Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape D nail Halo and Nimbus

I finally received a package from Brian at DNail (he forgot to post it). A new 14/18mm Ti wpa part and quartz spacers along with a PTFE 18 to 14mm adapter with a couple of PTFE protectors as well,
IMG_20200219_134357.jpg

IMG_20200219_193218.jpg

All set up,
IMG_20200219_193126.jpg

After installing the new WPA nut it became obvious to me why I was breaking so many drop down adapters, my old WPA was not 'round', it was touching at 2 distinct spots that was causing my wobble and was putting all the thermal expansion load onto these 2 small points. My new Ti WPA now fits like a GonG connection, such a good connection it shows up how crooked my China Frankenbong is so I have employed the PTFE and a 710 coils clamp to straighten it back up.(see above)
I am very happy with the setup now and am glad I only order 2x spare dropdowns, not the 10 pack I was thinking about as I only have my own ham fistedness to worry about with breakages from here.

Last edited:
I let my Halo get filthy by dabbing all the scraped up rosin from my poorly loaded fritted quartz atties (cough monster goo), this black tar was as hard as a rock,
1610792817853.jpg

Now with 15 minutes on 999f with the Auber rdk200 PID controller (this is usually long enough to clean a standard dirty Halo),
1610792817849.jpg

And another 15 mins and all the black goo has turned to dust,
1610792817843.jpg

All it needed after was a quick shot of breath followed by a wet iso qtip wipe to make it like new...that is why my quartz bangers rarely get used. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I let my Halo get filthy by dabbing all the scaped up rosin from my poorly loaded fritted quartz atties (cough monster goo), this black tar was as hard as a rock,
View attachment 23699

Now with 15 minutes on 999f with the Auber rdk200 PID controller (this is usually long enough to clean a standard dirty Halo),
View attachment 23700

And another 15 mins and all the black goo has turned to dust,
View attachment 23701

All it needed after was a quick shot of breath followed by a wet iso qtip wipe to make it like new...that is why my quartz bangers rarely get used. :thumbsup:
Ditto
Been there done that

Last edited:
My ti version is much cheaper and worth every cent over any banger when it comes to keeping it clean, I recommend the cheap bangers for people starting out that may not dab 20 to 30 times a day where having enough inserts for that gets expensive fast. I like my ruby insert and my quartz bangers and inserts, they are just too much work for me.
Also, I have broken a few bangers and they eventually char(lazy flame cleaning)...the SiC Halo will probably outlast me.:twocents:

My ti version is much cheaper and worth every cent over any banger when it comes to keeping it clean, I recommend the cheap bangers for people starting out that may not dab 20 to 30 times a day where having enough inserts for that gets expensive fast. I like my ruby insert and my quartz bangers and inserts, they are just too much work for me.
Also, I have broken a few bangers and they eventually char(lazy flame cleaning)...the SiC Halo will probably outlast me.:twocents:
I do not doubt the D-Nail's "workhorse" capability and it's ability to provide much thicker/denser vapor than a banger, or the speed and ease either... nope. And I def. don't do 20-30 dabs a day... so, I think I'm good for now with my budget all glass vapor path and the taste it provides... and honestly, if I wanted ease, they have killer live resin and ROSIN carts now. Super tasty and extremely potent... nothing could be easier... but they are also more than I want to spend on this endeavor at this juncture. I'm sure I'll get a D-Nail someday and I'll be kicking myself for not doing it sooner... that's nothing new!

Last edited:
Yes, yes and agreed
Have all the things and stuff (no ruby insert) but the halo sic is in use and the rest sits or has been gifted long term
It tastes great is smooth and is the ease of use and clean etc that makes it the constant
If I do want the quartz experience I use the quartz halo dish from DHgate that fits the dnail and is almost as simple to maintain, but the sic is the constant 98% of the time

I have a few different carts I buy from DHgate or AliExpress and fill with my feco to use on a modbox for out and about

I still dab the feco on the halo sic with better results if at home
Better flavour, hit and most effective with least amount of oil

I love the look of the all sic version but am happy with the Ti nail and sic dish
Best overall utensil for dabbing I own

After thermal shock breaking my Halo, I went with its bigger brother the Nimbus. The main difference is the walls are higher and it is now mirror finished, shiny,
1651292439155.jpg

So far it seems great, pretty similar to the Halo just a bit easier to q-tip clean and no balls flying off into the distance when I tilt the cap too far when clearing the rig.
I also grabbed a flat lug nut retainer so I can give some channel caps a 'spin'.
Dnail also chucked in some nice S/S ball tweezers which will be handy as those wire claw grab type jobs rust out pretty quickly.

After thermal shock breaking my Halo, I went with its bigger brother the Nimbus. The main difference is the walls are higher and it is now mirror finished, shiny,
View attachment 36434
So far it seems great, pretty similar to the Halo just a bit easier to q-tip clean and no balls flying off into the distance when I tilt the cap too far when clearing the rig.
I also grabbed a flat lug nut retainer so I can give some channel caps a 'spin'.
Dnail also chucked in some nice S/S ball tweezers which will be handy as those wire claw grab type jobs rust out pretty quickly.
I think the higher walls may help with less waste/reclaim too
Especially noticeable with feco, the OG halo I noticed the drop down I used collects a fair bit
I reckon the higher walls may vapourise a bit more maybe before going down the nail
Nice and shiny looking
Nice to know for my Vas envy that it isn't too much different from mine though lol

Seriously
You two need to do a YouTube channel and set up a patreon account
Just posting the text from your exchanges would get 10k views
Also bring some attention to the horrible shipping rates you folks have to endure down in Oz

After my latest experience I was thinking of trying to build my own device
I would definitely watch a video of the two of you doing what you do
Stoner thoughts

You two need to do a YouTube channel and set up a patreon account
Sounds like good fun... right up until we get sent to gaol (jail).
I had forgotten how frugal the Halo/Nimbus setup is...might get an extra day between presses.
Gone but not forgotten:cry:,

Sounds like good fun... right up until we get sent to gaol (jail).
I had forgotten how frugal the Halo/Nimbus setup is...might get an extra day between presses.
Gone but not forgotten:cry:,

Yea unfortunately I think we would get knocks at the door still if we had YouTube' channels here
Although I've wondered if I could now I have a script
I remember there was a guy from here who was medical doing videos with Troy a while back but he disappeared pretty quick and I don't know why
It would certainly bring you unwanted attention I reckon if you started to get enough viewers

Otherwise I think it would be fun to sesh over the net with @LesPlenty and if people wanted to donate to it all the better

One day we might get laws that allow us to be more free with it all
It's come a fair way in the last couple of years
I have only been getting medical for 6 months
Tbh I didn't really think I'd ever get it in my lifetime - well I thought maybe by the time I was my dad's age
So there's hope

I've just been modding
Fun to tinker
Happy stoner things with quality weed (healthier too being cleaner)
You guys are so lucky for choice
I'm loving having access to a few choices and it's limited

I trailed off a bit.....I think my modding testing has started to kick in

A quick video to show how a little dab goes a long way in the Nimbus, 480f/250c surface temp,

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back