Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Safety Copper Safety

.. wonder whats next....
I have seen gold being used lately.
trust no one...

Seriously though.. have a dab and read that..
How sad...I must live in a lucky country because I only know one person that thinks like that, she is single, originally from Sydney, and is a conspiracy nutter who likes cats.

Now, about copper again, I owned a jet lighter with a wire with a copper blob across the flame to turn the flame green, I never even liked using it for lighting spliffs until I cut the wire with a blob off!

Christ on a bike this thread getting petty, im out people..
Must be some low quality weed about.. we supposed to be a chilled bunch..

How sad... is a conspiracy nutter who likes cats.

Lots of them 'conspiracies' came true lately..

Last edited:
Christ on a bike this thread getting petty, im out people..
Must be some low quality weed about.. we supposed to be a chilled bunch..
FCs Stu is on a bike???
But is that a copper bike???
:P
Definitely not good for your your health these ones
images-13.jpeg

All chilled and unaffected here
Happy vaping.....
:)

If we can please return to our regularly scheduled program........ :cool: Cause this last derail was ridiculous and takes away from the seriousness of what we are discussing. And I do NOT want a response to this statement here in this thread.

I've been looking for more info on copper oxidation nanoparticles and the effects they may have on our health. I came across this study from April of this year that has some interesting findings:

Copper Oxide Nanoparticles Stimulate the Immune Response and Decrease Antioxidant Defense in Mice After Six-Week Inhalation

The line in this study that jumped out at me was in the Discussion part of the study:

At the end of the 6-week inhalation experiment, Cu content in lungs, liver, spleen, kidneys, brain and blood was analyzed. The content of Cu in lungs, the organ of NP entry into body, and in liver, secondary organ, was markedly increased after six weeks of CuO NP inhalation

I went on to find another study published in 2008:

Copper oxide nanoparticles are highly toxic: a comparison between metal oxide nanoparticles and carbon nanotubes

Again... the line that jumped out at me was:

CuO nanoparticles were most potent regarding cytotoxicity and DNA damage.

And for the trifecta.... one more study about whether or not copper nanoparticles are safe to inhale:

Pulmonary toxicity and gene expression changes after short-term inhalation exposure to surface-modified copper oxide nanoparticles

And the first line in the Highlights is:

Copper oxide NPs trigger dose-dependent pulmonary toxicity upon inhalation in rats.

So for those who feel that using uncoated copper in a vape is safe... I say prove it.

Now.. this is not to say all copper used in vapes is bad. One example would be the bowl in the Vapman. The difference with the Vapman is that they use the copper as a heat conductor and it is covered with gold plate so there is no oxidation. To date, I have not heard of that gold plate chipping off in any way to expose the copper. So there should be no threat of exposure to oxidation with that vape.

If we can please return to our regularly scheduled program........ :cool: Cause this last derail was ridiculous and takes away from the seriousness of what we are discussing. And I do NOT want a response to this statement here in this thread.

I've been looking for more info on copper oxidation nanoparticles and the effects they may have on our health. I came across this study from April of this year that has some interesting findings:

Copper Oxide Nanoparticles Stimulate the Immune Response and Decrease Antioxidant Defense in Mice After Six-Week Inhalation

The line in this study that jumped out at me was in the Discussion part of the study:

Copper oxide nanoparticles are highly toxic: a comparison between metal oxide nanoparticles and carbon nanotubes

And for the trifecta.... one more study about whether or not copper nanoparticles are safe to inhale:

Pulmonary toxicity and gene expression changes after short-term inhalation exposure to surface-modified copper oxide nanoparticles

So for those who feel that using uncoated copper in a vape is safe... I say prove it.

Now.. this is not to say all copper used in vapes is bad. One example would be the bowl in the Vapman. The difference with the Vapman is that they use the copper as a heat conductor and it is covered with gold plate so there is no oxidation. To date, I have not heard of that gold plate chipping off in any way to expose the copper. So there should be no threat of exposure to oxidation with that vape.
Seems some vape companies are forgeting to do the R in R and D...
Honsestly im shocked someone would put so much work and money into launching a device without knowing this... or do they know and just not care. ??
Really makes me question everything.. hence.. trust no one..

I'll trust those scientific studies
The ones after 6 weeks shows the build up of toxicity
I don't need further convincing, it's now as you say up to them to prove it is safe
Mind you - I feel this should be what all vape makers do
Like a broken record (the only bit I'm repeating from before as per ordered by motg....) - Randy's teardowns rocked - funny how many vape makers seemed to hate them .....
For me I'll avoid copper at all in vaporisers, it isn't needed and why risk it regardless

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back