Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Dabs and Slabs

Met with my caregiver yesterday to stock up for the holidays...

View attachment 6619

This particular strain came in much more 'stable' than the others; EXO. Absolutely delicious. And now that I've been using rosin I can taste the solvents in even the best of the dispensary brands. Solventless is the only way to go imho.
View attachment 6620

Yes I have only ever made solventless rosin
As I have mentioned ages ago I prefer the idea of not using bho in my material if possible

I do use iso or homemade etho in my hash oil, but I purge very well and I reckon they are safer than bho - I mean you can drink ethanol anyway

Bho however is toxic so I prefer as I do my food made in factories to have non processed as possible and same with additives

I also have tried not too long ago some dabs that a fulla had bho extracted - the flavour was not as good as squished - also I could taste the chemical from the solvent in comparison to my home squished stuff.....

It was cleaerer and more yellow than mine...but mine tastes way better and has a nicer stone....

My best stuff comes out looking much like yours in the pics @momofthegoons
keeps all the good smell and taste with no chemical aftertaste

20181221_190658.jpg

What do you pay for a gram over there of fresh rosin ?

Lol... then this will blow your mind....
If I was in Washington state, I know a guy who would sell it to me for $10/gram. His motto is “patients before profit.” And his stuff is equally good. I’ve shown photos of it in the past... might have only been on IG though. Here's some of his handy work... this was about 10 grams.

DROOL.....

Yesterday's Christmas morning dab before cooking..... Gorilla Breath

View attachment 6705
the dab looks nice, but I was really angling for a pic of those Christmas nails! haha

Very chic...will go well with black leather and thigh highs, yeah?

lucy-lawless-picture-id533545654

IMG_20181225_154356.jpg
IMG_20181225_154404.jpg
IMG_20181225_160203.jpg
IMG_20181225_161149.jpg
IMG_20181225_161220.jpg

So I finally gave the hair straightener a run in my 1-ton vice. I turned the straightener on low but it was still getting too hot(noncontact thermometer) so I would turn on for 30 seconds, turn the handle on the vice and wait for 30 seconds, then turn on again for 15 seconds, wait and repeat for about 2 to 2.5 minutes total per bud.
I got a few nice blonde blobs and a fair amount of oil, I have put the papers in the freezer but still cannot collect the oily stuff?:thinker:
The big blobs fixed myself and a friend up nicely on my new enail, it left no trace on the nail after dabbing, my friend said it was the best hash he had ever tried and said it was the closest thing he has had to a trip and he proceeded to veg out for a couple hours while I drank his beer:dog:

View attachment 6754 View attachment 6755 View attachment 6756 View attachment 6757 View attachment 6758
So I finally gave the hair straightener a run in my 1-ton vice. I turned the straightener on low but it was still getting too hot(noncontact thermometer) so I would turn on for 30 seconds, turn the handle on the vice and wait for 30 seconds, then turn on again for 15 seconds, wait and repeat for about 2 to 2.5 minutes total per bud.
I got a few nice blonde blobs and a fair amount of oil, I have put the papers in the freezer but still cannot collect the oily stuff?:thinker:
The big blobs fixed myself and a friend up nicely on my new enail, it left no trace on the nail after dabbing, my friend said it was the best hash he had ever tried and said it was the closest thing he has had to a trip and he proceeded to veg out for a couple hours while I drank his beer:dog:
Hahaha
Told you that you would like the rosin ride mate :)
Those yeilds you have look much like my hair straightener attempts
It is not enough and becomes wanting thus the upgrade to a slug and now wanting a dabpress
But it does start you off on the rosin coaster

Welcome friend and glad you enjoyed your first wave :biggrin::thumbsup:

Freezer should make it collectable....
I do it on an ice block for the extra sticky stuff that is too oily
Practice makes perfect :)

So I managed to collect the rest of the rosin from the parchment paper by leaving them in the freezer overnight and scaped up the oil while the paper was held tight over the lid of my ice cube tray maker;
IMG_20181230_125017.jpg

A little bit of vegetable matter got scraped up too but should be OK.:thumbsup:

So I managed to collect the rest of the rosin from the parchment paper by leaving them in the freezer overnight and scaped up the oil while the paper was held tight over the lid of my ice cube tray maker;
View attachment 6767
Yup the ice block method works well
I put directly on the ice itself in the tray for stubborn stuff....comes off the paper by sticking to other rosin on the dab tool then
Yes a small amount of plant particles will get in this methods but it is minimal and does no harm to your rosin or nails etc or ability to dab it :)
Just sometimes needs an extra qtip wipe if the rosin is too dirty....

View attachment 6767

If I get some veggie matter in the rosin, and it happens cause its hard to avoid, I put it in a smaller micron rosin bag/filter, like 25mc and press at low heat 180F, and light pressure. The bags catch the plant material and the rosin doesn't seem to suffer.

When I was using a hair straightener I wrapped it in a coffee filter and pressed it. Same result, clean rosin.

In my case I try to avoid plant material, but like I said it happens. I generally just set it aside until I'm done collecting, then squeeze one last bag to get the now cleaned up rosin. This is for dabbing of course, if your mixing it with herb anyway, or eating it I wouldn't bother.

Weekend time so recreational meds. Orange Hill Special (Orange Bud x Californian Orange) 3 months cured, flower rosin pressed at ~1000 PSI for 120s @ 200F. The rosin remained sap for about 6 hours @ 58F, then began to turn into this. Tastes like tang juice balanced with skunk. Euphoric, energetic, uplifting to begin, then cradles you into a stone after about 30 minutes.

BiYnE2P.jpg

bHFniyt.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back