Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips Cranberry extract and how different vaping fluids perform and dwell in your glass

Do you vape through anything except pure water?

• Total voters
The cranberry extracts found on Amazon, mention alcohol.

Although it's not that significant of a deal, I know alcohol based extracts cause irritation in the lungs.

Is this the same as terpene, as in, they are both alcohol extracted or suspended?

Is this the same as terpene, as in, they are both alcohol extracted or suspended?
The Botanic Choice and Nature's Answer brands do not use alcohol. I tried an extract with alcohol and did it only once as it was extremely irritating to my lungs.

I can not recommend inhaling alcohol vapors, it is unwise.

I have been putting a couple of drops of Lemon juice in my FC-Mod and have noticed less build up on the internals. I usually disassemble my piece each night and put it through the dishwasher. Before using the lemon juice I would have to occasionally have to give the body of the rig an extra scrub with a bottle brush, never when using lemon juice, so far!

I have been putting a couple of drops of Lemon juice in my FC-Mod and have noticed less build up on the internals.
Hmmm . . . must be the citric acid helping to keep things a little cleaner . . . interesting result.

So long as your fingers can still fing @pxl_jockey :wink:

I have moved away from cranberry/citric acids in my bong water. I change it every 2-3 days recently because I am lazy but a small dry bubbler is a fun diversion. I like my Mike Shea sidecar for dry use.

I read heaps about the rezblock and others
Found ppl use cranberry extracts as it was main ingredient in them
The glycerine not really needed

Citric acid is the thing that is mainly doing it

I used lemon juice 5-10 drops as it is natural and I have a lemon tree out back

Works fine and my water is not green or red

LJ is the go
Citric acid

Clean glass and fresher water :)
Told others of my experience, now they all use and pass on the suggestion themselves

An old fulla told me this for bongs and combusting years ago

I never clicked on as the water gets filthy anyway combusting

With vaping the fog on glass is noticeably visible as is the difference when using LJ

Seems like the best practice is to clean your glass after each use? Reading through it's scary to think about growing bacteria in the water your vaping through.
Lemon juice soundsike a great idea. Do you catch hints of lemon as you vape or it's flavorless?

Do you catch hints of lemon as you vape or it's flavorless?
I can get a hint of lemon smell whenever I overdo the drip count as I only have concentrated LJ, I used to change out my water daily as it got dirty looking, now I can be a bit of a slob and stretch that out to 2-3 days now as it just looks like it has lemonade in it, very weak, just a bit cloudy.

Seems like the best practice is to clean your glass after each use? Reading through it's scary to think about growing bacteria in the water your vaping through.
Lemon juice soundsike a great idea. Do you catch hints of lemon as you vape or it's flavorless?
Maybe the slightest citrus if over do it but nothing much

I change water daily anyway
And glass pieces

But without lj one or two sesh will fog the glass

With LJ I get many more sesh before it starts to fog badly

I would agree with @LesPlenty about the smell or taste; I've only experience tasting the extract (I use cranberry) when I overdo the drops.

However.... I disagree about leaving the water in the rig for more than a day. While the extract (lemon or cranberry) will help keep the 'walls' of your rig from collecting resin, the water itself can develop mold if left in the rig for more than 24 hours. Personally, I dump it daily and give it a good hot water rinse before adding fresh water and extract. Because the extract makes it so that the resin doesn't stick to the glass as much, I only have to clean the rig once a week; which is much less than when I used plain water.

Yes, the cranberry extract (and the branded Res Block) keeps reclaim from collecting on the glass as fast, but wow does it grow bacteria quickly. If you are religious about changing your water every other or third day, NP. But forget for a week and you (well, at least me) will have a booming population of some sort of gunk in there.

So, I go for pure distilled water and I clean with PBW when needed.

Yes, the cranberry extract (and the branded Res Block) keeps reclaim from collecting on the glass as fast, but wow does it grow bacteria quickly. If you are religious about changing your water every other or third day, NP. But forget for a week and you (well, at least me) will have a booming population of some sort of gunk in there.

So, I go for pure distilled water and I clean with PBW when needed.
Thus using lj

But if you leave bong water for more than a day or two you are growing shite..
Ppl don't notice when combusting and leave bongs for days
But it is just coz it's gross and dirty

I used to change bong water all the time combusting

With vaping coz you see the things inside the water growing as it isn't black sludge you can tell easier

But yer
A week of still water has bacteria no matter what Esp if has vape oils in there

I have filled my dab rig and not touched for a couple days and had to clean it again before use as you can see the "fur" in the water
Even just plain water....

LJ is to help keep glass clean

It works

Nothing keeps your water from growth except new water on the regular

I use.my ultrasonic cleaner with a 50/50 water SG mix to clean all glass regularly

Last edited:
, I go for pure distilled water and I clean with PBW when needed.
PBW = ?
I use.my ultrasonic cleaner with a 50/50 water SG mix to clean all glass regularly
SG = ?

You guys are great. Thanks!

Few months ago I was interested in an ultrasonic cleaner. Someone mentioned a metallic taste from dynavap M's, UC got rid of that taste for them... Enough ppl convinced me UC was overboard and not a necessity.. I'm already in on the glass though. I can see my mind has already switched to the 'on' position. I NEED that cooled vapor.

Ultrasonic cleaner is back on the radar! I prefer the cleanliness of things! I've been cleaning my vapcaps at least twice a week. With glass, I'll need more cleaning.

PBW = ?

SG = ?

You guys are great. Thanks!

Few months ago I was interested in an ultrasonic cleaner. Someone mentioned a metallic taste from dynavap M's, UC got rid of that taste for them... Enough ppl convinced me UC was overboard and not a necessity.. I'm already in on the glass though. I can see my mind has already switched to the 'on' position. I NEED that cooled vapor.

Ultrasonic cleaner is back on the radar! I prefer the cleanliness of things! I've been cleaning my vapcaps at least twice a week. With glass, I'll need more cleaning.
Powdered Brewers Wash

https://www.amazon.com/PBW-Cleaner-1-lb/dp/B007L8JN16

I have two water pipes out for use most of the time. The larger pipe i use with my dab rig and the small one is used with a @ddave water wand. I clean the bigger one(s) after a days use, but I'm lazy with the smaller pipe. I use CE in each. I'm down to 5 pipes, 3 larger, two small. I busted a small one recently.

I clean the smaller pipe when it starts to look cloudy or if I see floaters, or vape boogers. The CE seems to coagulate the captured resins and tiny particles. They flush out pretty easy unless their stuck on a diffuser. I prolly average cleaning it every 3 days, but that's dependent on use. Sometimes it does not get much use. But if it's been a while I just clean it anyway before I use it again.

If I see anything stuck on the glass I soak it with pbw over night and give it a good flush. And with 5 pipes a long soake doesn't limit me in any way.

After all this clean vape talk, I wonder what our lungs look like? Sometime just for shits n giggles, inhale your vapor through a tissue, then exhale through another tissue. The difference in in your lungs.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back