Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Covid cases are up, record-breaking cases”
Riiiight, do you understand that testing positive doesn’t mean you’re infected with the disease and actually sick right?
such BS fear mongering going on.
all the while you better wear that mask...a thin little layer of cloth that’s somehow going stop microscopic particles.

Jesus fucking Christ are we tired of this yet?

Riiiight, do you understand that testing positive doesn’t mean you’re infected with the disease and actually sick right?

Agreed, hospitalizations are a better indicator, but that chart doesn't look much better.:ugh:

7_US C Hospitalized.png

all the while you better wear that mask...a thin little layer of cloth that’s somehow going stop microscopic particles.

From CDC:

Scientific Brief: Community Use of Cloth Masks to Control the Spread of SARS-CoV-2

Studies demonstrate that cloth mask materials can also reduce wearers’ exposure to infectious droplets through filtration, including filtration of fine droplets and particles less than 10 microns. The relative filtration effectiveness of various masks has varied widely across studies, in large part due to variation in experimental design and particle sizes analyzed. Multiple layers of cloth with higher thread counts have demonstrated superior performance compared to single layers of cloth with lower thread counts, in some cases filtering nearly 50% of fine particles less than 1 micron .14,17-29 Some materials (e.g., polypropylene) may enhance filtering effectiveness by generating triboelectric charge (a form of static electricity) that enhances capture of charged particles18,30 while others (e.g., silk) may help repel moist droplets31 and reduce fabric wetting and thus maintain breathability and comfort.

Jesus fucking Christ are we tired of this yet?

It doesn't matter if we're tired. Pandemics don't conform to our tiny attention spans. The good news is we may only have a year or so to go.

When Will We Throw Our Masks Away? I Asked Dr. Fauci

By Elisabeth Rosenthal
Contributing Opinion Writer

I think that we’re going to have some degree of public health measures together with the vaccine for a considerable period of time. But we’ll start approaching normal — if the overwhelming majority of people take the vaccine — as we get into the third or fourth quarter [of 2021].

I have received several reports recently on a couple of posts in this thread, stating that there is misinformation being spread. Let me go on record....

This forum is not going to take a stance on what is or isn't true. Nor has this forum ever stated an intention to moderate fact from fiction regarding COVID. The only thing I ask is that we try very hard to not turn this discussion into a political commentary. As long as a post is not rule breaking it will stand.

Sounds like Fox news...don't let the truth stand in the way of a good story!
We have to remember this is an asylum after all so would expect all kinds of nutter's views...conspiracy theories and all, no matter how crazy they seem.:myday:
Edit, there is also an ignore button too.

Sounds like Fox news...don't let the truth stand in the way of a good story!
We have to remember this is an asylum after all so would expect all kinds of nutter's views...conspiracy theories and all, no matter how crazy they seem.:myday:
Edit, there is also an ignore button too.
WTF are you talking about???

There is enough stated as facts info out there to support what ever one wishes to believe. That a large percentage of the media is or has slanted the truth regarding COVID can be shown & substantiated as a true fact.

Most dont Google to find the truth of the matter. But rather to substantiate & solidify already held " FEELINGS ". Google is not set up to find the truth. Our schools dont teach students how to find & establish truth on their own. Our schools & universities do teach opinions.

Couple of years ago I went to hear some one speak at a local university. This fella is the Benchmark for everything existential I stand against. He started by stating
" There Is No Truth " That statement self implodes on itself. He later stated he had been struggling to even prove his existence.

Later as I was leaving, I noticed there werent many waiting to speak with him so I headed that way & waited my turn. I ended up in a lengthy, cordial debate with him that drew a large crowd. I simple started by saying you have stated " there is no truth " how can this be ? At some level there has to be truth for you to make that statement or your statement is meaningless.

Also you say, you have struggled to prove your own existence. So your question is " How Do I know I exist " To which I asked, Just who is it that is asking ?

Truth to be established must match with the reality of the situation just the same as in a court room.

EXAMPLES: We have been told repeatedly that our hospitals are at max capacity here. This is true. However that is not the whole truth. Local media said nothing of our hospitals using multiple person rooms for a single individual with COVID.

Media says that other states hospitals are at 90% capacity.This is true. However the media in most cases will not say that most all public hospitals must be at 90% capacity at all times to be profitable.

The testing being used by most is said to be only 50% accurate. My doctors have told me this. But does the media tell us the astronomical numbers of COVID cases could be based on the shortcomings of the testing used ?

When debating or discussing topics I find that many have no established course when it comes to finding the truth of a matter.

Truth, most every empire, country or organization that failed did so because they struggled in establishing truth at some level.

WTF are you talking about???

People saying Covid is fake by linking kooky conspiracy theories that could put lives at risk instead of helpful videos like this,

I feel terrible for America currently. There has been ample time to prepare for the coming winter & I fear no where near enough will have been done.

Please try & stay safe folks. Avoid needless risks & try to avoid the misinformation. There are sources you can trust. People like Dr Fauci have lived & breathed viruses for decades. Less Dr Nick Riviera is better for everyone I believe.

COVID is real & does kill. As a forum we allow all sorts of discussion so long as it excludes politics & personal attacks. I implore you all to consider your information intake for your own mental health. I know I have been suffering depression after so much extended negativity in my news intake & 2020 in general.

Well the hospitals in our area are limiting surgeries again, like they did in the spring. They don’t include in the data the people that die from having to put off surgeries or afraid to go into the doctor because of the covid cases. Our testing facilities are overwhelmed because people want to get tested before thanksgiving. I was tested a couple months ago and I waited for ten minutes it’s a 4 hour wait now.

The food lines are are out of control because of unemployment. If they don’t get control of the virus we won’t have control of the economy. So disappointed how everything has been handled from the top. All the idiotic rallies and gatherings with people that spread this pandemic like wildfire. The BS about wearing masks is just beyond any science that’s been included as to how to lower your risk. The stupid stuff about herd immunity. Sweden gave up on that one. I could go on and on.

it’s important to do your research and don’t believe all the conspiracy theories. It could mean your health. I know some people hardly get sick with this illness but others become severely ill and die. It’s like Russian roulette with your life and the lives of those around you. People are in hospitals and are still refusing to believe they have covid when they are at deaths door.

Last edited:

@CarolKing

I dont do conspiracy theories myself. Again its well established who should be concerned the most. It's great your concerned. I do feel we might not agree on some stuff but I'm not a disagreeable person. I read your post & it is very clear to me this present situation honestly concerns you. As it should at some point with most any one.

I in no way wish to belittle your thoughts here. I do have to ask, I'm curious, what do you base this on "It’s like Russian roulette with your life and the lives of those around you"

I'm honestly curious. I will not respond to your answer unless you ask me to do so. It's just that I really will learn more & receive more form your answer than if we disagreed & I attempted on my part to be right & tell you all about it. Your a very Unique, Good Gal.

If one just takes the time to listen while reading your posts & the others here you can clearly see much.

Man I've needed this break. Even when sick I wuzz relaxed. A good place this is

Last edited:
Again its well established who should be concerned the most.
Do you mean the elderly - and anyone who cares about them, either generally or specifically?

Fully expected to lose the parents to COVID. (Still might, but now there's hope they can avoid infection until a vaccine becomes available to them.) They don't have the luxury of avoiding exposure. One of their caregivers is among those who think the US response has been just fine - except for the masks and social distancing. They visit at least one healthcare provider every week and live in a state that's proud of its "everyone for themselves" mentality.

But they've already lived their lives. They're not really doing anything productive at this point. It won't matter to anyone else if COVID takes them. Should we view COVID as a chance to be rid of this dead weight on society?

@LesPlenty nice one, prefer to use the term Research over 'theory'..
As for fox News who the fuck watches that shit??
In 2017 Dr. FAUSTUS made an odd prediction with utter conviction.
Screenshot-2020-09-28-at-14.20.13-e1601300789284.png

How could dr. FAUSTUS guarantee a SURPRISE Outbreak during the first term of the Twitter in Chief?
Politicizing science is dangerous! Yes it's politicized like everything today.
millions of COVID Test kits were distributed globally in 2017-18, why?

A letter from Archbishop and Cardinals to Humanity.

Last edited:
I know, I keep clicking 'Not Interested' on my Youtube Home page when I check the latest PS5 girl videos but Fox and Sky News clips of all kinds of shit keep popping up in 'Breaking News' I even saw a picture that must have been a story about the air-con failing at Madame Tussauds as they had a picture of Rudi Guiliana melting.
Some good news coming out of Melbourne, the inconveniences are being eased as things are on the improve again after things were so bad not so long ago,

Russian Roulette - foolishly, risky behavior that could cause someone’s death is what I meant. Maybe should have just included, foolish, risky behavior. At this point there shouldn’t have to be any explaining as to how to be safe after 10 months and a quarter million people are dead. Some people just don’t care about the health and the lives of others. I’m not saying anybody here I’m talking in general terms the whole of the United States. I said, “some people”. That’s all it takes to spread this illness.

I’m irritated when I see people not wearing their masks over their noses. I don’t want to get too close. It makes me feel that they don’t care about others. They could believe that mask don’t work which is misinformation that could be harmful to others.

We all are trying to get through this I wish others wouldn’t make this so difficult. I’m not meaning anyone here!

Last edited:

CarolKing

Sorry, I completely did not understand what you had meant earlier. I see now.

Do you mean the elderly - and anyone who cares about them, either generally or specifically?

But they've already lived their lives. They're not really doing anything productive at this point. It won't matter to anyone else if COVID takes them. Should we view COVID as a chance to be rid of this dead weight on society?

Specifically the elderly & any one with the health issues that have been listed for several months now. Some argue that the Elderly have been abused during this pandemic. They feel bad decisions were made with intention.... I dont know. Bad decisions have been made that did effect the older folks negatively bringing death for some. Thinking it may be a long step to say these decisions were made to bring death.

Sorry you all. I did say I wuzz staying out of here. Im alone & bored.

I do...along with the WaPo, Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Politico, The Hill, PBS, etc.

If you only view media channels that you "approve" of, you are in your own echo chamber and breathing in your own farts.

If you don't believe that media bias exists, survey a range of outlets. Its not just what they say in stories they cover, or even their snarky chyrons, its even more apparent in what they do NOT cover. Sort of selective blindness by all of them.

This is editorializing on the "front page" of news sites and has killed journalism, IMO.

Baron23,​

people do not normally search, listen or look at anything that will upset already deeply held feelling & ideas.​

On a battle feild there is a counter move for every move your enemy makes. In philosophy, politics, religion & every institution that comes together... every idea has an opposing view. In my mind understanding the opposing view, is the beginning & end of an education

I dont feel we are fully educated at all until as people we can state in a coherent way, with out being negative or using ridicule, the views of others that sharply contrast with our own

people do not normally search, listen or look at anything that will upset already deeply held feelling & ideas.
Non-critical, partisan, people do not...people interested in finding the truth hidden in the giant pile of media shit these days, do.

Dr Fauci always seems to be the villain in all this. It’s an animal’s illness that crosses over from animal to human. They think it was crossed over from a bat. Covid doesn’t kill bats but it can kill humans. We are going to see more of this further down the line. This is how we got the AIDS virus in the World. It crossed over from a monkey I believe back in the 70s to a human host.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back