Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape D nail Halo and Nimbus

That sounds about right to me @Shredder, at least with my setup enail+coil combo. I have 580F on the PID and dish temps are around 460-470
20190820_072318[1].jpg
20190820_072352[1].jpg

I've tested it with a few probes and thermometers, always around -110-130F difference depending on where I measure.

So either I'm vaping rosin way low or I'm still not getting a good reading.
I used a solder work holder to place the probe tip right in the middle of the dish and keep it there (not quite touching the center of the channel). You have to leave the probe on for quite a while to get a stable reading.
What type of PID controller are you using, you may be able to adjust the temperature delta as @Baron23 has talked about before...I fink?

That sounds about right to me @Shredder, at least with my setup enail+coil combo. I have 580F on the PID and dish temps are around 460-470View attachment 12259View attachment 12260

I've tested it with a few probes and thermometers, always around -110-130F difference depending on where I measure.

It's hard for me to wrap my head around the notion I'm vaping rosin at 372F. I knew I vape at low temps, but damn!

@LesPlenty I use a controller from thick ass glass. It may be adjustable, but idk how

I used a solder work holder to place the probe tip right in the middle of the dish and keep it there (not quite touching the center of the channel). You have to leave the probe on for quite a while to get a stable reading.
What type of PID controller are you using, you may be able to adjust the temperature delta as @Baron23 has talked about before...I fink?
The Auber RDK-300 has a variable for temp offset but TBH, I never use it. I'm sure the advanced MaxVapor has similar or even more sophisticated features.

To me, displayed set point is just a relative indicator for me with a given banger. E.g. For my Liger, I know I like the temp I get when set point is 545F. For D-nail halo...I seem to have a greater delta so I boost displayed set point by 50F.

I use different bangers on the same controller so it never made sense to me to adjust the offset.

Got one of the new dropdowns today
Links are above not too far (pretty sure it was this thread)

It is straight and decently made
The joint is perfect and airtight

It functions very well

It is a drop, however not as much as it appears in the pics on the gate page

So still a win to me as it IS a drop and it functions really well
It's the only dropdown I have bought that actually lowers the nail/QB
Much nicer and easier to use, it is already my new favourite

I would prefer if it dropped a bit more, but not too much or I think it would be too low for me

Happy with the buy and recommend but still looking for a slightly bigger drop
Definitely the best dropdown I own and functions well too

See how the next one goes when it arrives

20190821_154804.jpg
20190821_154936.jpg
20190821_160702.jpg

I finally received my large washer today, along with a DNail hat pin and 1x quartz and 1x SiC Comet.
Hopefully with the heat moved a bit higher from the joint will stop all my cheap arsed dropdowns from popping!
Gee these Comets are multiplying (no sapphire ones yet)
IMG_20190904_141223.jpg

I received a Quartz Bucket(x2) from a DHGate store to suit Hybrid eNails, I will say they fit just fine on the slim series I have but their outside diameter is smaller than a Halo so the halo carb cap only sits on top, I think I like quartz!
Type B is the one I got, $10 for 2,
1568813424491.png

Speaking of hurting wallets, I am too scared to ask what the new Sapphire SiC setup is but it looks nice, no Ti, SiC nut and WPA,
1574501878722.png

Apparently, Brian at Dnail has sent me the quartz washer/heat shield to help with my dropdown problems.

I got sick of my slim series Dnail wobbling all over the place and had a think how to fix. Some suggested a PTFE as a possible fix but for now, I have used my @710 coils coil clip to anchor the Dnail to my dropdown and so far it is working great,

IMG_20191207_130849.jpg

I had been using my halo sic lately
Today I decided to change it up and break out the failaux quartz dish on the dnail
I drilled the hole and directional flow in the Ti cap for it a bit more too
Ruby pearls spin nicely now with little effort :)

The quartz dish tasted really nice and smooth
I have said this before but it had been a bit between uses and I forgot how tasty and smooth it was :)

Maybe the ruby pearls spinning more freely helps
Such a good option for budget prices

Last edited:
I like the ruby ones much more than the quartz
Great addition to the halo :)

I also was able to turn down my enail to 490°F witch is actually around 420°F. Still got nice rich vapor and quite a few hits. Maybe more hits with pearls?

I've been using 515°F and finishing around 545°F without pearls.

Downsides are they do add to clean up time, and sooner or later I'll loose some, lol.

I also was able to turn down my enail to 490°F witch is actually around 420°F. Still got nice rich vapor and quite a few hits. Maybe more hits with pearls?

I've been using 515°F and finishing around 545°F without pearls.

Downsides are they do add to clean up time, and sooner or later I'll loose some, lol.
I don't find clean up time much different myself
I don't take them out when swabbing the dish
I dab at 500 and finish at about 560-580 these days with pearls
Not sure what that is on the dish itself

I do think I get a more complete extraction with pearls
And a bit smoother with ruby

I have lost a couple at times though lol

I don't find clean up time much different myself
I don't take them out when swabbing the dish
I dab at 500 and finish at about 560-580 these days with pearls
Not sure what that is on the dish itself

I do think I get a more complete extraction with pearls
And a bit smoother with ruby

I have lost a couple at times though lol

Maybe I'm overthinking my cleaning. I've been taking the pearls out with tweezers and cleaning them with a alcohol prep pad.

I find my pearls seem to fly out mostly when swabbing clean, I do the @felvapes routine and once in a while I will ultrasonic clean the lot after a 999f burn(minus heater coil that is).
I am able to have the dish temp around 450f using ruby and SiC balls.(I like to use 2 different sized balls to make separate tram lines around the Halo as they spin)
I want to get a Nimbus setup eventually as the high walls might help contain the balls more. Brian at Dnail says the full SiC unit is still being beta tested and that I should wait a bit longer for the final product (you can purchase beta units). I like that Brian seems to go the extra mile to help a concentrate noob like myself.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back