

Miniatures. These are displayed in an old small printer's draw. I have two large printer's drawers and the stuff for those packed away cause we've run out of wall space lol...

IMG_4615.jpg

Buttons and patches....

IMG_4614.jpg

We have boxes of stuff that haven't been unpacked since that move 5 years ago and I've told my husband we need to open a booth at a flea market. Cause this is ridiculous. I haven't gone to one garage sale, etc., since that move but he can't stop finding deals. And we need to start selling stuff so our poor kids don't have to deal with all this great 'stuff.' :dog:

So what do you collect (besides vapes and glass lol)? Or am I the only one with this affliction?

I like the pin-up girls. If you are cleaning house, I would love to have those....cause, yes....I am indeed a pig! haha

15bwkn.jpg

I like the pin-up girls. If you are cleaning house, I would love to have those....cause, yes....I am indeed a pig! haha
Lol... those are my husband's pride and joy. He's into the 1920's and 1930's pinup artists like Vargas and a host of others. He also loves old Life magazine covers... I'll have to take a pic of some of those when I go back up to the cottage this weekend for you lol....

So come one Baron.. you don't collect anything? Not even fishing creels? :tongue:

Lol... those are my husband's pride and joy. He's into the 1920's and 1930's pinup artists like Vargas and a host of others. He also loves old Life magazine covers... I'll have to take a pic of some of those when I go back up to the cottage this weekend for you lol....

So come one Baron.. you don't collect anything? Not even fishing creels? :tongue:
Vargas was the MASTER!!

As a child, I would go to my grandmother's house and in the spare bedroom...that had been my father's when he was a teen...there was a decal on the dresser mirror of the pin-up girl in the Martini glass...pretty much like this but in fishnet stockings (kinda like what you wear around while doing housework, Mom! :whipit:haha) . :headbang:

And no, I'm not a collector at all. I'm completely ADDHD and clutter in my exterior is reflected in clutter in my interior. I just can't think straight in a mess or in a distracting environment...although it didn't seem to impact my ability to fly nor radar control fighters on intercepts to withing a mile and closing at 1,400 mph! hahaha. Shrink said "well, people like you can hyper-focus". Not the only time he said "people like you"....jerk! haha

Pin-Up-Girl-Cocktail-Glass-Tattoos-1.jpg

Shotguns and rifles, but that has now stopped due to stupid gun laws if I own more than 10 I have to have an alarm system.

I stopped collecting a while ago & have several 60L storage tubs full of them (waaaaaay too many but about 1/2 will appreciate at least) but Transformers were quite a passion for me. The vast majority of these are original 1984/85 vintage & I have a three from the 1984 line & few left to track down from 1985 series. This reminds me that I have a huge Voltron robot I need to open up & put on display. The things you forget when you buy two (one for me one for my nephew) & put them away for six months. Yup. I am the cool uncle alright :lol:.

20180926_203445.jpg

Officer Prowl is investigating the vegetable material Wheeljack is growing in his lab.

yKzdks7.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back