Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape D nail Halo and Nimbus

Pleased o say my DNail flat coil was undamaged after plugging it into my DHGate PID.
My Auber RDK200v2 PID controller arrived today and works with the Halo just fine!
The controller looks and feels 'Cheap' but not 'Nasty' and is supplied with the shortest power cord I have ever seen, 2ft, US hard wired plug with one of those nasty plug adapters...oh well, it fits just fine for me but others might not be so lucky.

That SiC Comet(terp ball) spins off and out of the Halo dish if you pull the carb cap off too early, mine bounced off my chest onto my black carpet, very hard to find, a black 4.7mm ball on black carpet, I found it by the heat, it had melted its way down about 4mm into the carport.
Ah, that is another dif with the -300....the -300 has a removable mains power cord. Just your basic computer cord/plug that you can get in any length.

I never realized that the -200 has the cord permanently installed and nobody has ever commented, that I have seen, about power cord length issues.

Of course, you need to adapt the plug, right? So, maybe a nice extention cord to deal with length and plug type???

I run anywhere from high 500's to mid 600's or so. As we all know, this is just set point and dab surface temp delta seems to vary quite a bit dependent on design of the e-nail, coil fitment, etc. TBelow are some figures I captured when I first got my D-nail Halo. I now dab at bit lower temps than previously. I used to try to emulate Chase of CCC420 and his 'trates reviews...one and done, right? Now so much anymore and especially with the Halo which just seems like a bit more gentle experience than my Liger or 710coils.com bangers. With the D-nail, any more I'm fine with maybe 3 draws then a mop up.

Pic of Delta's w new flat coil .JPG

P.S. - I also do pre-heat my d-nail carb cap before dabbing. Put it on, temp drops on controller, when it starts to come back up, dab and cap.

Cheers

Last edited:
I preheat my cap and pearl. I dont leave my enail on though so the carb cap handle never gets too hot during my 5 minute sessions. Everything is heated enough to not promote any condensation of oils and allow steam cleaning with wet qtips afterwards. Those cold carb caps placed on the dish I feel get more of a buildup on them and need more regular cleaning than a preheated cap.

maybe a nice extention cord
I actually got the 200 over the 300 because of the power cord placement (bottom of unit on 200) and the 2ft cable is perfect in length to reach my power cord on the floor. It is just the shortest cable I have ever seen on any appliance.
I miss using my Menovo Controller, auto shut off after an hour and especially the remote control that has a numeric input keypad. I might have to rewire it as I doubt I will use my 20mm Quartz bucket or Ti nail I have for it.
1564241463228.png

I might have to rewire it as I doubt I will use my 20mm Quartz bucket or Ti nail I have for it.

Rewire? I take it that it is NOT the d-nail defacto standard pin outs? If so, its pretty easy to reconfig if you are at all good with a soldering iron...or even just mediocre as you are soldering at the back of the connector and not near any heat sensitive components.

Glad the 200 is working out for you.
:boththumbsup:

NOT the d-nail defacto standard pin outs?
Correct, I have your list of where the wires are meant to be (your earlier post), I was just having a hard time getting to the back of the XLR plug. I can now be a bit more ham-fisted with the Menovo now I have the Auber.
I also managed to get the coil up to 850f by setting the Auber to 950, so it would probably get close to DNails recommended 900f for cleaning.

See how these go on arrival :)

My auber 300 auto shuts off after an hour or something.... I leave it on to do the self cleaning thing sometimes and it turns itself off

Last edited:
I preheat my cap and pearl. I dont leave my enail on though so the carb cap handle never gets too hot during my 5 minute sessions. Everything is heated enough to not promote any condensation of oils and allow steam cleaning with wet qtips afterwards. Those cold carb caps placed on the dish I feel get more of a buildup on them and need more regular cleaning than a preheated cap.

I don't pre heat so in a way it's uptemping. Lazy uptemping, lol.

For cleaning I use a dry q tip then a wet q tip. My only build up is on the sidewalls.

After a month or so I like to take my dish off and disassemble the nail. It can get cemented on with resins after a while. I had to buy another top nut after needing pliers to get mine off. So now I don't wait so long.

Reading that it has ways to fix the discrepancy between the temp on dial and dish temps too ?

Well, it has an offset that can be used, if you like, to compensate for delta between set point and dab surface temp.

I don't use it because that is banger/nail specific and I use a few different ones and the offset would need to be change ever time I change devices.

Well, it has an offset that can be used, if you like, to compensate for delta between set point and dab surface temp.

I don't use it because that is banger/nail specific and I use a few different ones and the offset would need to be change ever time I change devices.
Was thinking that when I read it
I will probably leave it as is for me
The thermometers I have coming will give me a true reading to check what my dish really is and I do like the auto off

It is nice to know you can adjust settings if required though
Cheers

Cleaned my halo and dnail today
Bin a while in between
Iso changed colour quickly

I can't unscrew the bottom anymore, it seems to be fused together
I don't want to damage it by putting pliers on there

It doesn't really matter to me if it stays as one piece as I don't ever use the female joint on the nail anyway

The dish had.side wall gunk, more than I realised but not too bad
It looks shiny new now :)

Iso jar in US cleaner then in the SG/water mix for a second run

The first dab after a good clean and it tasted reaaallly good

Last edited:
Cleaned my halo today and dnail today
Bin a while in between
Iso changed colour quickly

I can't unscrew the bottom anymore, it seems to be fused together
I don't want to damage it by putting pliers on there

It doesn't really matter to me if it stays as one piece as I don't ever use the female joint on the nail anyway

The dish had.side wall gunk, more than I realised but not too bad
It looks shiny new now :)

Iso jar in US cleaner then in the SG/water mix for a second run

The first dab after a good clean and it tasted reaaallly good

I put mine in a glass and filled it with iso to loosen up the parts. Then put the glass on a coffee warmer. It took a good while but it worked.

My two dab mats turned up today
And my dhgate sic terp "comets"
All 8 comets were there
Gave them an iso wash
They look like shiny sic balls (I have sic balls......:disgust::watchout:)
They spin really well, you can hear them take off in there

I have only had one dab but brought the temp down from 640 to 600 for the first test

Really good tasty dab and it was the same time to finish as higher temp without the balls

I will try lower temps again next dab

So far very happy and satisfied with the product from the gate and the function of them :)

Can't wait to try my ruby ones when they arrive

20190805_175405.jpg
20190805_175347.jpg

Looks like 5mm is about as big as we can go in the Halo. Still thinking of getting the kit to have 3 different sizes at once for the 3 different tracks;

Looks like 5mm is about as big as we can go in the Halo. Still thinking of getting the kit to have 3 different sizes at once for the 3 different tracks;
I have no reference with the halo
With my QB Shane sent me 8mm and 6mm pearls
I preferred the 6mm as they moved easier

These sic comets spun fine and ran nicely
Fast spinners can hear them, I can imagine how you had yours fly out opening the cap too quickly
I was tempted to so could see spin but remembered your post...lol

I tried a dab at 550 and it was smooth, but I found a bit wispy at the end with more clean up

600 worked fine though

Will experiment more, I'll give a 500 a go but maybe am good with 600 as it isn't wisping away at end

These are auber temp settings not dish temps
Still awaiting my thermometer

Do the 6mm pearls from Shane fit the Halo? I only had the Comets fly out of my DHGate nail, I always lift and look at the comets in the Halo, lift carb cap as soon as you hear them slow from flat out and you should be right.

Do the 6mm pearls from Shane fit the Halo? I only had the Comets fly out of my DHGate nail, I always lift and look at the comets in the Halo, lift carb cap as soon as you hear them slow from flat out and you should be right.
Ah okay
I thought it was your halo cool

No 6 mm is just too big for the halo so Shane's "boro comets" were not usable
5mm is perfect though

One thing that bothers me is the fit of the height washer that holds the flat coil, the washer/nut seems too small and screws partially into the coil and does not seat properly. I see on the DNail site a picture of the breakdown of the slim line series nail and the picture shows a large diameter nut/washer at the top and a small diameter nut/washer on the bottom yet the listing says 2x height lock nuts, nothing about them being a different size and the 2 I received are both the small diameter. Have I received the wrong part or is this what you get now?
1565951629010.png

20190816_204623.jpg

20190816_204618.jpg

I have a large washer under my coil and a small one above the joint
I can't undo the joint or small washer anymore but don't mind as I am not likely to ever use the female attachment

The large washer is meant to cover the bottom of your coil

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back