Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories Customized stainless steel Multi-Functional Magical botanical extractor (NOT the MBM)

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
This post is about a 'Customized stainless steel Multi-Functional Magical botanical extractor'.

Customized-stainless-steel-Multi-Functional-Magical-botanical.jpg_350x350.jpg

This device is similar to the 'Magical Butter Machine' but is produced in China and has a Decarboxylate feature.

Here are a list of features from the Alibaba page:
  • Multi-protection device :Overheat protection, spill proof protection, Anti-dry protection
  • Double layer : Plastic+ 304# stainless steel
  • Capacity :1.1-1.5L
  • Fully automatic , easy to handle
  • Self cleaning
  • Multi-function: Magical butter , Rice paste , Soup , Smoothie , Chunky, Juice , Corn Juice , Nut milk , Veggie milk, Butter , Herbs, porridge
  • Stainless steel motor cabinet
  • Motor power is 250W, Heating power:800W
  • OEM brand , artwork , OEM service is also acceptable
My experience with this device is so far limited to a single run of Cannabis infused tincture.

Below are details of my experience:

SYNOPSIS:
  • The decarboxylation process was successful and can be used independently from the infusion cycles
    • The decarb process lasts for about 1 -> 1.5 hours
    • Worth shaking the unit gently halfway through process for even heat application (especially towards the minimum material limit
  • The infusion setting for tincture lasted about 4 -> 4.5 hours and was successful
  • The unit is not entirely smell free
  • The unit is as noisy as a blender but this is an intermittent disturbance that kicks in every 5-10 minutes
M7ad0G0.jpg

I purchased a single one off sample device in order to perform this initial review.

The device was priced at $30, however the shipping was priced at $78 for a total of $108. I believe the manufacturer is looking for resellers to take up the sale to end users.

The device came with a UK kettle lead (IEC-c14) to fit the IEC-c13 socket and rated for 220v (I believe there is a 110v variant).

On top of the device are 5 buttons:
  • Decarboxylate
  • Oil
  • Butter
  • Tincture
  • Clean
ExZacBp.jpg

I ran the device through a clean cycle after placing a small amount of washing up liquid and enough water to hover between the min and max markers inside the main chamber.

The clean cycle ran for less than 10 minutes and basically involved a small amount of heat plus the macerator mechanism spinning up and down several times in a row.

The macerator mechanism is rather loud sounding like a blender.

DJyd4A4.jpg

I started with the below items but in the end didn't bother adding the honey.

QHWNshZ.jpg

I used the minimum material recommended which was 14g of medium to high quality sativa.

The silver packet is 'Naissance Menthol Crystals 100g 100% Pure' used to add the menthol flavour.

Pp2YreX.jpg

About 480ml of Spirytus was used as the Ethanol solvent.

hYMGopg.jpg

I tore the material up by hand and placed it into the main chamber of the device.

uxMhQwG.jpg

I then plugged the device in and pressed the Decarboxylate button. There was a red LED on the button that lit up to indicate the chosen program and a whole bunch of flashy pointless LEDs around the circumference of the device.

PRjw8LJ.jpg

After about 1 -> 1.5 hours the device let out about 4 loud beeps to indicate the program had finished. The process was not smell free but not as bad as using an oven.

The buds came out looking slightly darker than when they went in but I noticed that the parts of the bud not touching the metal sides or floor of the main chamber were still fairly green. Hence why I suggest giving the unit a gentle shake about half way through the decarboxylating process.

After the decarboxylation process I added the Ethanol and pressed the 'Tincture' button.

The unit ran for approximately 4 - 4.5 hours with the macerator spinning up for 10 seconds every 5 - 10 minutes. The macerator sounded like a blender when in use so prepare yourself for that as it can take you by surprise. I also ran the unit under my stove top extractor fan as I was concerned about having good ventilation due to the ethanol fumes. I didn't want to have any ignition potential and highly advise anyone using this machine in this manner to ensure the is good airflow, the device is not airtight.

11sjx23.jpg

UN76yBE.jpg

I poured the contents of the device through some cheese cloth (double lined) which I then squeezed with a 'Potato Ricer' in order to get every last drop of infused liquid out.

Whilst the solution was still hot I added the crushed up menthol crystals, mixed and allowed to cool. I could have added the honey at this point but chose not to do so.

Once cooled I placed 10ml of the solution into a spray atomiser and gave it a try.

WpJmHcP.jpg

At first I was quite impressed but after further testing I decided I need to reduce the alcohol down in order to increase the potency. This was due to only using 14g of starting material, next time I'll use a full 56g (2oz) as the Ethanol is a notable expense where I am.

FINAL VERDICT

I need more sessions to determine the longevity of this device but first impressions are good. For the money and convenience I am impressed.

The unit is noisy when the macerator is in use and not smell free so be aware of before embarking on an infusion session.

The build quality feels good and overall I'm happy with my purchase.

Nice review @GreenHopper :thumbsup:

At the price point you bought this at, it comes in lower than the Magical Butter machine (after discount $135 plus shipping); althought the MBM comes with a strainer and glove. But if the machine you purchased decarbs it has one up on the MBM since it still relies on an oven decarb. Lots of similar features; including the stupid LED light display lol.

I wonder how their warranty service would be if it breaks...

What was your final verdict on your spray after you reduced it?

Nice review @GreenHopper :thumbsup:

At the price point you bought this at, it comes in lower than the Magical Butter machine (after discount $135 plus shipping); althought the MBM comes with a strainer and glove. But if the machine you purchased decarbs it has one up on the MBM since it still relies on an oven decarb. Lots of similar features; including the stupid LED light display lol.

I wonder how their warranty service would be if it breaks...

What was your final verdict on your spray after you reduced it?

Thanks @momofthegoons,

It's worth bearing in mind that the manufacturers intend to sell through resellers so I don't know what uplift that would have over the final end sale price.

Not sure about warranty, I'll see if I can find out.

The first reduction I did was 50% and not bad. Worth noting that the best buzz I got off of it was after a nice Rib eye steak. I suspect the fat had something to do with that.

I've since done a 25% reduction but not tried it yet. It's mostly for a friend who has back issues so needs something he can use at night that isn't going to disturb his wife.

I'll report back on that one in the Tincture Spray thread once I've given it a shot.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back