Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Country and Bluegrass

Yep, much prefer the older artists. Just the other day I saw a clip of Charlie Daniels, they asked him what he thought of the new country and he said it all sounded the same! IDK, maybe it's a new genre all together sort of like nu-metal to heavy metal?
Meant to respond to this....

I like some of the new stuff as well; but wouldn't classify it as true, old school, country music. I guess one can expect change in all genres of music though. Look what 'rock' has gone through over time. :biggrin:

Meant to respond to this....

I like some of the new stuff as well; but wouldn't classify it as true, old school, country music. I guess one can expect change in all genres of music though. Look what 'rock' has gone through over time. :biggrin:

Emmylou *swooooon*

The lines get blurred don't they? OMG rock is so diverse right now, I will say though I am definitely more of a rock head than country head, but some of these old country artists blow me away with their skills.

This guy's one of the baddest guitarists of all times!!

One of my deep, dark secrets is that I love 'old' country music. The modern stuff is ok, not that I listen enough to know artists, but I do like some the music that came out the eighties and 90s, like Dwight Yokum, Dixie Chicks, etc, ... But Waylon Jennings is a favorite for sure.
I made, then deleted, a Waylon Jennings Pandora station was shocked by the some racist overtones in artists music of that generation and genre. I deleted the station.

Last edited:
Among other indignanties growing up, like church, I was forced to watch Porter Wagner, Dolly Pardon, Laurence Welk and others. A one TV house. :(

I developed a lifelong aversion to them. (And churches) although I may be found tapping my foot while watching " O brother where art thou"

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back