Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Extraction Dabpress Rosin Plates

Did a squish today
5.5 mins start to finish with slow heatsoak to start
Only went to 2000 at very end this time
1-1500 most of press
10.5% return oily or soft butter consistency, freezer block to collect

I cut end seam off the bag then cut it in half
I body weight pre-press 7g to get it to fit the vice
Pre-pressed in vice to a nice compact little puck
Put in half bag and then repeated with another 7g
Put 2nd chip into the same half bag and removed the plastic tabs and folded the ends
It made up the thickness of a normal body weight pressed 10g puck and just fit in the plates nicely

Bag burst in a few places this time but didn't crumble any plant matter into the rosin

Nice clean rosin but slightly less yield than last press

Will try same but less pressure next time
If less yield than need more pressure
If same or better will continue to reduce pressure till yields suffer

Vice pressing is useful to get more in
Didn't stop burst this time though

Did a 50g (2x25g puck) press today, pre-pressed in the 40mm bottle tech puck in my 1-ton vice,

IMG_20191218_211742.jpg

Fit easily (3mm spare), could have done 2x28g,

IMG_20191218_212218.jpg

71C (160f) 2000psi(gauge) for 4 min then 4000psi for another 2 min for 3.7g,

IMG_20191218_213309.jpg

Houston, we had a blow-out,

IMG_20191218_213840.jpg

Collecting in this heat makes things slicky and tricky,

IMG_20191218_214346.jpg

A quick dip in the IH and the rosin wipes off the tool easily,

IMG_20191218_214403.jpg

Wipes off easily,

IMG_20191218_214442.jpg

I repressed each puck again separately at 95c (203f) for a further 1.4 g
So total was 5.1g from 50g...I am going back to single 10g loads as it easier and seems to get better/easier results.
Still came out nice for the shitty winter buds from last year,

IMG_20191218_232953.jpg

Last edited:
Wow @LesPlenty I gotta agree with @momofthegoons (as usual) that last pic is very lovely looking, especially for those shitty old buds of yours! :biggrin:
:myday: You should appreciate what you have young man and remember, there are poor stoners on this earth who would just love to have your larfy leftovers! :razz2:

With much thanks to @psychonaut I've been emailing with Claire at Dabpress, she's been great as well and my order will be placed next Monday! It's been a long process, it's taken me most of 2019 to get to the point to "Do for self" as arb would say and actually have need for a press. So 2020's looking brighter as far as pain and symptom management; told my doc that I want to get rid of my buprenorphine patch and the last of the tablets that aren't absolutely necessary.
Plant and Patient Power! :thumbsup:

The finished product from yesterday, see what a difference a bit more temp and psi does,

IMG_20191219_121713.jpg

Chunky piglet spitting out bacon!

I did a couple 28 g squishes recently
7g vice pressed pucks stacked in the bag just fits press

I think I lost a bit in yields doing these instead of smaller loads

I've been doing two 7g vice pressed pucks in one bag as a 14 g puck and getting a bit better results than going larger

I might try the two 7g vice chips in seperate bags on there own press and compare

Still testing different temps and pressure combinations

Finding 1500 not too bad

This pic is the same 14g (7g vice chips X2) pressed 3 times at different temperatures and pressure

Over all about 15% in three squishes
2.1 g made up of

I think the first press was too low temp
It was 85°c at 1500 on pump and is the top lighter/more gold colour
.75 return

2nd press is the bottom one at 95°c and 1500 on the pump
.95 return

3rd press was the one on left and darker/greener and the oilier stuff to collect
100°c at 2500 on the pump
.4 return

I think maybe 90 would be a good start temp next time

20191228_024912.jpg

Just thought I'd drop in and give my dabpress some appreciation
It's still one of my favourite purchases
Such a good machine and still going strong since purchase in 2019 I think it was
I wish they had the bigger size when I ordered although @psychonaut reckons at that time this was a better unit anyway

Love my dabpress dearly and think it is a brilliant unit comparing others on the same quality level and the price charged

Love my dabpress I found that pre pressing pucks doesn't work for me. Hand packing with the handle of a screwdriver best for me. I can pack more than 1 0z or close to it into a 2.5 by 4.5 bag. And results are blonde Scrumptious flower dabs
20211015_131736.jpg

Got an addition for my pre press puck, makes a 15g puck about 10mm(3/8") thick for easy handling,
1657498640451.jpg

I will not use as much weight on the foot lever next time as the puck was hard to get apart...found out this jaw horse can apply 1 ton of pressure, I need about 100kg to make a 15g puck fit between my jaws (I used to just stand on it:chuck:)

Last edited:
I just use my hands and put all my weight on
I was fine to do that with 10g of bud but now I like to squish enough to get me through the week in one squish and that seems to be 15g of herb for about 2.8-3.2g of rosin.
I should break out the old hair straightener and see how it goes drip tech with the jaw horse!
I also found some great bags and managed to get them to change their listing to free shipping (for AU at least),

I was fine to do that with 10g of bud but now I like to squish enough to get me through the week in one squish and that seems to be 15g of herb for about 2.8-3.2g of rosin.
I should break out the old hair straightener and see how it goes drip tech with the jaw horse!
I also found some great bags and managed to get them to change their listing to free shipping (for AU at least),
Yea I found a few cheap links for bags
I got some good ones called green dream off AliExpress that work well

Yes for doing 14 I had to use a vice from memory
Was annoying though in the bench vice so I don't do that size now
The vice/jaws you have there look great for the purpose though
How much was that from Bunnings?

How much was that from Bunnings?
AU$199, I needed something like a vice for grinding and making a mess outside as my w/shop is now my man cave so the vice is not for messy jobs anymore and thought the Jaw Horse would be great for a few different uses (Dabpress pre press moulds was the deciding factor)
green dream off AliExpress
That is the name on the bag packs that I linked, I just ordered another 200x 90u...much cheaper than from Green Dream, especially the 25u that I got for bubble hash squishing.

Got some of these from Ali
Great replacement for the original ones and stronger too
The handle makes it much easier to use and not lose or drop
Atm I just have them over the top of the og magnets on the dabpress
AU $3.94 39%OFF | 1/4/6/12 Pcs Neodymium Magnet Thumbtacks Can Teaching Painting Hanging Item Strong Small Round Magnetic Super Powerful

Absolutely love these magnets I got with the handles
Makes life so much easier and stoner proof when squishing
I just use them on top of the og ones
IMG20221017190702.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back