Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Extraction Dabpress Rosin Plates

The heat doesn't give darker rosin
In my experience (and most others I have read) lower temps give blonder slightly lower returns, higher temp gives darker rosin with a greater yield
77c(170f) 3000psi (where do these pubes keep coming from?)
IMG_20190903_132422.jpg

105c (221f) 2750 psi, same type of buds from the same plant(same time too),
IMG_20190810_130219.jpg

Both pucks were reheated on top of my ultrasonic cleaner with a temperature of 45c where the puck sat, this makes it easier to dose.

Yea and it was at a longer time than the 30 second burst I got the see through stuff

It is a mix of all three
You have 3 variables to play with

Time/heat/pressure

Change any one of those and you will get a different result

High temp low time - light rosin low yields
Low temp high time - light rosin low yields

And many other variations Esp when you put different pressure in there

More calculations to the formula than just what temperature you used

You had to quote and read my whole post not half a sentence
I didn't just state that

Last edited:
I only ever change temps, only went to 3000psi to see if I could get a blow out for you.

Wasn't discussing what you normally do but different rosin textures/colours and how they can be achieved in the quoted post

My burst bags are popping at 15-1700
I don't get to 3000 :horse:

Myself and @psychonaut have pressed successfully at 3500 before too so that is doable easily under normal circumstances

I don't get to 3000 :horse:
I realize that, I was just wanting to see how ham-fisted one would have to be to get a blowout, it looks like quite ham-fisted is the word on normal non-faulty bags as I had to pump quite hard to get to 3000psi as compared to 1500-27500 (optimal pressure for 2.5" pucks).

Optimal is what works best for the bud at hand and the heat/time/pressure combination

You have posted saying you went to 3000 in the past too and varied the time a bit

Myself and @psychonaut have done squishes at 3500 as he posted recently
No bursting bags

Like the 2g squish is a good way to test bud before going higher ( yes the science will say different pressure but the results you get from a 2g no bag not pucked is replicatable at 10g pucked with a bag)

Anyway.....
Always 3 variables and each one of those will change the results

And different combinations can give the same or similar results too

Hopefully we can all share our P/T/H settings and results and keep on track

Look forward to trying my other bags and getting back to blowout free presses

Just repressed yesterday's low temp puck at 221f and got another .37g, I have a friend picking up a bong and banger I got for him, I will gift the .37g with them.
It still dabs OK, just not as nice tasting and dirties up the nail quicker...I am sure my friend will love it as he also gets my reclaim (from my WS at 11.4v and Arizer Air low temp stems)

Last edited:
Just repressed yesterday's low temp puck at 221f and got another 3.7g, I have a friend picking up a bong and banger I got for him, I will gift the 3.7g with them.
It still dabs OK, just not as nice tasting and dirties up the nail quicker...I am sure my friend will love it as he also gets my reclaim (from my WS at 11.4v and Arizer Air low temp stems)
3.7g from 10g puck? Repressed?
After getting 16% already?
How much did you get all up?
Is this bud?

Amazing yields.....

Haha, thanks for pointing out I put the decimal point in the wrong spot, fixed 1.96g all up. (sounds familiar)

Just finished a 10g nug run and USD small buds from the bottom of my latest in use 2ltr jar(jarred June 2019), all small to medium lower part of plant stuff.
I did not bother de stemming as they were small buds anyway and pressed the puck at 75C(167f) for 30 seconds under 2500psi(gauge) for a return of 1.7g. I raised the temps to 100c(212f) for 45 seconds under 2750psi(gauge) for a further 0.54g for a total of 2.24g or 22.4%, so I finally broke the 20% mark with the crappiest looking buds and least amount of prepping due to no de-stemming!
I put this down to all the other bigger juicier buds shedding trichs whenever I grab some herb from the jar over and over until the least little buds come out covered in snow!
IMG_20190906_151141.jpg

These pucks are now on the warmer, surface temp 40c (103f) for however long they take to flatten out for easy dosing and may even change the texture (I hope, shatter consistency sucks, using and collecting if you are slow)

My press station is just about set, just waiting on a few more S/S fittings to come from China to tidy up. (got rubber gloves and tape wrapped around the galvanized threaded rod)
A spare grow yoyo keeps the cables out of the way without stressing anything and a magnifier on the gauge also helps.
IMG_20190906_151839.jpg

Got a salon stool as well which is also handy for zipping around!

A friend dropped off a few ounces of dry crappy looking bush weed that I am going to press, it is in a big mason jar with a Boveda satchel
due to the dryness, should be fine in a day or 2.

Just finished a 10g nug run and USD small buds from the bottom of my latest in use 2ltr jar(jarred June 2019), all small to medium lower part of plant stuff.
I did not bother de stemming as they were small buds anyway and pressed the puck at 75C(167f) for 30 seconds under 2500psi(gauge) for a return of 1.7g. I raised the temps to 100c(212f) for 45 seconds under 2750psi(gauge) for a further 0.54g for a total of 2.24g or 22.4%, so I finally broke the 20% mark with the crappiest looking buds and least amount of prepping due to no de-stemming!
I put this down to all the other bigger juicier buds shedding trichs whenever I grab some herb from the jar over and over until the least little buds come out covered in snow!
View attachment 12838
These pucks are now on the warmer, surface temp 40c (103f) for however long they take to flatten out for easy dosing and may even change the texture (I hope, shatter consistency sucks, using and collecting if you are slow)

My press station is just about set, just waiting on a few more S/S fittings to come from China to tidy up. (got rubber gloves and tape wrapped around the galvanized threaded rod)
A spare grow yoyo keeps the cables out of the way without stressing anything and a magnifier on the gauge also helps.
View attachment 12839
Got a salon stool as well which is also handy for zipping around!

A friend dropped off a few ounces of dry crappy looking bush weed that I am going to press, it is in a big mason jar with a Boveda satchel
due to the dryness, should be fine in a day or 2.

Dude! Your a squeezeologist !!!
Nice set up.

Happy weekend VA!

Our 12-ton heat press machine is almost ready for sale. We had been stress testing this unit for the past couple of months, pictures are finished, just waiting on final packing inserts to finish.

Our 12-ton unit will work with our 10-ton hydraulic hand pump, as both units operate on 10000 PSI equipment, the fluid capacity in our 10-ton hydraulic hand pump is more than enough to power this 12-ton cylinder.

As always, this product is only available in the CN warehouse until we determine popularity then we will stock the warehouses across the world accordingly. Thanks for your patience.

$599 - https://www.dabpress.com/products/12-ton-complete-rosin-press-machine

[IMG]

[IMG]

Additionally our cooling plate is almost ready as well, still waiting for packaging to complete.

$19.99 - https://www.dabpress.com/products/6...for-wax-collection-food-grade-working-surface

[IMG]

[IMG]

Last edited:
Just finished a 10g nug run and USD small buds from the bottom of my latest in use 2ltr jar(jarred June 2019)
Just a correction, the date of harvest was June 2018, not 2019 (15 months old)
Here is the blob after warming for a couple of hours,

IMG_20190907_121526.jpg

That is a bit better, almost a crumble. The high-temperature stuff did not change appearance much but is now 'Pull-N-Snap' so that is good as well!

Last edited:
Finally found a link for a big flat chisel like the one in the Collection Kit:
1568101191252.png

And even bigger,
1568101324458.png

1568101439449.png

The only problem is the shipping cost makes it too expensive for Oz, I will keep looking!

Last edited:
Done some bush weed squishin, 3x 10g pucks of grass clippings returned about 12%, followed by my own 15 month old bud, 185f(85c) for about 90 seconds from placing the puck slowly cranking and heat soaking to a max pressure of 2250psi(gauge) on the 2'5" puck for a 16.2% return. I repressed at 221f(105c) up to 2750psi for a bit more but did not weigh it, 1.62g blob after an hour at 104f(40c) to melt it flat and grain it up, stil a bit snappy but no shatter so all good,
IMG_20190913_215021.jpg

Not quite finger lickin good, hand hash collecting;
IMG_20190913_215138.jpg

The 99.9% Iso in the test tubes is a bit hard on the skin, leaves them dry but clean!

New bags arrived the other day
Cheers @psychonaut

Two squishes in and no bursts :)
Also properly dried bud

Happily squishing clean rosin again
Definitely a difference with the clean rosin

No matter how clean it looks and you pick out the plant matter if the bag bursts (or with the slug no bags) the rosin tastes a bit dirtier and also I cough the tiniest bit of black in the morning, most likely plant matter

Much cleaner and smoother with a non burst bag as I noticed when I first got the dab press

I have also been using a mighty pad in a cap to wipe my dab tool post dab like @LesPlenty suggested
Great idea
I think Iet this first one go a bit long before Vaping it.......chucked in my mighty at 410 from the start and wow, what a sesh....

Nice and tasty vapour decent clouds and a smooth hit
The sesh went for ages though and I'm pretty smashed
Little rosin bomb

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back