Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Dablamp

Vitolo

Vaporist
I did not make a video about this vape yet, due to equipment issues- (I'd rather not make a poor quality one).
SO... I am using Senior Stoner's video as my intro for now.. and will replace it when I get tools sorted out.

I got 2 units for patients and I just worked with one unit to get to know it.
I had gifted a new Puffco Peak to a patient almost 3 years ago.
I have been able to maintain his Peak for a very long time.... as I acquired a number of atomizers, and still have some put back for him.
I'd like to leave all attys with him, but I get afraid that he may misdiagnose a halt in action, and dispose of or lose a still good atomizer.
Right from the start, I like the Dablamp's absence of atomizer.
This is a very convincing argument in the Dablamp's favor.
The Puffco Peak gave a fast thick hit, but at the cost of replaced atomizers, and perhaps smoothness/harshness ratio.
Not intending any comparison here... I spoke about the Peak 3 years ago.
I did feel that I had more control over the vapor with the Dablamp.. less vapor sitting in between hits... and less rush to finish the hits

The Dablamp's induction heating system, once you are tuned in to it, is easy to use.
I had a number of induction Loto Lux units.
I still have one brand new, but as induction goes this takes the cake in heater size and simplicity.

The hits are decidedly more flavorful using Dablamp's creation.
I have yet to witness the large battery's life under fire.
My first hit was a learning hit.
Dense, to the point and mind altering.
I did not wait as long as I might have to try a preheat with that same dab's leftovers, and
ended up learning what a huge hit the heating system can smack me in the face with!
More medicated than usual (just tested a new strain of flower minutes before).. that 2nd hit was a monster!
... but even though I bit off more than I usually chew, it remained tasty to me.
Mastering this session change at first, made me feel like I was having to use a bit of mind control mixed with technology...
as though I was not truly in physical control.
I get it now!
I like the device.
The fragile parts, actually only that bubble concerned me at first.. glass and I have a relationship that is sometimes less than ideal.
The solidity of the unit, in weight, with well balanced low center of gravity create
a balance that provides simple control of the Bubble's safety up there. It's light weight seems to give you some control.
For cleaning, I didn't have the guts to go in while still warm with the q-tip, so I waited and cleaned it with iso and a swab after.
As far as the evolution of E-rigs has gone, this is my favorite to date.
Considering how much I dislike water use and bubblers for a variety of reasons, they've
made a paired water tool that I like using with water inside.
I will watch the battery life, but at 4200 mAh I suspect I will like this also.
I enjoy this tool, and Dablamp now has a big fan!

Last edited:
Christmas miracle, my Dablamp is here!...posted 13th September arrived today...just by the look of the box damage,
1640237121125.jpg
Been charging for about 6 hours?
First charge may take a while?
More to come!

looks like a safe and sealed all glass airpath
Not really as the concentrate cups (SiC or quartz) are heated in a Ti? bucket so the top hat of the Ti bucket holder is exposed to the airpath even if the air is not actually drawn over it due to the long carb cap...see pic,
1641014991080.jpg

1641015459013.jpg

I have been loading my 5 Ispire cups cold start style and find this very hard on me to try many back to back seshes for the name of vaping science and believe I may have boosted my tolerance even more...bloody 'smashing' fun though!

Not really as the concentrate cups (SiC or quartz) are heated in a Ti? bucket so the top hat of the Ti bucket holder is exposed to the airpath even if the air is not actually drawn over it due to the long carb cap...see pic,
View attachment 32645
View attachment 32646
I have been loading my 5 Ispire cups cold start style and find this very hard on me to try many back to back seshes for the name of vaping science and believe I may have boosted my tolerance even more...bloody 'smashing' fun though!
I am a bit confused to your post?

Isn't the daab all glass ?
Your pics are of a different unit yea?
Screenshot_2022-01-01-17-01-54-31_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Last edited:
Yep...pics of the Dablamp not the DAAB...wrong thread.:mental::rofl:
Maybe @momofthegoons can fix it!!

Too much testing mate hahahaa
This device is great fun to experiment with but really does take its toll on my limited mental ability when I push it...I am still soaking the Dablamp supplied quartz bucket in Simple Green, a small accident while watching the new Matrix movie but I had the supplied SiC bucket and a heap of Wand buckets ready to go...that little bubbler works great and is a nice change from flared mouthpieces, a bit like a j-hook. :thumbsup:

I have been using the Dablamp quite a lot since getting it. The controls are simple once you get to use the device.
I am finding that I like to use the session mode (to enter simply swipe the slide switch to the 'On' position and wait for 3 seconds before hitting the push button to activate the IH, if you hit the push button straight after the slide switch it enters 'On-Demand' mode where the IH fires as long as you press the button).

Starting on the green setting (default when turned on) on a cold cup I will start pulling when I see vapor, the green light turns off after heating up but the cup holds heat long enough for 3 or so pulls before it fades.

I then change to the low (blue) mode and do the same again, wait for the session led to go out then have at it for another 3 or so puffs and repeat until the dab is gone (just before the quartz is dry).

I am really liking the bubbler on the unit, it feels like a nice j-hook and just feels nice in the hand and mouth when in use and the visuals of the bubbler are cool when the LEDs are on (when hitting early during heat up for the cold start flavors).
I have also been using the Ispire Wand IH cups in the Dablamp and find them a bit better than the standard setup and I put that down to no exposed metal being heated in the banger and also being a single part makes for quick and easy reloads of multiple cold starts!
The bare metal-enclosed cup I talk of is the is on the left the other 3 are stored ready for use in the Wand bangers,
1639714183388.jpg

And in the background ready to drop in,
1641015459013.jpg

I got an early pre-production unit that has some problems with the glass banger to carb cap fit that does not seal so I will leave any video until my replacement glass arrives. (Bear was straight onto the fix for me)
My new Puffco Peak Pro arrived a day before this so I thought the Dablamp might take a while to get a few dabs through as the PPP is so simple...it has not been the case, this is so much easier to live with as I do not have to worry about charring an $80 atomizer that can never properly be cleaned (I will save it for away from home).
So I could see this unit as being a daily driver as long as you have spare cups (quartz OG or Ispire) of butane for the SiC if you scorch anything.

Last edited:
...I find this device of interest but that bit aboot the Wand cup was a bit confusing and discouraging...

...those are what put me off the Wand...it's not like I don't have the cups...

...the exposed metal does not bother me as I do not seem to be sensitive to it...

...would you explain in more detail what put you off the OG cups...???...

....I have not yet made up mind mine on the battery issue...I would have preferred clunky cable...

...is the battery removable...???...can the device run whilst charging...that is one saving grace @ Wand...

...maybe I should just buy one and tell you all why it suks... (grin)

...they don't seem to be sold out...they are $250 @ Amazon....has the DABB just completely blown it out of the water...???...

Last edited:
...would you explain in more detail what put you off the OG cups...???...
I am not put off, the Daplamp cups ar a little bigger than the Ispire which is good. It is just that there was only 1x quartz cup in the kit (plus 1x SiC) that I scorched and I do not flame clean my quartz as it reduces its lifespan. The SiC is great as I can torch clean all day every day without fear of hurting it so better for scorching heathens.
I like the faster heat transfer of the Ispire cups and that they are a single piece...easier to load/unload especially when hot as I can grab them with my ceramic reverse tweezers more easily when multi-dabbing cold starts.
The SiC cup would also be good for hot start multi dabs.
is the battery removable...???
No, and it uses a proprietary charger which is fine for at-home use but would be a pain when traveling.
The battery is quite large and I can get quite a few sessions on 1x charge. I have not stated how many as there are a lot of variables with my use that are not standard. That said I have used the unit exclusively for a few different days and have only had the warning lights (down to 30%) flash me twice near the end of the night.
You cannot use my unit while it is charging.

Last edited:
Just a quick message to any other owners...DO NOT TRY TO USE WHILE CHARGING...my unit will no longer operate after trying (nothing in the instructions says not to)...waiting to hear from Bear if that is what broke my unit. :cry:

Last edited:
Bear at Dablamp has informed me the instruction book will be updated to warn users not to attempt pass-through charging so a positive came out of the tragedy of killing my unit.
Looks like I might be getting one of the newer units to put through its paces...brave people at Dablamp to send gear down under for testing, apparently, we are hard on gear down here.:smilie-devil:

Got home from camping to find my new Dablamp at the front door...no pass thru charge testing on this one!
Seems similar to the old unit (parts are interchangeable) except the body is now black,
1642741016467.jpg

The new unit also has an opaque quartz bowl instead of the clear that came with my OG...I charred the crap out of it yesterday while trying it out whilst heavily medicated (I thought I had the SiC bowl in that is black and rode the manual fire button way too long.:science:
IH heating is so fast you can go too far quite quickly...stick to session mode when not thinking 'straight'.
The supplied SiC bowl is great for medicating but I find I am using the Ispire cups more as the flavour just seems a bit cleaner by not having the Ti bowl holder exposed to the airpath.
I have managed to activate the over-temperature warning that stops the electronics from getting too hot and am getting a full day of dabbing out of the unit without battery low problems so pass thru is not needed IMO...magnetic charging would have been nice as well as USB-C, the proprietory plug similar to the old Mighty could become a pain.
I am loving the j-hook style mouthpiece and overall ergonomics of the unit, it just fits right while reclined in my chair.

I don't know if I need to get this now I have the daab
I like your review though and look forward to your comparison with the daab when it arrives - mostly to do with flavour I think as the daab is performing really well currently
I also rode the reheat too much when stoned and as you say it can do so quickly with the daab also

Cheers for your info and keen to hear your thoughts between the two once trialled
This did have my eye prior to the daab
Price point is pretty huge difference though especially with discounts on the daab

Will come down to performance and maintenance

I am still using my unit every day. The SiC inserts are just so easy to clean. I have had a few problems with the glass not sitting right and managed to break a banger arm and chip the male joint on the water tool.
This was due to the ceramic ring around the banger that centralizes it in the IH zone being very tight and pressure on the less than perfect fit glass did not like the pressure. :cry:
On the bright side I have spare glass from the first unit but it has the same problem so I removed the ceramic ring and the glass now hovers happily in the IH zone
1649934154650.jpg

I just had a dab that made me see stars and get wobbly knees!
I had smeared a dab all over the floor of the SiC insert while it was still warm from a torch clean. I left it for about an hour before heating it as I got distracted and the coating technique must have helped to vaporize the whole dab at once even though I was on the low setting. This setting is usually fairly mild...nice!
I am waiting on Bear to get back to me about my findings, I suggested a larger opening for the ceramic or even to have it 'floating' in that position.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back