Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Considering growing cannabis or hemp outside. Tips and where to get seeds

Lmfao... "that's a face of a possum pooping. They wipe their butt when their done...." :rofl: God... you've got to watch what you wish for around here....

In all fairness... Blossom WOULD squat. I wonder what the males do.......

In all fairness... Blossom WOULD squat. I wonder what the males do.......
I bet the males stand up to pee. My Caleb half stands as he puts his front paws up on the high side of the litter, spreads his legs, squats slightly and let's her flow. All while casually surveying his surroundings. TMI I know, but could be relevant.

Update! Got budding. :smile:

20210908_192207_HDR.jpg

20210908_192432.jpg

If you purchased your seed, the package will come with an estimate of how many weeks your strain should remain in flower for optimum effects. A sativa needs to flower for many more weeks than an Indica variety. As the time approaches, I use a magnifier eyepiece to look at the trichomes. They look like shimmering little drops at the end of tiny threads. When the flowers are young the trichomes are crystal clear. As they mature they begin to turn amber. I harvest when the tricycles are just starting to turn colour.

I tend to favor sativa strains that require 12 weeks or more to mature and my challenge is to harvest before a killing frost. I've also been challenged with mold developing if I've left my plants too long and the weather has been wet.

Update! How do I know when to harvest?
View attachment 30606View attachment 30607
All the white hairs will wither and turn colors the calyxs will swell and finally when it quits sparkling when rotated in the light are usually good indications.
I would take breeder flower times with a grain of salt more a general maybe than a definite.
Ultimately the weather will determine when you take them unless you're sub tropical.

So, last Saturday a torrential downpour came through. When I came out to see the plant, one branch was partly broken off and the whole plant was leaning over. I let it be for about a day. Winds were coming in so I put a steak up and leaned a couple of branches against it to get it back upright, pulled the string attached to the stake around tallest outer branches of the plant to keep it moving together. After a few days, I let loose the branches propped up against the poll to let them breath. They had gotten used to the new position and could lean upright with just the support of the string. Today I cut off the branch that had broken. The leaves were slowly wilting on it and the injury has healed a bit. It's hang drying.

Here are some picks from October 16th:
20211016_173535_HDR.jpg
20211016_173550_HDR.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back