Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Safety Copper Safety

I do like live resin in a banger
If I start using a torch it may not fly with the wife
Thought about firing up the culinary torch just to experiment

861f20d47c37b79bfde41e6a59312ade766a330a697ee003a344ada998c31636.jpg

Keeping it copper!

I do like live resin in a banger
a torch it may not fly with the wife
Get a DAAB!
Back to copper,
As soon as I saw the Anvil with a copper heater thingy I thought...not for me and jamming a piece of copper pipe on my VCs is just adding conduction, the last thing I usually want...popcorn anyone?
I remember Simrell fucked around Squiby over a cracked stem, he was a real prick until he found out she was a vapor forum junkie like most of us here so I never even looked at his copper pipe hack. :twocents:

Get a DAAB!
Back to copper,
As soon as I saw the Anvil with a copper heater thingy I thought...not for me and jamming a piece of copper pipe on my VCs is just adding conduction, the last thing I usually want...popcorn anyone?
I remember Simrell fucked around Squiby over a cracked stem, he was a real prick until he found out she was a vapor forum junkie like most of us here so I never even looked at his copper pipe hack. :twocents:
I think I vaguely remember that with @Squiby now

Yea well simrell can jump too

Copper in anything? No for me

Soooo this isnt vape related.. but what about the copper iud birth control device woman get fitted.. they sit in you for 10 years...
Surely thats bad..

Copper functions as a component of a number of metalloenzymes acting as oxidases to achieve the reduction of molecular oxygen. The primary criterion used to estimate the Estimated Average Requirement (EAR) for copper is a combination of indicators, including plasma copper and ceruloplasmin concentrations, erythrocyte superoxide dismutase activity, and platelet copper concentration in controlled human depletion/repletion studies. The Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for adult men and women is 900 μg/day. The median intake of copper from food in the United States is approximately 1.0 to 1.6 mg/day for adult men and women. The Tolerable Upper Intake Level (UL) for adults is 10,000 μg/day (10 mg/day), a value based on protection from liver damage as the critical adverse effect.

Soooo this isnt vape related.. but what about the copper iud birth control device woman get fitted.. they sit in you for 10 years...
Surely thats bad..
I meant in vapes as this is what we are speaking about
Women are not inhaling anything in relation to this thread
I trust the doctors science behind such devices much more than some greedy vape seller

@Planck
What's your point and input?

Are people being argumentative, pedantic or willfully mistaking my meaning and the topic in the thread
I apologise for the confusion ( I really thought it was obvious what we were discussing here)

COPPER ANYTHING IN OUR VAPES - especially where we INHALE IT - NO FOR ME

I had already where motg spoke of vinegar for cleaning mentioned that there was no issue with copper use and cleaning it that way as I'm sure the article was not talking about inhalation
I hate ppl looking for gotcha moments in discussions instead of following the content and intent involved
It's pretty obvious what we are speaking about
I apologise for those that misunderstood

I'm well aware of the anti bacterial properties of copper in different instances
Does that mean it's safe to burn and inhale
Imo - and in motg articles posted - that's a big FUG no
It's not even 100% safe for hot water pipes over many years (a decade is not really considered an old house in this regard and I'm no doctor about pH levels etc of a women's insides - but again, I trust doctors more than vape manufacturers)
So apologies again

Copper in anything vapey - no for me

EDIT
Also in the iud thought
Again I trust doctors more than vape sellers - but there is also lots of different thoughts on women's different birth control methods and how good any of them are or not for women's bodies
This is for women and their doctors to discuss and decide
I see the need for birth control, and am not discussing if ppl should choose to use them or not - but for full health ideologies we probably shouldn't put shit in our bodies that prevents what it does naturally - is the copper the biggest thought here? (not all birth control is copper tho)
So I don't think birth control should be banned, but maybe any form of birth control will affect a woman's body in some negative way - think about its purpose

So large and different topic and if it was as bad as inhaling we would have more data now showing such

Copper is used in coffee machines, it's used in stills for brewing
This isn't just a thread on all the uses of copper as much as in relation to vaping
I know it is titled copper safety but for the most part it has been focused around our vapes and inhalation
This is the purpose we are being sold in vaporisers

The use and methods of use etc is going to vary what makes something safe
Shit - butter is safe to eat - cooking with melted butter can poison you as it can create toxins
Coconut oil is brilliant for weed extraction and edibles - but will make you sick with lipoid pneumonia if you vape it

Burning and inhaling copper though we definitely have negative reports that motg provided
And it shouldn't be in our vaporisers

Last edited:
but what about the copper iud birth control device woman get fitted
I was thinking you are doing something wrong to be using a jet flame or IH on that!
Pretty sure we are talking vapor related here where it gets very hot!

As I got used to vaping outside the Volcano it became apparent you want to stick to boro glass and quartz as much as possible

Never associated copper with vaping from having worked with it when I was rough plumbing
Very soft and gassed off pretty readily

Very soft and gassed off pretty readily
With the FMJ and the Anvil, I don't think that off gassing is the issue. For it to off gas it would have to be heated to the point of melting. Here's a MSDS of some copper tubing that was referenced in this thread. The issue is more the inhalation of oxide dust which is caused by heating the copper to the point it oxidizes.

Under Sec. 7 of the MSDS sheet, this line stands out to me:

Normal Handling - Avoid conditions which create fumes or fine dust.

But they are talking about using the copper in plumbing so it really doesn't address the oxidation particle concern.

I trust the doctors science
Yeah we disagree there.. anyway like you said, its off topic, i was jus curious about all the other ways we come into contact with this material..
Also like you said. Disrupting nature isnt right anyway..

became apparent you want to stick to boro glass and quartz as much as possible

100% this... evo for me..

Yeah we disagree there.. anyway like you said, its off topic, i was jus curious about all the other ways we come into contact with this material..
Also like you said. Disrupting nature isnt right anyway..

100% this... evo for me..
Do you disagree with my entire sentence?? Or the part you cherry picked?
There was a second half of that sentence that said "more than a greedy vape seller"

If you actually disagree with my sentence and you trust a vape manufacturer as much as a doctor we have very different views on the world
I reiterate - I'm not saying blindly follow doctors either, but C'mon, they know more than you or I do about medicine - and definitely more than someone trying to sell a vape to us which was my point in the sentence
At what point do you trust a study above about copper inhalation but not other studies?

As for Evo, doesn't it have a big plastic case, and lots of other bits - I know it's supposed to be all glass airpath - but that air comes through where underneath? And the heater?
Not trying to say it is bad at all - just maybe isn't necessarily "fully glass airpath"
Afaik the Evo is meant to be a bit of a beast and quite clean, one I looked at ages ago and would have liked to try
Same as HR or other vapes, there are more "pure" glass vapes if really want it that way
I do prefer a clean as possible airpath myself
I'm not going to start a which is best here though (or at all)
Again this is what Randy's teardowns were brilliant for so that people could make informed choices whatever they decided

Copper in multiple purposes is a safe substance
Just like other things I mentioned
Used in different ways these things are not safe

Inhaling heated copper dust is not for me

Last edited:
Or the part you cherry picked?
Jus that part... jus got a major issue with docs and medical lies lately..

but that air comes through where underneath? And the heat
Nope, intake air path, the bamboo, draws in the air and keeps it completely seperated from the heat resistant plastic case and all gubbins inside... apart from the ss basket, its a completely isolated air and vapour path...

Its seems copper is not the future of vaping.. wonder whats next....

Jus that part... jus got a major issue with docs and medical lies lately..

Nope, intake air path, the bamboo, draws in the air and keeps it completely seperated from the heat resistant plastic case and all gubbins inside... apart from the ss basket, its a completely isolated air and vapour path...

Its seems copper is not the future of vaping.. wonder whats next....
Well the cherry picked part is not what I said and is bad referencing/quoting
You can't take half of what is stated and quote a person

So are you saying you trust a vape manufacturer over a doctor?
In relation to the topic at hand - not some other tangent no one is going down....

It is science that's telling us copper isn't safe for vapes
If this isn't something one believes to be trustworthy - may as well go vape on a copper vape then?

Not sure of the isolation
I can see the Evo glass piece is recessed in the plastic - this means air is going past plastic somewhere I would think, where are the airholes?
Just like the edge or tera have an "isolated" airpath - it still isn't truly all glass
Not saying it's not good though

So are you saying you trust a vape manufacturer over a doctor
I didnt say that at all... now whos bad referencing/quoting..

I jus dont trust doctors.. apologies for the tangent.. its gonna happen on a forum full of stoners..

Not sure of the isolation
I can see the Evo glass piece is recessed in the plastic - this means air is going past plastic somewhere I would think, where are the airholes?

The bottom of the bamboo pertrudes past the plastic case.. a good amount too.. do you know how the evo works ?? Its 1 big air hole at the bottom.. its a glass tube straight through the middle.. air is taken directly from the atmospher.. past no plastic at all.. and bottom of evo is stone cold anyway.. there is no contamination of an evos air path whatsoever..

I didnt say that at all... now whos bad referencing/quoting..

I jus dont trust doctors.. apologies for the tangent.. its gonna happen on a forum full of stoners..

The bottom of the bamboo pertrudes past the plastic case.. a good amount too.. do you know how the evo works ?? Its 1 big air hole at the bottom.. its a glass tube straight through the middle.. air is taken directly from the atmospher.. past no plastic at all.. and bottom of evo is stone cold anyway.. there is no contamination of an evos air path whatsoever..

Ah see, this is the point
You said that "this is where we disagree" - quoting my sentence that stated I'd trust a doctor more than a vape maker, and it was obvious this was within the constraints of the conversation around copper/vaping

So if you disagree with the sentence you quoted I am not misquoting you

Or if you do agree with my sentence, why quote it in part and say you don't?

The tangent is yours to go on, but it didn't have to be a reply to me (misquoted) saying you disagree to something I didn't say in the first place - when you now say you don't disagree with the actual thing I said

And cheers for that explanation about the airhole on the Evo
That's what I was asking about where they were
It has been a very long time since I looked at it in any detail which was online here and the net
I remember and understand what you describe now and yes that is pretty isolated
It was one of the reasons I remember liking it besides members reports of taste and hits/clouds

Anyway
Definitely no copper in your Evo :D

Last edited:
5dd273088ecbf.jpeg

Lunch at home
Hope for the phone call that I can finish my work on my laptop at home
Its summer hours
4-10 hour days
Fri-Sun off

Forgive the off gassing and gassing off
Dumber by the day

Last edited:
You said that "this is where we disagree" - quoting my sentence that stated I'd trust a doctor more than a vape maker, and it was obvious this was within the constraints of the conversation around copper/vaping

I know @Kellya86 pretty well. And what I got from his response was a sort of a gut reaction 'I don't know about doctors' kind of response. He has his reasons for not trusting them, one of which is his recent experiences with his mom and her stroke. She's been over medicated and it has worsened her condition rather than help. In no way does that imply he trusts vape makers more. Let's not pick apart the verbiage and give benefit of the doubt.

Besides... the issue (or subject) here is copper used in vapes. And on that you both agree. :wink:

So if you disagree with the sentence you quoted I am not misquoting you

Or if you do agree with my sentence, why quote it in part and say you don't?

The tangent is yours to go on, but it didn't have to be a reply to me (misquoted) saying you disagree to something I didn't say in the first place - when you now say you don't disagree with the actual thing I said

So jus had a dab and came to va.. i had to read this a million times and im still well lost...

As @momofthegoons says, it was a miscomunication, i wasnt trying to argue with you.. we agree.. i think.. i just dont trust doctors science or vapemakers.. they are both out to make money.. trust no one...

Seriously though.. have a dab and read that..

I know @Kellya86 pretty well. And what I got from his response was a sort of a gut reaction 'I don't know about doctors' kind of response. He has his reasons for not trusting them, one of which is his recent experiences with his mom and her stroke. She's been over medicated and it has worsened her condition rather than help. In no way does that imply he trusts vape makers more. Let's not pick apart the verbiage and give benefit of the doubt.

Besides... the issue (or subject) here is copper used in vapes. And on that you both agree. :wink:
I see that
But it could have been said without purposefully misquoting what I said to make a point saying you disagree

When in fact you didn't disagree with my statement at all
Just say the thing YOU feel and it's all gravy

Does that make sense ?
Honestly it's not picking apart grammar
It's saying you disagree with something that wasn't said just to get your own thoughts out
Its okay to just share your thoughts ...
But it isn't miscommunication - it's misquoting and disagreeing with something that wasn't said - that's falsifying
Just make your statement about doctors on your own merit

And if you can't understand what I wrote @Kellya86 you are choosing to be as obtuse as when you used half of my sentence to spread misinformation about what I said

I did not say what you said I did
This is the point

You have since said you don't think vape makers are more trustworthy than a doctor - in relation to vaping copper - this is what you disagreed to if you are replying to my statement

Just say you don't trust doctors without making out I said something I didn't in order to get your point across

Doctors and vape makers out to make money - most of them, not all
People can be corrupted

Science isn't a person - it's information
Whether you trust those that tell you results is another thing - lots of science you can replicate at home yourself though

I don't volunteer to be an experiment though and will avoid copper inhalation

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back