Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips Dabbing Temperatures

Do you like high or low temp dabbing?

• I like high temp dabbing.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I like low temp dabbing.

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • I like to dab with a cold start.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I just throw the dab on and hope for the best.

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
So your pid and coil is working a lot better and closer to true

I actually think its more a matter of banger/nail design, material, and coil fitment. For example, with the same 710coils quartz banger, I run my set point temps just a bit higher when I use the axial coil (which can't really be fitted) vs my fitted barrel coil.

Also, D-nail Slim Line design vs Liger banger....very different thermal dissipation characteristics between the two not to even mention flat coil vs well fitted barrel coil.

Just my speculation on the subject.

I actually think its more a matter of banger/nail design, material, and coil fitment. For example, with the same 710coils quartz banger, I run my set point temps just a bit higher when I use the axial coil (which can't really be fitted) vs my fitted barrel coil.

Also, D-nail Slim Line design vs Liger banger....very different thermal dissipation characteristics between the two not to even mention flat coil vs well fitted barrel coil.

You give measurement for a halo sic and dnail
Only difference is auber 300 vs 200
Not sure what coil you have

But your notes on that setup is way bigger difference between true temp and pid than the results @LesPlenty gets

He uses auber 200 and a halo sic dnail with a double dnail coil
His results are a lot more what one would expect as a.difference

This is giving a reading more true to pid number
Not speculation but results

I was stating that it will be interesting to see what my results will be with an auber 300 dnail halo sic but I have a single layer auber flat coil

So I'm keen to see how my setup results are
How different my dish to pid temps are
With my setup

I didn't mean his auber works better than yours (or my 300 for that matter)
But his setup (coil and pid as you quoted me) is working better as in giving a truer reading from PID to thermometer in dish

I'm interested to see my results
I'm keen to see if his double dnail coil has anything to do with it being closer to pid temp

Reading your table I was thinking I was dabbing really low
Reading @LesPlenty post gives me hope I'm vaping closer to what I think I am

It helps us work out differences and similarities so this thread is at all useful

We are giving temps we use
But actual temps differ per setup

Les setup right now is working better than yours in giving a true reading

Not his equipment is working better....

EDIT

This is a screenshot of your table

You are running the same setup here as @LesPlenty is

Except he has auber 200

So yea not sure what you are trying to correct in your last post mate

Screenshot_20190801-013848.png

Last edited:
So yea not sure what you are trying to correct in your last post mate

I'm not trying to correct anything or anybody.

Done.

Done?
I wish you'd chill, or just don't...

I actually think its more a matter of...

Please chill Mr Baron I find you too quick to bite when no one is fishing....

Im in here to share and relax and hopefully not make it uncomfortable for anyone else in here

This is a new thread we should just keep it on track and about people's results/preferences yea?

I shouldn't have mentioned your name but I didn't know how to compare your results with Les results without doing so

Go have a dab buddy, hell, I'll join you and we can all get back here and see what temps we used :)

Please chill Mr Baron I find you too quick to bite when no one is fishing....

This is the second time you have accused me of being aggressive when all of the aggression is coming from you.

My post with my thoughts on typical sources of temp deltas and my last comment were completely neutral and non-personal. If you don't like what I post, put me on ignore.

But like the advise to the physician to heal thy self....take your own advise and "chill out".

This is the second time you have accused me of being aggressive when all of the aggression is coming from you.

My post with my thoughts on typical sources of temp deltas and my last comment were completely neutral and non-personal. If you don't like what I post, put me on ignore.

But like the advise to the physician to heal thy self....take your own advise and "chill out".
I thought you said you were done...

Last time
I said I liked your table and didn't run it down

I simply stated in response to Les that he got truer results than you

I didn't have any problem with your thoughts I liked your comment and that you shared them

I have an issue with your tit for tat shite and taking my comment about Les setup/results out of context

You corrected me by repeating info that didn't apply to what I had said

And I was not and have not been aggressive

You just said done like a hero (but bit again)

Stop your passive aggressive shite and take your advise

Now I risk getting in trouble responding to you so I will ignore any further baiting

And you are fishing

There's a difference

Like debating with my teenage daughter yet you are 66

I am now done

As I said

Let's keep this new thread on topic and not be so sensitive

Good day to you sir

I said good day

Off to have a dab on 640 on my pid auber 300a
When I get my thermometer I will let ppl know what my dish temp is

Last edited:
I think getting the dish temps down around 420F is a good spot for max flavor, I guess you could go lower, I'd just be worried you'd be sitting there vaping wispy vapor forever bonghit My go-to dish temps are like 460F, I always seem to be middle of the road in most everything :smile:

I think getting the dish temps down around 420F is a good spot for max flavor, I guess you could go lower, I'd just be worried you'd be sitting there vaping wispy vapor forever bonghit My go-to dish temps are like 460F, I always seem to be middle of the road in most everything :smile:
I'll.see where my actual dish temp is when my thermometer gets here
ATM I guess I don't really know
But I feel I am in the.middle myself

Hate wispy never ending dabs
Love tasty flavourful dabs that don't burn the good stuff

Can't wait for both my pearls to arrive and to see what dish temps I am actually using

I seriously need to dab more so I have a better understanding of all of this. @felvapes, you are one smart guy to keep this all in your head. You are giving me an education. :weed: :popcorn:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are a kind person @Madri-Gal
I'm just learning along with everyone else and from everyone else
Then relaying my experience
The asylum is the place to be doing time it's full of nutters I don't mind hanging with
I would say that dabbing more can't hurt you :)
You may use less flower but will be rosin happy
Rosin above the clouds

Alright... guys... what we have here is a failure to communicate.
So your pid and coil is working a lot better and closer to true than barons testing showed
Be interesting to see how my 300 goes with a single layer coil

@Baron23 what I believe felvapes was saying here was that it appears that Les is getting temps closer to the PID setting. And looking at your chart; that appears to be the case.

And this may be why Les is getting truer temps. And I think that that was what Baron was clarifying @felvapes . Les' coil may be more fitted than the coil that Baron was using.

Now... what has transpired since then is not acceptable. And reminds me of a story from my husband's childhood. When the boys were growing up his dad would get them boxing gloves every Christmas. When arguments cropped up dad would send them to the basement to 'work it out' with the gloves.

The report button is there for a reason. If you have a problem with a post report it. Please don't respond and call someone out. It creates ill will and causes arguments. And do NOT try to moderate. That's our job. And if you truly cannot read a member's post without responding negatively, put that member on ignore.

If you two feel the need to spar, take it to the basement (pm's) boys.... Further arguing or discussion of this moderator post will only result in a warning point.

Now I'm going to go dab cause that was a bit of a buzz kill.

So I've been playing with my temps lately
Thermometer has not turned up yet, so my temps I give are auber dial only, real temp I'm yet to find out

I tried various temps between 500 and 650
I really do enjoy the taste 500-520
It is also very smooth at these temps
But, it is wispy as and you never finish the dab which is annoying
Also the dish takes more qtips to clean out
I feel I am wasting much rosin at these temps

I worked my way up to 640 and it slowly wisps less and clean up is better at each increment
But, I still found that anywhere under about 630/640 it just wisps and is more to clean up
I think I am wasting some of my dab at lower temps

I found anything above about 540 starts to hit the throat a bit more and the flavour starts to diminish as you go up
At about 580/590 you can feel the more harshness on the throat

Now, how I have managed to get flavour, little to no wisp and not too harsh for the throat for me was uptemping

I set at 510-520, start my dab and put the cap on
I take about 2-3 draws till it is starting to drag on as opposed to produce thickness and full flavour
Then I set at 630-640
I let it sit while I clean my dab tool (I iso qtip it clean after each dab)
Then as it hits about 560-600 on the dial I start drawing again and usually get another big thick cloud
I draw once more maybe and it is usually done as it gets to full temp
As I have had most of the dab at the lower temp it doesn't harsh the throat like having a dab at 640 from the start
Then qtip clean the cap and dish with only a few cotton buds

This method gives me flavourful hits and I also finish the whole dab without waste
But I also don't have the harshness on my throat from the higher end of the dab
It's only a small portion I have hot air/vape
And easy clean up

Best of both worlds and no wisping or much coughing/sore throat

These are only my personal preference and experience
When my thermometer arrives I can check halo dish temps against the auber display

Last edited:
I keep my temps on the low side, my q tip gets dirtier, but I have several ounces of rosin in the freezer, lol.

I have to wonder if vaping rosin at high temps puts plant waxes in our lungs, and if it does, is that going to be a problem?
I read ages ago that above around 750 is combusting and releasing toxins and carcinogens
Under was supposed to be okay
I don't have a link to article, I read it ages ago now

I enjoy the low temp at start, but it just doesn't finish
It becomes a never ending dab slowly becoming less tsty or enjoyable
I much prefer the dab down.low and spend most of my time there
Just want it to end

And I don't care how dirty one qtip gets
Having to use lots of qtips to do the job of 3 is annoying and wasteful and time consuming

How long do you store your rosin in the freezer before you find loss in quality?

I should buy shares in a Q tip factory, thank fuck for 900f!

I'm not a particularly real low temp guy but I'm not a fan of as hot as some others like it. On my V2 Liger I run the Auber at 545F and it works very well.

On my 710coils.com banger with an axial coil, I up it to 575 F and that seems like a pretty good temp for me.

For me, the set point will vary with type of banger, type of coil (e.g. my barrel coil is fitted tight on my 710coils bangers while axials give you heat on teh bottom but no real ability to do much fitting if at all), level of fitment of coil to banger, etc.

I have accidentally done some up temp dabs....don't ask, basic failure to manage auto-shut off haha....and I did like the resulting taste but never felt I was getting particularly good vaporization until the temp rose a good bit to my normal steady state point.

Combustion....now, that's an interesting word with 'trates. So, classic definition of combustion = buring something or more accurately "rapid chemical combination of a substance with oxygen, involving the production of heat and light."

I don't know that we ever actually combust 'trates so much as have pyrolysis = decomposition brought about by high temperatures.

In addition to decomposition, I believe the concern is that at high enough temps we are also generating byproducts of this process like perhaps benzene or other undesirable crap. Not really combusting it but not really what most of us want, either.

I won't repeat my dab temps as I'm sure you've all read them in above posts and since I have not made new changes since the last there's no need to re post them

Dab temp articles from a quick google search below
Not the good article I mentioned above (which was more science based) I read ages ago but still an idea for us

I certainly know when I did the high temp dabs at first I would cough up small black bits like when I used to smoke
Since dropping back to 700 and now even much lower I don't get this occurring at all
I know if I chuck a snag on the Barbie too hot n long and it's gonna turn to charcoal and combust on the hot plate too
Produces smoke and light and everything

Anyone with better article or knowledge on this topic so we aren't just assuming?

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back