Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Crafty by Storz and Bickel

Hi everyone, sorry for the long hiatus from my vaporent family. My computer went down right around the Covid shut down. I have a new PC now! Yay me. I also have a new cellphone and absolutely hate the android keyboard. Anyway I have 100 hours on my crafty + and thought I'd let you guys know how I feel about it now. It's still a top tier portable in my book, Id get a Mighty over it any day though. Because the battery. I get 3 sessions out of it before I need to charge again. Such a pain in the ass if I forget to. At least I have other vapes that can fill the void. My sessions start at 365, 385 and finish in 410. It's about 10 minutes each session through a water piece. It chugs a long juts fine. The Mighty would last a day or two though. Crafty is a charge every day.
View attachment 21082
Wow
Only 3 bowls?
I consider getting one of these at times still

But 3 bowls per charge is a bit shit
I get many more than that from my edge

Yea it's really an out and about vape. Something you should get to complement your collection but never for the daily. It is a disappointment considering the hype it had. It's the same battery as t he original crafty so I guess I should have went with that. My wife still loves it, she only vapes 5 hits a night though. Me I need 5 bowls a day lol.

Yea it's really an out and about vape. Something you should get to complement your collection but never for the daily. It is a disappointment considering the hype it had. It's the same battery as t he original crafty so I guess I should have went with that. My wife still loves it, she only vapes 5 hits a night though. Me I need 5 bowls a day lol.
If it only does three sessions it wouldn't suit me for out and about let alone the day

I thought it would have done maybe 6 caps
In a portable I want the battery time more because I can't recharge easily and use another vape like at home

Cheers for the feedback though, I'll sit on the crafty+ idea a bit longer, I don't "need" it

@Kurtdigglur Think thats the limitation of some of these things. I went down to the NJ Shore with my Mighty and Dynavap. I am mostly vaping at night, so less of an issue.

Some of the other devices have great battery life, but they are not so portable. Sorry it was a disappointment for you.
I do love my crafty or I mean the S&B vapor profile. I'm a heavy user and the Mighty is the clear choice here. Some people who do 5 minute sessions on one setting could get 5 or 6 sessions. Me I love to sesh though...

USB-C should have been on the + version for sure...very poor improvement over the old Crafty by all accounts, at least you don't get the loading tool anymore so you can drop weed crumbs in all those crevices around the bowl.
I just hope the Mighty+ will come out with some decent upgrades before too long.

Hi my fellow Ents. I recently RMA'd the crafty plus and asked for a Mighty upgrade haha. It was about 130 hours. I needed something more heavy duty, the little crafty was getting about 3 sessions and at times I'd forget to charge. Makes the usb c neglect seem like a slap. Plus I had a chip in the plastic around the cooling unit area. I'd put this in top tier portable for a micro doser. My wife misses it already and its only been a few days but I cant at my level.

Fresh off work from the weekend feeling! Cheers Ents!
View attachment 15972
If its not too much trouble could you explain what I am looking at, reading through the thread but 99.99% goes flying over my head
I bought my volcano over 10 years ago and my mighty 5 years ago (replaced foc on/ off button broke), wish I found this site sooner
Having this explained will help me decode the language of the site and read the threads a little easier
very technical forum, I expected it, just not on steroids, not expecting homemade wood vaporizer
Started with the volcano thread and now the mighty so I have all the paranoia reading about safety concerns
Need to do a lot more reading before asking questions, but I have to understand a little of what I'm reading
Thanks for any input and I know folks are really busy ( especially here)

Yo, My second crafty only lasted me around 60 hours this time. Its started to flash red and blue lights when plugged in to charge on occasion. I asked S&B each time i used RMA for a Mighty upgrade and they wouldn't respond to either other than my request being updated to accepted. The first time I assumed my Mighty request was accepted, and then they sent out my unit without requesting upgrade payment. I was like fuck here's to another crapty. I thought Id give another go at it, and this one didn't last half as long as the other. It didn't help my son was using my crafty lots too , so id find it dead a lot because were both heavies and need 25 minute sessions. This RMA I wrote upgrade to mighty pretty please everywhere on my packing slip, in my email, on my ticket page and I got the ole request accepted and nothing from the rma team. After I got my tracking number and not an upgrade request I sent S&B a nasty letter sayin they lost a lifetime customer (2 mightys and 2 craftys purchased) because all they had to do was respond to my request saying they no longer provide upgrades. I didn't get a response until I said fuck you S&B you guys a shit company now and ill be sure not to recommend your vapes to anyone. Sorry for my rant and if you have a crafty and love it, it is a good vape, just not for a heavy user and the company was once great could offer you to pay the difference between two devices to get what you like. Instead they'd rather shell out crafty after crafty, makes zero :twocents:to me.

Fuck Storz & Bickel, and the Crafty. I'd rather stick with Boundless, they know customer service. S&B responses are redundant, they just copy and paste from generic templates it seems, as if I'm dealing with robots.
My experience with S&B customer service has been perfunctory but not unreasonable. They replaced two Craftys and one Mighty under warranty claims due to premature battery deterioration. These replacements didn’t exactly make me happy because I experienced premature battery deterioration on all of the devices, typically between 35-50 hours. Net result is I’ve had a functioning Crafty and Mighty for 2-3 years. That is not what I’d call good product design engineering, so I agree S&B needs to upgrade their devices without subjecting its customers to the ‘return’ merry go round.
S&B is clearly not top dog in product quality or customer service. I’ve had fewer issues with my Arizer, Pax and Dynavap devices. Dynavap is way more friendly and responsive but lately it’s devices have QC issues that aren’t resolved quickly. Randy/PIU was a fantastic retailer — so sad they’re gone. Sneaky Pete is very good too. Also, two IH craftsman that have superior quality AND good CS are Jeff @ FluxerHeaters and Steve @VHB Carbon. POTV is very good too. Just one mans humble opinion...

Last edited:
I am still waiting on the 'new' Mighty+ to be released to see if the air fin orientation has changed a little ...about all S$B did with the Cfrafty+ :twocents:
All that aluminium (heater and bowl) and what about USB-c charging...dinosaurs :disgust:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back