Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips Cranberry extract and how different vaping fluids perform and dwell in your glass

Do you vape through anything except pure water?

• Total voters
Simple green and powdered brewers wash. Need to do some research. At $15 for 1lb pbw, everyday use on a small piece this would last approximately how long? I assume it's concentrated n you don't need much? For my purpose I don't think I'll need to dunk this piece in a bucket of solution?

@Chandler you may want to shop it around as well. If you are an Amazon prime member it can be had for less here with free shipping.

You would just mix a 1/4 teaspoon in some boiling water for that small of a bubbler. Enough to fill the rig. You'll have to invest in some sort of stopper to keep the solution in the rig as well.

Last edited:
PBW = ?

SG = ?

You guys are great. Thanks!

Few months ago I was interested in an ultrasonic cleaner. Someone mentioned a metallic taste from dynavap M's, UC got rid of that taste for them... Enough ppl convinced me UC was overboard and not a necessity.. I'm already in on the glass though. I can see my mind has already switched to the 'on' position. I NEED that cooled vapor.

Ultrasonic cleaner is back on the radar! I prefer the cleanliness of things! I've been cleaning my vapcaps at least twice a week. With glass, I'll need more cleaning.

If you can afford it I would highly recommend an ultrasonic cleaner if you are a clean freak like myself
I like my glass and utensils clean

The us cleaner makes life sooo much quicker and easier and cleaner/shiny

eBay to the rescue again
For $200 AUD or less you can have a 6 or 10L cleaner that will take your bongs and bits and bobs no problem

No soaking or shaking or mucking around
Just clean in no time

SG/water mix in the tub

Then a quick WV (white vinegar) rinse to help grab the soap and then water rinse and you are away ;)

I'll have to add that one (and PBW) to the Glossary lol. Simple Green. :smile: @felvapes uses the method of having a large bucket full to dunk pieces in for a good soak; as do I.

Yes SG is simple green concentrate

I used to have a bucket as @momofthegoons said with 50/50 water/SG and I would soak my glass for a couple of days using others in rotation

Now I have the us cleaner I don't use the bucket anymore

It is just the SG/water mix in us cleaner and 6 mins in the machine

Rinse and done can use the same piece immediately if you choose

Great for Cleaning dv tips etc and anything else

Pbw or similar I have for brewing purposes

I don't use with my vaping pieces
The soak bucket was good prior to my US cleaner

Now I couldn't go back to not having the cleaner

Only down fall is it is feckin noisy
But only needs to run for short periods of time....

@momofthegoons @felvapes @LesPlenty @Stevenski n a few more... Thanks so much. Yall have provided me with a wealth of knowledge. I appreciate it!

For $200 AUD or less you can have a 6 or 10L cleaner that will take your bongs and bits and bobs no problem
6-10L sounds big. I don't think I'd need more than 4L? @felvapes, noisy? On a scale of 1-10? 1 being discreet - 10 they can hear this thing upstairs?

@momofthegoons @felvapes @LesPlenty @Stevenski n a few more... Thanks so much. Yall have provided me with a wealth of knowledge. I appreciate it!

6-10L sounds big. I don't think I'd need more than 4L? @felvapes, noisy? On a scale of 1-10? 1 being discreet - 10 they can hear this thing upstairs?

You will need a 6 l minimum for a normal size glass bong
I have a 6 and it does me fine
But with my tall roor knockoff bong it hangs out the top , a 10 l would fit most any size bong

I do recommend the 6 though

They have 3 and 6 litres

The 3 would be too small for many of my glass pieces

6 is the good compromise

Noise..... Umm hard to explain
They may hear upstairs but it shouldn't be an issue really
And I only run it at 6.30 min intervals at most

It's just a loud buzz that I find annoying on my tinitus

It doesn't prevent me watching tele in same vicinity though
I just have to turn tele up a bit

I don't have @momofthegoons skills on site here but she can cut paste a link we have to the us cleaner thread we have going too

I don't have @momofthegoons skills on site here but she can cut paste a link we have to the us cleaner thread we have going too
Lol... I don't know about 'skills' per se. But you'll find the glass cleaning thread here. All the info about the ultrasonic cleaner is there. One thing I should mention about using Simple Green; it can remove labels from glass. It depends on how it was applied. @Chandler the little rig you're getting has a maple leaf label on it. You may want to avoid the SG soak if you want to keep that label on it. Or use a much lower concentration of it.

Lol... I don't know about 'skills' per se. But you'll find the glass cleaning thread here. All the info about the ultrasonic cleaner is there. One thing I should mention about using Simple Green; it can remove labels from glass. It depends on how it was applied. @Chandler the little rig you're getting has a maple leaf label on it. You may want to avoid the SG soak if you want to keep that label on it. Or use a much lower concentration of it.

/\/\/\ see look at those hyperlinking skills go.... ;p

Yes the SG does remove most labels
I think I have read the us cleaner can also

Good catch @momofthegoons

I however care more about shiny shiny glass than the labels :)
Plus the super ease of use and speed of the cleaner

But yes, if you are concerned about the labels be aware of this

Simple green and powdered brewers wash. Need to do some research. At $15 for 1lb pbw, everyday use on a small piece this would last approximately how long? I assume it's concentrated n you don't need much? For my purpose I don't think I'll need to dunk this piece in a bucket of solution?

I use pbw inside my pipes, and like simple green, it can be saved and reused. A pound has lasted me a year and I have half left.

So, an update on my LJ use
Both on taste and bacterial growth

@LesPlenty has always used LJ in a bottle and I have used fresh LJ from a fruit

Others use CE or rezblock

Recently I purchased a bottle of 100% LJ to try

Firstly I still stand by the LJ over extracts and bought rezblock etc - mainly as it is cheaper or free and works perfectly, also as it keeps my water non coloured

The citric acid is the thing that works
I as I type this remember I have powdered citric acid for cleaning brewer stills I have I need to try this too methinks

Anyway, fresh LJ vs bottle LJ

Les has always said he can only use a few drops of his bottle before it starts to taste too lemony
I using fresh have gone for up to 10 drops

I have been using the bottle stuff for a week or so now
With the bottle I also can only use a few drops before the lemon flavour/fume is overwhelming
With fresh I can add heaps and even when can taste it is bearable

Partly this is the fresh vs concentrate I believe
Also the drops from the bottle are larger than the fresh squeeze so this makes a difference in volumes

As for how well they work I would say identical

I think I prefer the flavour using fresh though

Now the one big difference I have noticed is the bacterial growth

I have read ppl complain about rezblock or CE growing fur quickly

The fresh LJ will also do this in a day or so

With the bottle LJ however you can be lazy and go days without visible growth in the water
I am sure it is there in a day or so, but not visible fur

I also prefer to change my bong or water at least daily
But for testing sake or the lazy days I went to day three without visible growth....

So this is a mark for the bottle LJ

I think I do prefer fresh LJ for taste etc and always prefer fresh things over processed

They are as good as each other at keeping glass clean though

And the bottle certainly helps the visual growth in the water

Be interested to see how the powder citric acid goes

Glad to see this discussion still moving forward.

While I feel that citric acid is a great preservative, and cleaner, I also feel that the anti-bio-adhesion effects of the Proanthocyanidins in the cranberries can not be discounted. . . . :peace:

Another reason to get a rosin press, squishin' cranberries because Rezblock costs too much.:smile:

Another reason to get a rosin press, squishin' cranberries because Rezblock costs too much.:smile:

@LesPlenty . . . always the joker . . . :lol:

Whatever works to justify the expense of the press lol.....

t-dub do you think that the addition citric acid to the cranberry juice is necessary if you change out the water daily?

t-dub do you think that the addition citric acid to the cranberry juice is necessary if you change out the water daily?

Well you have to just come to terms with what level of "clean" you are interested in. Citric acid lowers PH which kills microorganisms. It is a common food preservative. Chlorine in pools is the same for example as well as phosphoric acid in toilet bowl cleanser etc. Lowering PH to kill the bad guys and clean.

Since I am immuno-suppressed, I am sensitive to this issue.

All I can say is this: For the average person, using the glass exclusively to themselves, and washing thoroughly with HOT water and dish soap, they should be fine. Just a pinch of CA can really help things though with no risk and low cost, just to be on the safe side. If you are sharing that glass in a sesh, or something,. .. :wink: then the precaution of the acid is warranted to eliminate cooties. You can obtain more dwell time for your fluid as well.

Thanks for askin' . . . :aaaaa:@momofthegoons

Last edited:
Thought I would give the pink and CA a run, I purchased along with Sunflower Lecithin from iHerb to spread the post cost to make the items feel a bit cheaper,
IMG_20200622_124300.jpg

I have always just used lemon juice, my first time with cranberry extract, the citric acid is supposed to help stop the mold growth. I have always cleaned 1x bong per day, that means 2 days between cleaning now as I dab from 1x rig and vaping herb through another.

You may need to change your water twice a day in summer if you start early Les. Personally I have gone off using it. Water is good enough for me as I don't care about my glass & I only need to iso it once or twice a month to keep things clean.

I like to think that my bong would be more putrid in an hour than vaping in a year if I still smoked.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back