Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape D nail Halo and Nimbus

A glass pencil type is what I was looking at myself for QB

But yes for the halo the fork is great

I think it was your reviews on cap and fork I had previously read

The forked stem does get hot. So you can unscrew it and use a q tip as a handle. Or like I do, use a small piece of silicone tubing to cover the bottom part of the stem. I think it's 1/4 in ID tubing. Either way it might save a burn. I tend to have longer sessions and it does get hot eventually. It helps to have a silicone pad or glass to sit a hot carb cap on. I've had mine roll off a pad and melt plastic all over it, lol.

As you probably remember I like low temp dabbing of rosin I squeeze. Some of the fresher rosin that's still full of terps I vape at 485F and go up as the hits fade. Terpy rosin at high temps can be rough, but if you find the right starting point it's heavenly. So do move those temps around. As the rosin ages my starting temps go up to just over 500F, and I might finish at 550.

And for me I like a larger pipe for dabbing. I switch between a couple 16 inches tall and a 14 inch pipe. I use long low pressure pulls and the bigger can seems to help. But like the temps I use, it's just a personal preference, my point is to experiment.

Edit just wanted to add I use in line carbs from thick ass glass. I don't really move the carb cap much, because I clear the pipe with the carb. I have it between the nail and the drop down or between the pipe and drop down and the pipe with a different height working end. Works like a charm. Happy dabbing

Last edited:
Thanks, @felvapes, just the basics, my order;

Shipping & Handling $50.60
Grand Total $330.60
D-NAIL® SiC HALO™
D-NAIL-HALO-SIC $220.00
Ordered: 1
$220.00
SiC HALO Dish

1 x The SiC HALO™ by D-NAIL® (dish only) $0.00
D-NAIL-SIC-DISHONLY
Retaining Nut Size for US or Euro
220V (Euro) Flat Coils

Select: Dish Only or Complete Nail
Complete Nail with D-NAiL® Slim Series

Heat Sink

1 x D-NAIL® Slim Series: Heat Sink $0.00
D-NAIL-SLIM-HEATSINK
Height Lock x2

2 x D-NAIL® Slim Series: Height Lock $0.00
D-NAIL-SLIM-LOCK
Slim Series Base Selection

1 x D-NAIL® Slim Series: 14/18M 10F Base $0.00
D-NAIL-SLIM-1418M
Save $10 with a heater (optional)

1 x 220V D-NAIL® Flat Coil Heater $99.44
D-HEATER-FLAT-220V
Titanium Universal Carb Cap with Forked Dabber Handle
D-NAIL-TUCC-D-DABBER-FORKED $60.00
$60.00
Universal Carb Cap

1 x D-NAIL® Universal Titanium Carb Cap $0.00
D-CARBCAP-UNI-V2-NOHANDLE
Include Dabber Handle
D-NAIL® Forked Dabber Handle

FREE D-NAIL® Boro Comet (single)

1 x D-NAIL® Boro Comet $0.00
D-NAIL-Comet-Borosilicate-single

So that should see me right for now...I hope.:biggrin:
Edit; I see I got a free boro comet too

Ah I see

I got a halo seconds dish... No idea what the blemish is
So that was cheaper for me

And I use the flat coil that came with my auber rdk for 99$

So that saved me

You should be set up fine now mate :)
Can't wait to hear how you like it
Certainly easier to keep clean

I now use the ti pencil or glass pencil as the dab tool but love the carbcap from dnail with my halo sic

I don't think I can bring myself to spend on a quartz halo, but would love to try one

I noticed the boro comet too.... What is that?

borosilicate is glass with boron, scientific glass is usually boro, it handles heat stress/shock better than normal glass. I got a few terp balls with each of my QB's and they spin well but I found I was taking too big a draw just to watch them spin in the bubbles of...bubble.:thumbsup:
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Thanks, @felvapes, just the basics, my order;

Shipping & Handling $50.60
Grand Total $330.60
D-NAIL® SiC HALO™
D-NAIL-HALO-SIC $220.00
$220.00
SiC HALO Dish

1 x The SiC HALO™ by D-NAIL® (dish only) $0.00
D-NAIL-SIC-DISHONLY
Retaining Nut Size for US or Euro
220V (Euro) Flat Coils

Select: Dish Only or Complete Nail
Complete Nail with D-NAiL® Slim Series

Heat Sink

1 x D-NAIL® Slim Series: Heat Sink $0.00
D-NAIL-SLIM-HEATSINK
Height Lock x2

2 x D-NAIL® Slim Series: Height Lock $0.00
D-NAIL-SLIM-LOCK
Slim Series Base Selection

1 x D-NAIL® Slim Series: 14/18M 10F Base $0.00
D-NAIL-SLIM-1418M
Save $10 with a heater (optional)

1 x 220V D-NAIL® Flat Coil Heater $99.44
D-HEATER-FLAT-220V
Titanium Universal Carb Cap with Forked Dabber Handle
D-NAIL-TUCC-D-DABBER-FORKED $60.00
$60.00
Universal Carb Cap

1 x D-NAIL® Universal Titanium Carb Cap $0.00
D-CARBCAP-UNI-V2-NOHANDLE
Include Dabber Handle
D-NAIL® Forked Dabber Handle

FREE D-NAIL® Boro Comet (single)

1 x D-NAIL® Boro Comet $0.00
D-NAIL-Comet-Borosilicate-single

So that should see me right for now...I hope.:biggrin:
Edit; I see I got a free boro comet too

Sux on the shipping, but your going to love your new rig. Better get squeezing, lol.

borosilicate is glass with boron, scientific glass is usually boro, it handles heat stress/shock better than normal glass. I got a few terp balls with each of my QB's and they spin well but I found I was taking too big a draw just to watch them spin in the bubbles of...bubble.:thumbsup:
giphy.gif
I have them with my QB
Also take big draws making them spin ....lol
Why I got the twist cap for the QB, made them spin better

I am aware of borosilicate glass and its use

Just wasn't sure what boro comets were

As I said hadn't thought to use my pearls in the halo but will do now

So my small 710 pearls don't fit my halo
They are just a tiny bit too big to sit in the dish....spewing, was looking forward to trying them in the sic

So comets are smaller than pearls? Bad enough we have to remember the new names, but now ya gotta remember sizes? Wtf?

I only have a sic halo, no quartz bucket. Do you think they're worth it? I have visions of losing them in my grow room where I keep my dab rig.

I guess im old school. Or maybe i entered geezerdom. When I smoked weed I never used cones either, just one element paper and a roller. Didn't have a decent glass water pipe till 5-6 years ago. Eventually caught VAS tho.

Last edited:
So comets are smaller than pearls? Bad enough we have to remember the new names, but now ya gotta remember sizes? Wtf?

I only have a sic halo, no quartz bucket. Do you think they're worth it? I have visions of losing them in my grow room where I keep my dab rig.

I guess im old school. Or maybe i entered geezerdom. When I smoked weed I never used cones either, just one element paper and a roller. Didn't have a decent glass water pipe till 5-6 years ago. Eventually caught VAS tho.
Not sure if they are worth it
I enjoy using them in the QB but don't really know how much better they are or not

I certainly don't know if I'm keen on paying post etc for "comets" for the sic when it works quite well as is

Would like to try them if they had sent me some though

Last edited:
Got my Dnail Sic Halo kit today, not happy, they forgot to send the forked dabber handle but what is worse is I can plug the heater into my PID controller and it reads a false temperature of 150f while cold. As soon as I tell my PID to heat it blows the fuse (lucky it has one). I repaced the fuse and reinstalled my old coil and everything is fine again. Tried the Dnail flat heater and same incorrect temp and the fuse pops as soon as I hit the heat button. The new flat coils says it is 220-240v so that is correct, I don't know what else I can do apart from sending Dnail this same info and ask for help.:disgust:
On a positive note, they sent me 3x Boro Comets and 1x Sic Comet.
Now I need to go and get some more glass tube fuses so I can still use my old Ti DHGate dish.:shakehead:

Got my Dnail Sic Halo kit today, not happy, they forgot to send the forked dabber handle but what is worse is I can plug the heater into my PID controller and it reads a false temperature of 150f while cold. As soon as I tell my PID to heat it blows the fuse (lucky it has one). I repaced the fuse and reinstalled my old coil and everything is fine again. Tried the Dnail flat heater and same incorrect temp and the fuse pops as soon as I hit the heat button. The new flat coils says it is 220-240v so that is correct, I don't know what else I can do apart from sending Dnail this same info and ask for help.:disgust:
On a positive note, they sent me 3x Boro Comets and 1x Sic Comet.
Now I need to go and get some more glass tube fuses so I can still use my old Ti DHGate dish.:shakehead:

There are at least two standards on the plug in configuration. Are they compatable ? Heater and controller have to be the same pin alignment.

It might be a misslabled 120v heater coil. Whatever it is, it sux, but getting dnail involved is your best bet.

You must be bummed, I know you were really looking forward to getting it.

I have sent a couple of messages to Dnail, maybe my DHGate PID has its wiring set to the heater that came with it and that might be different to everybody else.:thumbsup:
We will see what Dnail suggest, at worst I can get one of their PID controllers sent freight free with my owed Forked dabber handle (I hope I can keep mine to use as it is great to use with its temperature rotary knob adjustment or remote control.:smile:

Edit, Dnail PID is US$250, so I might look at a RDK300 if I need another controller.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back