Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine, wasn't gonna post as it's an opinion piece, but it's helpful.

Don’t Go Down the Rabbit Hole

Critical thinking, as we’re taught to do it, isn’t helping in the fight against misinformation.

By Charlie Warzel
Mr. Warzel is an Opinion writer at large.
Feb. 18, 2021

...But Mr. Caulfield argues that the deck is stacked even further against us. That the way we’re taught from a young age to evaluate and think critically about information is fundamentally flawed and out of step with the chaos of the current internet.

“We’re taught that, in order to protect ourselves from bad information, we need to deeply engage with the stuff that washes up in front of us,” Mr. Caulfield told me recently. He suggested that the dominant mode of media literacy (if kids get taught any at all) is that “you’ll get imperfect information and then use reasoning to fix that somehow. But in reality, that strategy can completely backfire.”...

It’s often counterproductive to engage directly with content from an unknown source, and people can be led astray by false information. Influenced by the research of Sam Wineburg, a professor at Stanford, and Sarah McGrew, an assistant professor at the University of Maryland, Mr. Caulfield argued that the best way to learn about a source of information is to leave it and look elsewhere, a concept called lateral reading.

Let's give it a try, shall we? Searched Duckduckgo.com (never use Google) for Doctors Globally, issue Dire Warning-Do Not get the vaccine. The top five results:

Doctors Around the World Issue Dire WARNING - Do Not Get ...

www.thepeoplesvoice.org/TPV3/Past-News.php/2021/02/20/doctors-around-the-world-issue-2
Doctors Around the World Issue Dire WARNING - Do Not Get the COVID Vaccine - Video The injections being called vaccines are an mRNA pathogenic primer that alters the immune system and human genome.

Doctors Around the World Issue Dire WARNING: Do Not Get ...

https://forbiddenknowledgetv.net/do...ue-dire-warning-do-not-get-the-covid-vaccine/
Thus, there is no target for a vaccine…The bottom line is that since no additional deaths have occurred in relation to a new disease, there is simply no reason for a new vaccine." Doctors from Europe and the US stand up to the lies of the global unrestricted warfare campaign known as COVID-19. Contributed by Alexandra Bruce

Doctors Around the World Issue Dire WARNING: DO NOT GET ...

doctors-around-the-world-issue-dire-warning-do-not-get-the-covid-vaccine/ BigTech just purged the president of the United States and untold numbers of creators and users. We are working around the clock to keep up, but could do with extra help. Consider a $5 donation today.

Doctors Around the World Issue Dire WARNING: DO NOT GET ...

https://blogfactory.co.uk/2021/02/0...cine-zombie-apocalypse/?shared=email&msg=fail
Doctors Around the World Issue Dire WARNING: DO NOT GET THE COVID VACCINE zombie apocalypse. Posted by technofiend1 February 1, 2021 Posted in Uncategorized. ... A lot of fear over NWO "vaccine" Next Post Next post: Doctors want Nuremberg-style trials for all of those responsible for covid crimes.

"Doctors Around the World Issue Dire... - America 1st ...

Doctors Around the World Issue Dire WARNING: DO NOT GET THE COVID VACCINE!! Editor, Health Impact News In an effort to combat Big Pharma Corporate Media and Big Tech censorship, doctors around the world are frantically trying to warn the masses of the devastating effects of the experimental COVID vaccines about to be mas…

If that's not clear enough, there are additional steps listed in the NYT piece.

Doctors Globally, issue Dire Warning-Do Not get the vaccine

I tried to look, but my iMac won't let me. It Says that the site is an unsafe one.
"brandnewtube.com" is not worth the effort, IMO.
I tried on my laptop to log in and was able easily to do so.
If you watch the video, and look up each Doctor's name and credentials individually, you will be surprised to learn that each has
dubious respect/standing in the Medical Community.
Try it. You'll be surprised.
Here's one about Dr Andrew Kaufman, the first Doctor up in the video!

Last edited:
A fine example of SIFT, @Vitolo :nod:

One way to combat this dynamic is to change how we teach media literacy: Internet users need to learn that our attention is a scarce commodity that is to be spent wisely.

In 2016, Mr. Caulfield met Mr. Wineburg, who suggested modeling the process after the way professional fact checkers assess information. Mr. Caulfield refined the practice into four simple principles:

1. Stop.​
2. Investigate the source.​
3. Find better coverage.​
4. Trace claims, quotes and media to the original context.​

Otherwise known as SIFT.

Mr. Caulfield walked me through the process using an Instagram post from Robert F. Kennedy Jr., a prominent anti-vaccine activist, falsely alleging a link between the human papillomavirus vaccine and cancer. “If this is not a claim where I have a depth of understanding, then I want to stop for a second and, before going further, just investigate the source,” Mr. Caulfield said. He copied Mr. Kennedy’s name in the Instagram post and popped it into Google. “Look how fast this is,” he told me as he counted the seconds out loud. In 15 seconds, he navigated to Wikipedia and scrolled through the introductory section of the page, highlighting with his cursor the last sentence, which reads that Mr. Kennedy is an anti-vaccine activist and a conspiracy theorist.

“Is Robert F. Kennedy Jr. the best, unbiased source on information about a vaccine? I’d argue no. And that’s good enough to know we should probably just move on,” he said.

My unique motivation in sharing this is to share a bit about a study concerning Covid and the Brain.
If you look along the sidebar of this WebMD article there are many more about Covid, that I wish I could have seen earlier.

Mice?! So 2019.

SARS‐CoV‐2 targets neurons of 3D human brain organoids​

Anand Ramani Lisa Müller Philipp N Ostermann Elke Gabriel Pranty Abida‐Islam Andreas Müller‐Schiffmann Aruljothi Mariappan Olivier Goureau Henning Gruell Andreas Walker Marcel Andrée Sandra Hauka Torsten Houwaart Alexander Dilthey Kai Wohlgemuth Heymut Omran Florian Klein Dagmar Wieczorek Ortwin Adams Jörg Timm Carsten Korth Heiner Schaal Jay Gopalakrishnan

EMBO J (2020)39:e106230 https://doi.org/10.15252/embj.2020106230

Abstract​

COVID‐19 pandemic caused by SARS‐CoV‐2 infection is a public health emergency. COVID‐19 typically exhibits respiratory illness. Unexpectedly, emerging clinical reports indicate that neurological symptoms continue to rise, suggesting detrimental effects of SARS‐CoV‐2 on the central nervous system (CNS). Here, we show that a Düsseldorf isolate of SARS‐CoV‐2 enters 3D human brain organoids within 2 days of exposure. We identified that SARS‐CoV‐2 preferably targets neurons of brain organoids. Imaging neurons of organoids reveal that SARS‐CoV‐2 exposure is associated with altered distribution of Tau from axons to soma, hyperphosphorylation, and apparent neuronal death. Our studies, therefore, provide initial insights into the potential neurotoxic effect of SARS‐CoV‐2 and emphasize that brain organoids could model CNS pathologies of COVID‐19.

Could have done without the 'fuck you.' Warning point issued.
... so I just hear I'd from a friend, if this means anything to anyone fuck you check it up yourself...

...he got vaxed in Florida and his wife, when they want to re-enter Canada they need to be tested in the US and again in Canada and isolate until they get results on this end just to re-enter... Even though they've been vaccinated and can prove it...

We Americans haven’t been allowed in Canada since last spring. Can you blame them? We’ve had 5,000 die in a state with 10 million people in one year.. WA state has had some strict lockdowns to keep the cases this low. If you call almost 5000 lives lost low. We are slowly opening up at 25% capacity for restaurants and gyms. Some schools have opened with 50% of the time in the building with social distance and masks. No High Schools in my area have opened yet.

Last edited:
New vaccine on the way! (Tip: anti-vaxxers will want to make up new, entirely different reasons why they won't take this one either.:thumbsup:)

From Janssen:

ADVAC® VIRAL VECTOR TECHNOLOGY
Adenoviruses are a group of viruses that cause the common cold - so they're good for transporting things into humans.

Janssen’s AdVac® vectors are based on a specific type of adenovirus, which has been genetically modified so that it can no longer replicate in humans and cause disease.

The AdVac® technology works by using an adenovirus as a vector (a carrier) of an antigen’s [e.g. SARS-CoV-2 Spike protein's] genetic code, to mimic components of a pathogen (a bacterium, virus, or other disease-causing organism). Antigens (components of a pathogen) are produced to mimic the pathogen, without causing severe disease.
vaccinestechwebsite_1_advactechvectors_compressed.gif
When the body encounters the antigen the body will induce both a long-lasting humoral and cellular immune response against the antigen, by producing immune cells and antibodies.
vaccinestechwebsite_2_cytotoxict-cell_compressed.gif
In the future, if the body encounters the actual pathogen, the body will be able to respond faster and more effectively, as immune cells and antibodies specific to the pathogen will be rapidly produced in the body to prevent the pathogen from inducing disease.
vaccinestechwebsite_3_pathogen_compressed.gif

Last edited:
Telling members to 'shut the fuck up' is against the 'Be Nice' rule. Warning point issued.
Just because you don’t want to get jabbed with some experimental Covid shot does not mean you’re an anti-VAXer. What the fuck kind of logic is that?
I’m not against vaccines at all (got them as a kid) but there just isn’t enough Data on this and we have no idea of the long-term effects.

maybe if I was older and in a high-risk group I might think about getting the Covid shot.
But I never have gotten a flu shot I do not get sick very often and quite honestly this is a very personal decision for everyone.

so stop the snide remarks and shut the fuck up

While pro vaxxers make up reasons to take it?
Frankly, it's a little disappointing that conspiracy theories haven't kept up with the science. Just giving the opposition a friendly head's up.:smoke:

some experimental Covid shot
At what point do shots cease to be experimental? Successful Phase 3 clinical trials? No, how about after millions have taken them post-market without incident? Is there the slightest chance that any of the 200+ vaccines in development will meet your approval?

About to say it doesn't matter, because infection rates in the US look like they'll bottom while vaccine demand still far outweighs supply. But - that could be the dreaded inflection point corresponding to the rise of the variants. Fortunately, the US is ramping up genomic surveillance efforts, so we should get a good idea of what's going on soon.

2_US Positive (1).png

I respect the fact that some people want to hold off on a vaccine. You have to think of your own peace of mind. I will be getting my second dose this Saturday. Feeling a little nervous because folks are getting a stronger side effect with the second dose. I’ve had friends that have taken time off with the second shot but not the first one.

So far nobody has died from the vaccine, they are saying.:thumbsup:

Wow
So one person says fuck you and look my mates claims up yourself coz I just make random statements and expect you to do the work to prove or disprove them

Another says stop snide comments and fuck off.

But it's all to the person who gives articles with their posts and politely says ppl will need to make up new reasons they don't want to take something

And another says not being snide will never happen in their own semi snide manner

Whose the most touchy and abusive here???

Gotta love selective pragmatism and abuse acceptance

I'm not at all commenting or taking sides in all those comments either

Just pointing out ppls bs and ability to abuse or be snide when it suits

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back