Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurtdigglur

Gardening Grampa
Sorry had to make the post. I was wondering what the collective was here in the VA about vaping and the covid-19. I’m not sure what to think now, with everything being shut down, shit is getting bigger then I expected I guess. The virus attacks the lungs, and some people have it and don’t even realize it at times. Think I’ll cut back on the vaping and with the slightest cough I’m going full abstinence.

You know....it's certainly a personal decision, but I don't think that you need to stop vaping. I just wouldn't share your vape. This is no different than any other illness... and if you are maintaining 'universal health precautions' you should be okay. And just like if you were to contract a cold, once you feel a little sick you would stop vaping.

I'm not trying to diminish the severity of the virus. But I think people are getting a little overly paranoid.

This isn't the time to share a vape, that's for sure.
My main concern isn't vaping vs. not vaping, it's not catching COVID-19 in the first place. Hand washing rules at the Madri-house. I'm self isolating, but @Madri-Guy expects to be let into the house after work. Fair enough. As soon as he is in the door, I'm wiping door knobs, and anything he brings home. His car keys, lunch supplies, stethescope, are all cleaned. He goes right to the laundry room, and puts his scrubs in the washing machine. He then puts on a robe, and heads to the shower. He puts on a second robe after the shower, then goes to get dressed while I put on gloves, and pick up his towel and first robe and put them into the washing machine, toss gloves, then wash my hands. We assume he is exposed every time he leaves the house. Sometimes I get extra helpful, and say things like "Back, foul creature!" when he comes home. He knows it's not him I hate, it's the awful plague he's coated himself with.

I’m sitting this weekend out. Usually I go downtown to work, but not this week.

sanitizing procedures are in place, but my biggest risk is the kids that live here...to say they have cleanliness issues doesn’t even begin...but I’m old and fed up, so I don’t care as much about how this plays out as I once would have.

vaping will not be an issue, as I’ll run out long before I catch anything, but “if it hurts, don’t do it!”

I can't say I'm scared of Corona, yet. I'm just sick of being sick. I'm getting over the flu. There were a few surgeries, and a few complications, before that. I'm tired. Leaving the house with a cough seems rude, and I can avoid it. @Madri-Guy can't avoid it, so we dip him in the vat of sanitizer when he gets home.
The County is closing schools for two weeks. The Bay Area is Ready Or Not, because it's here.
Haven't quit vaping. @M-G says we won't know we have it until we get a fever, and once I get a fever I don't feel like doing much but moaning. "Ohhhh....ooohh...I'm too sick to vape...ooohhh". Beyond that, who knows how sick anyone of us will get?
Wash hands, wash hands.

Seven Bay Area Counties now have Shelter In Place orders. Restaurants for pick-up and delivery only. Out for essentials only. Too many cases in the area, so we have to slow this down.
Good luck, everyone. Soap works better than hand sanitizer against Corona virus. Wash hands, wash hands.

We have many of the same restrictions. Schools, restaurants and bars (except for take out or delivery), gyms are closed. Whole Foods is so overwhelmed they can't make deliveries. But we haven't quite gotten to shelter in place. I see it coming though.

You and Madri-Guy stay safe as well @Madri-Gal . And everyone else as well. And wash surfaces as well....

I work in the medical industry. It is a incredibly busy time right now with COVID-19. The number of calls I am a getting a day is insane. I wish I had a few extra zeroes in my inventory levels as it would be sold in a heartbeat.

Lotta people gonna get this & thats a hard fact. Some will die. A bunch of countries leaders badly fucked up by disregarding the advice of medical experts & have allowed this virus to spread almost uncontained. Thats cool though. They & theirs will get the very best treatment if they need it. Fuck the rest of us.

This is not some virus that will wipe out humanity. It will make a certain percentage of people very sick & a percentage of those will die.

Personally I don't fear getting the virus for myself but I would hate to carry it & put others at risk. Also grocery shopping is a joke right now. Mass panicked buying fixes nothing....

Take care folks & take sensible precautions where possible.

At this point we are locked in at our house for a couple weeks. Tough telling kids they can't play with friends, but at least they have several platforms to interact online. We stay at home a lot anyway so not too much of a shock (yet). We are planning on some spring cleaning and other hobbies.

Little things, like making a St. Patty dinner, are things to look forward to. A little beer helps too.

I think I have enough herbage to get me through. I also have my trusty vapcap and caldron by my side.

Best wishes everyone. We'll get through this together.

3 drops of oregano oil under the tongue, 2x a day!

1584475777152.png

i was taking a short walk today (we are not fully locked in yet, still hoping common sense will be enough to keep people apart) that took me on a steep narrow path along the river, my usual isolated afternoon route. a woman walked towards me from the other direction, we smiled & said hello, and in the split second we were trying to solve the relatively simple task of passing each other without one of us falling into the river, i saw how genuinely frightened she looked, presumably at the prospect of getting too close to me. i dont think i have ever seen anyone giving me this look before, a very strange sensation.
not that i dont worry. it's just that my worries are having a hard time catching up with this surreal feeling. and of course they are busy on more than one front: my elderly father i cannot visit or help now, my self-employment disintegrating for the time being. and then there are people who seem utterly carefree, it is baffling. playing the guitar, passing the bottle, hugging the bff. weather has been way ahead of schedule, and we are having some beautiful days, definitely smelling of spring & the longing that it carries. it all is very confusing.
best of luck to all of you.

My life has been relatively unaffected so far. Chop wood, haul water. I think it will get harder as nice weather comes to my area. But even then I have plenty to keep me busy. Just finished an indoor harvest and ordered outdoor garden seeds that ill start soon indoors.

I am however concerned about elderly friends and relatives, and actually myself because im 65 and have asthma.

I'm a life long severe chronic asthmatic and diabetic. I'm solidly in the high risk category. I'm taking every precaution to avoid this thing. I've self isolated. I'm in a fairly sparsely populated rural area and I havent seen another human being for over a week now. I'm retired. There is enough food put away to last me several months. I'll take advantage of the home delivery services when needed as more and more businesses begin to offer online grocery delivery/pick up. I have lots to occupy my mind. There are lots of chores around the place to keep me busy, especially as warmer weather welcomes spring and the land comes to life.

We are living in interesting and strange times, the likes of which our world has not quite experienced before. When we come out the other side, 2020 will be analyzed from every conceivable perspective. My hope is that some good will come from the turmoil upon us and that as a species, we learn from this and grow into something better than before.

Last edited:
When we come out the other side, 2020 will be analyzed from every conceivable perspective. My hope is that some good will come from the turmoil upon us and that as a species, we learn from this and grow into something better than before.
Yes! This may be a total reset button on our current system and I don't think it a coincidence that so many financial bubbles were about to burst prior to this pandamic, now it will be blamed on a virus instead of real responsible parties. History is being rewritten.
I liken the analogy of our global financial markets to a petrol station and CV19 as a lit match...
Don't get me started on the discredited freak circus that is the Corporate major mass media and their fear hammering they keep smashing. They are no better than the Corporate vultures taking advantage of an opportunity, to me they have lost all journalistic integrity a long time ago.
I still have to peddle to work, fortunately I have one other coworker so it's not so bad. Never been a germ-aphob, now I've turned into Howard Hughes Sanitize everything, change gloves often, wash hands repeatedly. Became lucky at a small local hardware store, they still had 2 boxes of nitrile gloves. Lightly powdered
Who can assemble peacefully and protest now?? Look how fast yellow vests in Paris and Hong Kong protests quickly dissipitated. we all supposed to acquiesce and unequivocally trust our so called officials who have a history of public deceit without question? Without attempting to downplay this lethal pathogenic Frankenvirus I'm staying cautious and keeping an eye out to what these officials are not saying to us. But of course keep a social distance and all that.

Last edited:
It's oddly reassuring that Shelter in Place orders are out. I'm hoping we can flatten the curve and slow things down. As disorienting as things are, I think the Fall fires the past few years, and the P. G. &E shut downs, already gave us the idea that Things Aren't As They Should Be. @Madri-Guy handed me a new thermometer this morning. If I get a fever, he has to quarantine. He doesn't want to carry illness to his patients. He says we are relying on his exceptional hand washing techniques. True, that. We don't need anything coming the other way, either.

I'm a life long severe chronic asthmatic and diabetic. I'm solidly in the high risk category. I'm taking every precaution to avoid this thing. I've self isolated. I'm in a fairly sparsely populated rural area and I havent seen another human being for over a week now. I'm retired. There is enough food put away to last me several months. I'll take advantage of the home delivery services when needed as more and more businesses begin to offer online grocery delivery/pick up. I have lots to occupy my mind. There are lots of chores around the place to keep me busy, especially as warmer weather welcomes spring and the land comes to life.

We are living in interesting and strange times, the likes of which our world has not quite experienced before. When we come out the other side, 2020 will be analyzed from every conceivable perspective. My hope is that some good will come from the turmoil upon us and that as a species, we learn from this and grow into something better than before.

The closing of the Canada-US border brought your eloquent post to mind. Judging by this handy map, Saskatchewan has few cases so far. (Correct? Recall a post about Saskatoon berries.) Closing the border should help keep it that way.

Interesting times indeed. Everyone suddenly has a common enemy. For the moment, there's opportunity, even pressure, to put aside divisions and join in common defense. Objectivity is regaining its former value, as are competence and professionalism. Considering the direction we were headed, it's quite possible some good will come of this. For all we know, we may avert even greater catastrophe as a result.

Who can assemble peacefully and protest now?? Look how fast yellow vests in Paris and Hong Kong protests quickly dissipitated. we all supposed to acquiesce and unequivocally trust our so called officials who have a history of public deceit without question?

Good point. The inability to assemble is a unique feature of epidemics.

An opinion piece observing that countries with the strongest laws and strictest punishments are those with histories of famine, warfare, natural disasters, and pathogen outbreaks.
To survive the coronavirus, the United States must tighten up
It’s not just about medicine. It’s about culture.
By Michele Gelfand,Updated March 13, 2020, 10:31 a.m.

Tight societies, like China, Singapore, and Austria, have many rules and punishments governing social behavior. Citizens in those places are used to a high degree of monitoring aimed at reinforcing good behavior. Loose cultures, in countries such as the United States, Italy, and Brazil, have weaker rules and are much more permissive.

Differences in tightness and looseness aren’t random. Countries with the strongest laws and strictest punishments are those with histories of famine, warfare, natural disasters, and, yes, pathogen outbreaks. These disaster-prone nations have learned the hard way over centuries: Tight rules and order save lives. Meanwhile, cultures that have faced few threats — such as the United States — have the luxury of remaining loose. They understandably prioritize freedom over constraint, and they are highly creative and open, but also more disorganized than their tight counterparts.

This trade-off in order versus openness becomes painfully obvious during the early, exponential spread of a virus, when these cultural differences can have profound effects. Famously “tight” societies like Singapore and Hong Kong, for example, have demonstrated the most effective response to Covid-19. Singapore, as of this writing, has recorded zero deaths from the disease. Meanwhile, the lack of coordination and resistance to rules in looser societies massively compounds the risk of widespread infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back