Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference seems to be one side wants to force the other here.
I don't see anyone threatening people who do get the shot but I do see threats of violence from people who are in no shape to follow through.........keyboard bravado.

I don't see anyone threatening people who do get the shot but I do see threats of violence from people who are in no shape to follow through.........keyboard bravado.
Threats of violence? You talking about my post?

If so, perhaps a over the top hyperbole, no?

Have a great day

Last edited:
Reactions: arb
The word "here" implies "on this forum".
I do not see anyone trying to force anyone to do anything.
Did someone here offend you?
I do see threats of violence from people who are in no shape to follow through.........keyboard bravado.
I have searched this thread's past week of posts, and see no threats from anyone to anyone.

"Reuters" posted an article about the virus and some recent findings this morning, by Chris Murray.
Those that have been following the viruses evolution may recognize his name. If you have not heard of him, that is not relevant other than his following by the medical community.
ATTENTION:
This is for informational purposes.
It does not represent an opinion.
It is not intended to incite controversy, or agreement.
It is an article and that is all.

Last edited:
Coming to a beach near you!
vaxxed.jpg

Saturday had my second Maderna vaccine. Arm was sore and I was tired for a couple days. Reactions vary a lot. I do feel relieved. If needed I will take the booster come fall. I’m thankful that I was able to get this done.
I don’t think people should be forced to have the shot. I can’t see that happening In the U.S. We can’t even make people wear a mask.
Many of our retirement funds will also benefit from the vaccines. Nothing wrong with making a profit. Nobody is going to have to pay personally out of their own pockets to get the vaccine.

When I was at the grocery store today, it was the first time I saw people being careless about wearing a mask or no mask, since last May - like maybe around 9 or 10 people. We have rules that all businesses need to have people wear masks in our state. A mandate from the governor. It made me so angry I felt like calling people out for it. I said some things like, “hey, you need to have your mask on.” Nobody seemed to hear.
We are so close, all we need is for folks to screw it up! It’s been such a long year. I want things getting back to normal too. We aren’t there yet!:BangHead:

Covid rates are fairly low like yesterday we had 15 people in our county that tested positive for Covid. Two months ago we had 120 cases in one day.

Last edited:
It made me so angry
I get angry too. It's the law here and holds a $250 fine for being in a public place without one.
In privately owned businesses, the police enforce, and after citation and fine administered they ask the store manager if he wishes to press charges.
I felt like calling people out for it.
I do too.
I make eye contact, point at my mask....and make a sweeping gesture around me, as I say loudly: "Hey, there's others!"

I see no rules being presented, let alone changes in them.
These two statements are also not contradictory.
It appears that 5 months later, they just "dumbed it down" some since
people did not "get it".
1st one from June was less understandable (not to members here, since all here are very bright)
They had a meeting in October to brief the media, and a month later, after the Media Briefing,
they paraphrased it, using less words and simpler language.
It is egotistical to imagine that WHO cares about our memory at all.

It's good that we can always check our sources:

They seem to like Reuters a great deal, calling them the least biased source.
I personally know what I believe, and do not take stock in, or care about what Reuters verifies or belittles.
That is why I placed a disclaimer on the post where I mentioned Reuters!:
"Reuters" posted an article about the virus and some recent findings this morning, by Chris Murray.
Those that have been following the viruses evolution may recognize his name. If you have not heard of him, that is not relevant other than his following by the medical community.
ATTENTION:
This is for informational purposes.
It does not represent an opinion.
It is not intended to incite controversy, or agreement.

It is an article and that is all.

They don’t advise infants to wear a mask in the U.S. @Helios that above isn’t true. It’s dangerous for infants to wear a mask. I know that for a fact. Maybe some other country. I saw an Asian country had face shields last spring. Not here in the U.S. I haven’t heard anywhere in Europe either. Check your sources. Prove me wrong.:angel2:

Just a few comparisons

Our state (WA state) has 8 million people - 5,000 have died
Arizona population is 8 million people. -16,000 dead
Michigan population 10 million. - 16,000 dead
Texas population 29. Million. - 45,000 dead
Mississipi pop. 3 million. - 7,000 dead

Some states really tried to keep the levels low but started too late. Looks like TX hasn’t learned it’s lesson.
I could go on and on check out the populations verses covid deaths. I realize Arizona would have a larger older population. So age in the population would make a difference too.
edit
Also blacks, Hispanics and native Americans have a higher rate of covid. Not sure why? Maybe it’s because of living or work conditions. Living in an apartment complex might make a difference as well. Lack of medical insurance!

Last edited:
WHO thinks we have short memories..
So they change the rules as they see fit.. Lunacy.
View attachment 24932
They’ve been spinning the crap out of this stuff all along.

it’s just the nanny state deciding on any five day what you are to believe.

as far as contradictions, reversals, and making projections of the future beyond the Ken of mortal man, Fauci...the newest rock star of media, is the worst.

I see no rules being presented, let alone changes in them.
These two statements are also not contradictory.
It appears that 5 months later, they just "dumbed it down" some since
people did not "get it".
1st one from June was less understandable (not to members here, since all here are very bright)
They had a meeting in October to brief the media, and a month later, after the Media Briefing,
they paraphrased it, using less words and simpler language.
It is egotistical to imagine that WHO cares about our memory at all.
I disagree. They changed it to solely emphasize the vaccine as the only path to herd immunity as part of their campaign to convince people to take it.

now, I have had my first shot, am grateful to have gotten it, and will get the second in a couple of weeks.

but I despise being spun by our government and this is part of the spin.

Just a few comparisons

Our state (WA state) has 8 million people - 5,000 have died
Arizona population is 8 million people. -16,000 dead
Michigan population 10 million. - 16,000 dead
Texas population 29. Million. - 45,000 dead
Mississipi pop. 3 million. - 7,000 dead

Some states really tried to keep the levels low but started too late. Looks like TX hasn’t learned it’s lesson.
I could go on and on check out the populations verses covid deaths. I realize Arizona would have a larger older population. So age in the population would make a difference too.
edit
Also blacks, Hispanics and native Americans have a higher rate of covid. Not sure why? Maybe it’s because of living or work conditions. Living in an apartment complex might make a difference as well. Lack of medical insurance!
While you are pulling figures, and kudos for the research, pull data comparing cases and deaths between CA and FL.

I pulled the info from updated state websites. Go a head and look.

Some states have way lower cases than other states but a lot needs to be considered for the reason. Possibly a state that doesn’t have many laws for safety for its workers as well. Like a meat packing plant.
Here you go @Baron23

California population 40 million Covid deaths - 54,000
Florida pop 22 million “ Deaths -32,000.

Some places people are starting to gather with no masks. We will see what happens in a month. Maybe enough people will have had covid or the vaccines may make a difference? I’m hoping things don’t get really bad like 2 or 3 months ago. You can usually predict future behavior from their past behavior.

If you had to ride the city bus it would be hard to keep yourself safe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back