Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deer Chewing Popcorn.gif

Huh? Lol, yeah I am kinda new to the site. I joined late Dec....
Posting in this "thread"...? Only a couple of weeks...
New to foruming/posting in general..? Nope. Been an active poster since Usenet in the 90's...

But why, is this a regular thing here, crying over someone's smiley choice and begging for clarification?
Nobody’s crying. If you don’t like what I post just put me on ignore.

Nobody’s crying. If you don’t like what I post just put me on ignore.
Oh, sorry then... just the perception, I guess...

but hey, at least I got the "begging for clarification" part right...! Half FULL!?

I don't do "ignore" functions anywhere and have never even considered it. 100% anti-censorship, thanks.

:peace:

Oh, sorry then... just the perception, I guess...

but hey, at least I got the "begging for clarification" part right...! Half FULL!?

I don't do "ignore" functions anywhere and have never even considered it. 100% anti-censorship, thanks.

:peace:

No you didn’t get any of it right man lol. I guess you’re just trying to troll me at this point. Good luck with that I’ve dealt with worse :dog:

edit: for the sake of keeping this thread open I’m done responding to you. Have a super day.

Last edited:
free states vs slave states

US Supreme Court Justice, Louis Brandeis, 1932: “It is one of the happy incidents of the federal system that a single courageous State may, if its citizens choose, serve as a laboratory; and try novel social and economic experiments without risk to the rest of the country.”

You governors are now seeing, whether you like it or not, a competitive situation developing among the states.

Some states are loosening the COVID restrictions; others are tightening them.

In this ongoing process, for example, a remarkable exodus is occurring—from New York to Florida. From lockdowns to freedom.

Some of you governors who demand lockdowns, masks, distancing, immunity certificates, etc., are betting the federal government will somehow intercede, back you up, and force the free states to fall in line with your brutal COVID tactics—thus “leveling the playing field.”

This is unlikely to happen. The White House and the Congress understand there is a limit to how far they can push the states, without fomenting uncontrollable rebellion.

That means you’ll be caught with your pants down, as your citizens emigrate, in ever larger numbers, to freer states.

What business owner wouldn’t prefer to set up shop in an open state economy, rather than shutting down and descending into bankruptcy in your state?

And if you believe the brigades of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube users who demand the harshest COVID policies are going to win the day, you’re entertaining a delusion.

You’re going to stand by and watch your economies continue to shrink, while other states flourish.

Believe it not, this is one of the eventualities the Founders foresaw, when they enshrined the federal/state structure in the Constitution. Limiting the power of central government meant that various individual states could choose their own paths.

This is happening now.

It is happening, regardless of media moaning, regardless of Dr. FAustuS objections and CDC pressure to conform to suicidal COVID policies.

If you governors of freer states have the courage to double down, and do something that will lift your economies to even greater heights, I have a suggestion.

Push through a law that permits any healing practitioner to treat patients for any given condition, as long as his remedy creates no greater harm than the orthodox treatment for that same condition.

You’ll see a huge influx of practitioners and patients to your state. It’s called Health Freedom—and it’s a policy that welcomes adults who are willing to take responsibility for their own health choices. Health Freedom also booms the economy.

It’s the opposite of forced medical mandates.

And when, five years from now, that new law provokes an upsurge in the overall vitality of your citizens—with no significant downside—you will have proven something more than the absurdity of the COVID restrictions.

You will have proven that the overall medical apparatus out of which those restrictions flowed is, in fact, inherently biased, undeservedly monopolistic, financially driven, scientifically corrupt, inhumanly cruel, and politically motivated as a covert means of controlling the lives of The People.

You will have restored a great portion of the freedom for which men and women have fought, for centuries.

Isn’t that a goal worth pursuing?

My state moved to phase 3 with all our counties a few weeks ago. We have an uptick in three of our counties so this Friday three counties will move back to phase 2. This means only 25% occupancy rates at restaurants and other facilities. My county isn’t one of them, we are still at the 50% occupancy with phase 3. It is hard on businesses and it’s been well over a year. We need to keep going because we see what Michigan is going through now at 18% covid rates. We are so close. Each day I see the percentage going up of those vaccinated and it gives me hope. Our state has been pretty strict during this past year. Whatever your state is doing is up to your governor.
I respect your right to not get the vaccine. Don’t worry about it becoming mandatory ( @Helios ) in the U.S, that’s not going happen.

I heard about the problem with the J and J vaccine. It’s good to pause to see if anybody else gets the blood clotting condition. If very few get that condition they will continue giving it out but limit who gets it. It looks like younger women have been affected. - so far has been 6 women. My aunt who’s 80 got the J % J vaccine. She wanted that one because you only needed one injection. At this point I wouldn’t get a J and J vaccine right now. I would wait with that one.

I happen to like a good debate but a debate not disrespect and we need to try to stay on the subject of covid. Try to stay away from states rights because that gets too political, i know theres a thin line between covid and our rights as to what we think we should or should not do. I will try to remember as well.
Just be nice.:dancing:

Last edited:
A friend that is a Bar Owner/Restaurateur has been very vocal about his belief that potential servers and dish wash staff are not accepting jobs.
He assigns a portion of blame for the Bar/Restaurant financial dilemma on former Restaurant Workers having gotten accustomed to living on less, and
their unreadiness/unwillingness to return to work.
His business, he explains is mostly suffering, not from forced closure or imposed seating restrictions, but rather from:
  • Lack of people willing to come back to work.
  • Unprepared Supply Chains.
He claims that even with limited staff, he could function very well if he just had consistent Suppliers.
He posted this to Facebook, as an appeal to the Public for patience and understanding of what the issues he faces REALLY are.
172296286_10226227660983781_3802516686332587779_n.jpg

This post is informational, and not intended as an invitation for debate.

Last edited:
And you do realize the CDC says the vaccine may be good for up to six months or so. What a new vaccine that you have to pump yourself with every six months?
People that get these vaccines think they’re somehow immune to the virus which is complete and utter Fuckery.

@Planck please please do tell what you think is funny about my post
I think your post is more sad than funny but I thought some might see sad as agreement with your content.

On to your post. You start with a false attribution, continue with a leading question framed in laughable hyperbola and conclude with a ridiculous those people statement with no basis in fact, it's nothing more than your opinion backed by your opinion. It serves no purpose other than to further divide and polarize people.

What did the CDC actually say. Current as of today
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html said:
We’re still learning how long COVID-19 vaccines can protect people.

Perhaps you are confused with the study report from Pfizer, what did that actually say. A link to the study is included in the article I'm quoting.

https://news.yahoo.com/pfizer-says-covid-19-vaccine-120813815.html said:
The COVID-19 vaccine from Pfizer and BioNTech is highly effective against symptomatic COVID-19 for at least six months after a second dose, a new analysis has shown.
...at six months...
the vaccine was 91.3 percent effective "measured seven days through up to six months after the second dose." It was also 100 percent effective against severe disease as defined by the CDC, as well as 95.3 percent effective against severe disease as defined by the FDA, the companies said. There were no serious safety concerns.

That is quite different than "may be good for up to six months or so". Perhaps booster inoculations will be required, I have not seen any credible source say that yet. If so big deal, it takes me 20 minutes and zero dollars.

Your last sentence is insulting, disrespectful and wrong. In my experience, vaccinated people do not think they are immune, even in this thread several have stated they are vaccinated and continue to take precautions including wearing a mask. I am one, I wear a mask. It may give me some additional protection but more importantly it reduces the stress of unvaccinated people around me. I feel everyone is have a difficult enough time as is, if I can help to make their day a little more bearable with essentially no cost to me what is the problem.

I doubt I have had any effect on you with this post. If so consider that I made a post similar to yours but about cannabis instead of Cov2 vaccine. Would you laugh? Probably. Are you i pumping yourself full of marijuanas regularly.

reefer vaccine madness lives.

1618397007085.png

I think your post is more sad than funny but I thought some might see sad as agreement with your content.

On to your post. You start with a false attribution, continue with a leading question framed in laughable hyperbola and conclude with a ridiculous those people statement with no basis in fact, it's nothing more than your opinion backed by your opinion. It serves no purpose other than to further divide and polarize people.

What did the CDC actually say. Current as of today

Perhaps you are confused with the study report from Pfizer, what did that actually say. A link to the study is included in the article I'm quoting.

That is quite different than "may be good for up to six months or so". Perhaps booster inoculations will be required, I have not seen any credible source say that yet. If so big deal, it takes me 20 minutes and zero dollars.

Your last sentence is insulting, disrespectful and wrong. In my experience, vaccinated people do not think they are immune, even in this thread several have stated they are vaccinated and continue to take precautions including wearing a mask. I am one, I wear a mask. It may give me some additional protection but more importantly it reduces the stress of unvaccinated people around me. I feel everyone is have a difficult enough time as is, if I can help to make their day a little more bearable with essentially no cost to me what is the problem.

I doubt I have had any effect on you with this post. If so consider that I made a post similar to yours but about cannabis instead of Cov2 vaccine. Would you laugh? Probably. Are you i pumping yourself full of marijuanas regularly.

reefer vaccine madness lives.
At least six months... New study shows. Exactly like I said. And research is still ongoing so they don’t really know.

so if that’s the case of course you’re going to have to take new vaccines if they don’t last very long and to combat mutations. Nothing false about that.

Lastly my post is not insulting. I have literally heard coworkers and even family members say that they’re now immune after their vaccination. Does everyone think that? No, but I have personally heard people say this. That is MY experience.

i’m just stating my view on it like everyone else here . I am not trying to polarize and divide. There are a lot of assumptions made on your part.

your last comparison of cannabis and Covid is ridiculous. Not worth addressing.
Hooray for you though trying to slander me lol.

Wow, kinda liked this site more when we just posted pics and talked about buds, vapes, memes, and of course toast.

can’t forget toast! :biggrin::cheers:

In my experience, vaccinated people do not think they are immune, even in this thread several have stated they are vaccinated and continue to take precautions including wearing a mask. I am one, I wear a mask. It may give me some additional protection but more importantly it reduces the stress of unvaccinated people around me. I feel everyone is have a difficult enough time as is, if I can help to make their day a little more bearable with essentially no cost to me what is the problem.
I applaud your logical and sensible approach, and agree with every comment.
Vaccinated twice, I still mask to:
  1. Have an extra blanket of security to keep an already compromised body a fair chance.
  2. Protect others in case I am carrying.
  3. Make those around me feel safer. (This is a selfless act of cooperation that makes MOST normal people more comfortable. It's free and painless)

Last edited:
Wow, kinda liked this site more when we just posted pics and talked about buds, vapes, memes, and of course toast.

can’t forget toast! :biggrin::cheers:

This thread creates rifts..
I say jus shut it down..
Covid isnt going to end, so neither is this thread..
People are just gonna fall out..

Lets all bury our heads in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist, here at least.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back