Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Beers, Ales and Lagers

Which do you buy craft or commerical?

• Independent craft beer always

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Common big name commerical

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Both depending on the day

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
Been loving this 8% IPA as of late. Reasonably priced too, $7.99 for a six pack.
GRamnrY.jpg

Some of you that live across the pond be nice to see some favorites from the neighborhood pubs some of you are so blessed with.

This isn't a beer, ale or lager. Taste like cheap bourbom & flat Sprite.
YUK !!

20201212_192722.jpg

Now this one is much better to my tongue. Not an all out IPA but still a slightly hoppy ale.

20201212_194644.jpg

Some of you that live across the pond be nice to see some favorites from the neighborhood pubs some of you are so blessed with.

This isn't a beer, ale or lager. Taste like flat Sprite in cheap bourbon. Yuk !!

Just Do me backwards with my shoes tied.
Mom I ducked up again !
Think I know whats wrong been tasting to many different beers ales & lagers while vaping herb chasers... hell I threw most of them out after a taste or two. But did have three of that better one.

I gotta stop before I say
do or redefine stoopid. EDIT: R U serious I missed this thread

Mom note: posts merged

Last edited:
Blew all your money on crafty stuff and had no money left for a glass, mason jars are for moonshine.:twocents:
I will not pay for homebrew as most of my mates make their own and I am always knocking it back for free...that and I was brought up on Boags,

I love beer. Always have, ever since my dad would give me a juice glass full of A-1's best ! Many years later I quit drinking and have always been looking for a good beer. Lately, I've found all sorts of new craft NA beers, everything from a blood orange IPA to a Oatmeal stout. NA beer isn't just Odoul's anymore. Now I can blaze away and have a frosty as a treat :thumbsup: Beer is good again :nod: ! This is a red ale with extra hops . Nice taste kinda hoppy but not IPA hoppy :rofl:. Initially a crisp blast of hops and finishing up with a slight malt taste. Good but there are plenty other real IPA's out there.

IMG_7649.JPG

World's Strongest Beer Is 67.5 Percent And Only Drunk One Shot At A Time​

Jess Hardiman

Published 16:01, 29 August 2021 BST
World's Strongest Beer Is 67.5 Percent And Only Drunk One Shot At A Time

You may have thought that nothing could ever possibly beat a pint, but it turns out there's a beer that might just top your usual tipple of choice - delivering a hefty hit of booze as the strongest beer in the world.
With an ABV (Alcohol By Volume) content of 67.5 percent, Snake Venom is a fortified beer made by Brewmeister, a beer brand from Scotland's Keith Brewery Ltd.
The brewers came up with the product back in 2013, and since then it has become one of the brand's most sought-after beers.
The amber-style ale is strengthened so much that the result is something that tastes a little more like a spirit, with the alcoholic content to match.

Credit: Drink Supermarket
Most lagers like Tennent's are four percent, while wine tends to teeter around 10-13.5 percent and spirits like gin, tequila and vodka are around 40 percent.
Snake Venom, however, is more than 15 times stronger than most other beers, with a staggering 67.5 percent ABV.
In fact, it's so strong, that you're only supposed to enjoy it in 'small doses', with a recommended measure of 35ml, which is a little more than a single shot.

Each 330ml bottle comes with a letter of authentication and explanation, and customers are only allowed to purchase a maximum of two bottles at one time - both measures to help beer lovers ensure they're drinking responsibly.
According to its listing on Drink Supermarket, the site Brewmeister uses to sell the beverage, the beer has a 'sweet, nutty aroma, a fruity flavour and fiery, intense finish'.
Related video:
PLEASE TURN OFF
YOUR AD BLOCKING SOFTWARE TO VIEW THIS VIDEO

It also lacks carbonation due to its high ABV, meaning the beer has a 'smooth taste'.

The website says: "This beer is not for the faint-hearted, it is recommended to enjoy in small doses of 35ml measures.
"We are not responsible for the risks you may take and don't encourage you to be the hard(wo)man, hence you can only purchase a maximum of 2 bottles per order!"
Being so strong, the beer doesn't come cheap, with each 330ml bottle normally setting you back £49.99 - although currently it's on offer via Drink Supermarket for just £39.99.
Mind you, it sounds like you'll be getting a good bang for your buck, especially as you may find it hard to rattle your way through it too quickly.

Give it a go, if you dare.

I only counted 5 :doh:

The 8 Best Non-Alcoholic Beers We Know​

Crack open any of these picks for ultra-refreshing, not-sleepy vibes.
by: LOUIS LG
August 27, 2021
2 Comments
PHOTO BY LOUIS LIVINGSTON-GARCIA
SAVETO COLLECTION
2 COMMENTS
There’s often a stigma about non-alcoholic beer: It just doesn’t taste like beer. Ask people who’ve had beer stripped of its alcohol, and you’ll hear that it is cloying. The mouthfeel just isn’t right. Or, quite simply, it doesn't provide the full hoppy, fruity, complex-flavor experience present in alcoholic beer. The combination of malt, hops, yeast, water, and adjuncts like coffee and fruit creates a multitude of flavors in today’s beer that just hasn’t been possible in non-alcoholic beer.
Until now! According to the Brewers Association, non-alcoholic beer sales are trending upward, and more people than ever are participating in "dry January," a month where drinkers abstain from alcohol. And to keep up, several breweries across the country are investing in new technology to create better non-alcoholic beers, in styles ranging from pilsners and hazy IPAs to fruit beers and chocolate stouts. With so many brews to choose from in this fast-growing category, it can be hard to know where to start. To help, we’ve highlighted some of our favorite non-alcoholic beers below.

1. Untitled Art Brewing Company's Watermelon Gose, Florida Weisse & Juicy IPA​

This Madison suburb brewery (brewed at Octopi Brewing Co., a large contract brewery) has quickly become known for its array of eclectic flavors in barrel-aged stouts, smoothie seltzers, and more. The brand has also dabbled in CBD water and currently has a line of non-alcoholic beers mirroring the flavors in its alcohol-filled line.
Of the six available flavors (ranging from a pilsner to IPAs to fruit beers), the Watermelon Gose, Florida Weisse, and Juicy IPA are must-try beers. If you placed any of those in front of me to try blindly, I wouldn’t be able to tell you they didn’t have alcohol. The gose is reminiscent of biting into a juicy slice of melon during a picnic. A touch of lime is just beneath the surface, and the backend is punctuated with a bit of sea salt. The Florida Weisse is bursting with passion fruit and guava within its bright, vibrant ruby body. And the Juicy IPA is rife with grapefruit pith, citrus, and a hint of melon.

2. Samuel Adams' Just The Haze​

While there is a tendency to argue if Samuel Adams is craft (the brewery makes a lot of beer and is a large business), one thing remains constant: the brewery makes good beer. The Samuel Adams New England IPA was a huge surprise when compared to the smaller breweries making a name for themselves with the style. It’s no surprise, then, that the non-alcoholic version is also delicious. The aroma reminds me of smelling grain straight out of the bag on brew day and features an intense nectarine and grassy hop aroma. The flavor isn’t as extreme; layers of apricot, grass, grapefruit, and tangerine are all detectable. This is just a good hazy IPA, regardless of alcohol content.

3. Lakefront Riverwest's Stein NA​

This Milwaukee stalwart is known for creating some of the most renowned lagers in the Midwest. After all, Wisconsin’s largest city was made famous by its beer barons who specialized in lager. Lakefront was able to fit all the flavor of its amber lager into this non-alcoholic version. This means you get a malty caramel flavor throughout with a touch of sweet berries (mostly blueberry). The body is robust and full, proving once again that Lakefront knows how to make a good beer, alcohol content notwithstanding.

4. Lagunitas' Hoppy Refresher​

This might be one of my favorite non-alcoholic options. Where many non-alcoholic beers have .5% alcohol or less, this one has none at all! It has zero calories, zero carbs, and zero gluten. This highly carbonated drink is essentially dry-hopped sparkling water. It has a nice orange and lemon flavor with just a touch of sweet pine. The uppercut of citrus on top of the strong carbonation makes for a rather unique showcase for some popular hops (if you like Citra, Cascade, Centennial, and Chinook hops, you’ll enjoy this). Plus, it’s a really cheap option at around $6 for a four-pack.

5. Athletic Brewing Company's Light Copper​

This popular non-alcoholic brewery has several different styles and flavors, but Light Copper has been my favorite after sampling it and the IPAs. Your palate is immediately hit with a minerality, followed by fresh biscuit, and just a touch of honey that is sweet but not cloying. Each Athletic beer pour results in a tall, frothy head for maximum aroma and presentation. If that beer isn’t your style, there are IPAs, a stout, and even a blackberry Berliner weisse. The company also offers several seltzers infused with hops. As a bonus, Athletic can ship beer to select states.

What's your favorite non-alcoholic brew? Let us know in the comments.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back