Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Dabs and Slabs

Happy trails to you!

GG is one of my strongest rosins. Mine comes out more runny than what yours looks though. Very unusual taste as well. At first I didn't like it, but it grows on you.

I’ve presed GG4 a a couple times and they were definitely runnier than normal. The one I have now tastes of spice, cocoa and dirty feet.

I love your descriptions. Dirty feet. Sometimes I describe a taste that reminds me of the smell from cat piss.

I always describe taco meat frying smells like dirty socks, lol. But I love tacos.
I'm glad you all ( yup, y'all) said something. I have a bunch of GG4, and it just tastes bad at times. Dirty feet, cat piss and taco meat about describes it. It was concerning me, but now I can be happy it's normal. If something tastes off any more, I just can't ignore it. I still can't drink water at home, and I love water. Away from home, no problem, but at home , no go. Knowing GG4 can have a "flavor" helps.

full

~4g shatter from fresh, freeze-dried Peppermint Kush. The previous QWET picked up a touch of chlorophyll even in the first wash. Fresh is much greener than cured. Extra care this time produced a more appealing color.

I notice different colors of rosin, is that because of the strain? Also, why would one type of rosin be more runny than another?
@felvapes when you press the kief, did you use heat, or can you get that by sheer pressure?

If the rosin is pressed from bud the color is related to the age of the buds, in particular the maturity of the oil glands. Young freshly dried buds are ussually more blond in color, but not always. And, yes its related to strains. Lots of factors are related. The heat and pressure are related.

All the kief I've pressed, admititly not a lot, turned out dark. Most of the older well cured buds I've pressed were dark too. But the color or even the texture is not an indication of the quality. That's more related to the terpenes present and the cannabinoid levels and ratios. It's confusing and it seems not entirely consistent from one plant taken at different length of cure.

I think the runny rosin is because of the oil glands as well, but I don't know what causes it. I do know rosin pressed from my gorilla glue buds is almost always runny. It is good strong rosin tho with that unusual GG taste that comes through. But I have had exceptions. Confused yet? Lol

I notice different colors of rosin, is that because of the strain? Also, why would one type of rosin be more runny than another?
@felvapes when you press the kief, did you use heat, or can you get that by sheer pressure?

Yes I find different strains and ages have different colours

But I think the most consistent thing that differs is heat/pressure
More heat produces darker rosin usually, less heat it is a bit lighter

But you can get more out with extra heat

The better cured the better yields
Can affect colour too
Too wet weed and it is less yields and quality
62-69% is the goods, stem snapping dry

Sometimes I like to do a shorter heat press first and then do a 2nd press slightly longer heat to get the rest out

Then I have two qualities of rosin to dab but I also get all the goodness out before the pucks go in a jar waiting to be turned into hash oil

The kief/pollen/grinder powder I use both heat and pressure to get the rosin to ooze out nicely

Pressure alone will not produce the yields desired

Hope this helps
As above it can be confusing without hands on experience

Using the slug vs a dabpress looks slightly different too and I think I will have a slight learning curve when I eventually get a dabpress to relearn how to press effectively

Also bho made extracts are often more yellow or lighter/see through in colour

Rosin pressed naturally is often darker

Also if you see my picture the thinner bits at top are quite golden in colour and see through, this is the colour of the rosin

But when it is clumped together in one glob it becomes darker looking and not so see through
Until you hold it to the light or sun

Then you see the honey colour properly again

Last edited:
We are planning on going to a 420 Cannabis Celebration in Miami, to check out the vendors an to see what they are showing.
They'll have glass blowing and information on lots of stuff. I have never been to an event, and hope I enjoy. It will be nice to
see things in person, and meet the folks in Florida that are fighting the fight. It is put on by Dab Day, and in my goofy logic I
thought there would be some kind of seminar or information on that, but, after looking into- I don't think so. So, although it isn't
anything I am likely to ever use, the information helps me look at the whole picture. It isn't that I wouldn't try it, it's that I don't know
anyone that does it, so I am clueless. I do see that it is very helpful to many, like supersized hits, I guess. Thank you, for helping me
get a better ideal of what the stuff is. I sure hope our Governor changes his mind on his cannabis stand, and has Florida become legal
for all.

We are planning on going to a 420 Cannabis Celebration in Miami, to check out the vendors an to see what they are showing.
They'll have glass blowing and information on lots of stuff. I have never been to an event, and hope I enjoy. It will be nice to
see things in person, and meet the folks in Florida that are fighting the fight. It is put on by Dab Day, and in my goofy logic I
thought there would be some kind of seminar or information on that, but, after looking into- I don't think so. So, although it isn't
anything I am likely to ever use, the information helps me look at the whole picture. It isn't that I wouldn't try it, it's that I don't know
anyone that does it, so I am clueless. I do see that it is very helpful to many, like supersized hits, I guess. Thank you, for helping me
get a better ideal of what the stuff is. I sure hope our Governor changes his mind on his cannabis stand, and has Florida become legal
for all.
Not just big hits, they are long lasting and can be useful for medicating when may not be able to redose around others so easily
Good for pain too
The high is slightly different, but still MJ
I definitely recommend anyone that is able to try.... I only started a year ago and find rosin a great addition to my meds

Not just big hits, they are long lasting and can be useful for medicating when may not be able to redose around others so easily
Good for pain too
The high is slightly different, but still MJ
I definitely recommend anyone that is able to try.... I only started a year ago and find rosin a great addition to my meds
I live in another part of the planet from you?
ROSIN (GDP) not horrible really?

ROSIN help’s me read and obtain?
Many FREE THINKING people on da pale blue dot some call earth educate with CANNABIS!

@Whisper
If you would like to try Rosin then you can get a hair straightener and stand on it
This is how I first started and tried it before quickly realising I needed to upgrade my methods and bought a torch rig and slug
Then realised I needed to upgrade to an enail/coil
Now realising I need a dabpress upgrade....
It is a great way to consume

Anyway point is you can try yourself with little cost
A $10 hair straightener from ebay got me started
I used a VC to consume first time

I now am a regular rosineer

@ataxian I agree, rosin is a wonderful extract
So pure and tasty
Far from horrible :)

@Whisper
If you would like to try Rosin then you can get a hair straightener and stand on it
This is how I first started and tried it before quickly realising I needed to upgrade my methods and bought a torch rig and slug
Then realised I needed to upgrade to an enail/coil
Now realising I need a dabpress upgrade....
It is a great way to consume

Anyway point is you can try yourself with little cost
A $10 hair straightener from ebay got me started
I used a VC to consume first time

I now am a regular rosineer

@ataxian I agree, rosin is a wonderful extract
So pure and tasty
Far from horrible :)
I had a session of GRANDDADDY PURPLE (My late night Medicate stuff available for super cheap medical cannabis product)
It taste decent 2-me?
ROSIN is very effective actually!
My da way it work’s.
One gram is all I have?
Dirt floors in nature is some standard issue 4 some?
ROSIN these daz’s!

Thanks, @felvapes . Sounds a little too intriguing, lol. I did start reading this thread.
I hadn't ever felt the desire to before, but, I figure if I started asking questions, it means I've acquired an interest.

Edit I did want to ask another question to @Shredder or @felvapes , Regarding the age of the bud, the maturity of oil glands- There is no physical eye inspection to tell you this, correct? You must press the bud to see how well she aged and was stored? OK, I promise to keep reading.

Last edited:
Thanks, @felvapes . Sounds a little too intriguing, lol. I did start reading this thread.
I hadn't ever felt the desire to before, but, I figure if I started asking questions, it means I've acquired an interest.

Edit I did want to ask another question to @Shredder or @felvapes , Regarding the age of the bud, the maturity of oil glands- There is no physical eye inspection to tell you this, correct? You must press the bud to see how well she aged and was stored? OK, I promise to keep reading.

If the bud is dry properly and the stem just starts to bend then snaps - it is a good guestimate that it is dry enough
You can buy and store in your jars hygrometers that tell you the humidity in the jar and essentially of your bud
62-69% is the optimum spot if you do not want to eye it
eBay sells these hygrometers very cheaply

The quality of bud will determine your yields too

So you can tell if the bud is dry enough without pressing

But you will need to press to see how well it yields

If it is dry and smokes/vapes well (highish in THC) it will generally press well

As always different strains will squish better than others and testing is required

@Whisper, if you have pets you'll want to keep them out of the room. The fur will get in your rosin. It's easy to get started with a hairstraitener, then it gets more complicated when you decide to refine time, temp, etc. I'd suggest pulling an ice pack from the freezer if your rosin is runny. You can't tell ahead, so I get one out and place my parchment with rosin on it to make it more solid, and easier to scrape up.

@Whisper, if you have pets you'll want to keep them out of the room. The fur will get in your rosin. It's easy to get started with a hairstraitener, then it gets more complicated when you decide to refine time, temp, etc. I'd suggest pulling an ice pack from the freezer if your rosin is runny. You can't tell ahead, so I get one out and place my parchment with rosin on it to make it more solid, and easier to scrape up.
Made me laugh! I've pulled dog hair out of my goodies before, hee hee.

I'm glad you all ( yup, y'all) said something. I have a bunch of GG4, and it just tastes bad at times. Dirty feet, cat piss and taco meat about describes it. It was concerning me, but now I can be happy it's normal. If something tastes off any more, I just can't ignore it. I still can't drink water at home, and I love water. Away from home, no problem, but at home , no go. Knowing GG4 can have a "flavor" helps.
I like a little funk to my herb, but some of these strains can go over the top. Some of the cheese strains can get rough if they don’t have something to balance it out.

Scooped up a quarter of rosin yesterday... Gorilla Glue #4.

View attachment 8283

So there is 7 grams in those 2 jars?

How do you like the jars? I just bought a hundred of the 6ml lipless jars.

We talked about this before, and while I like glass, it's not perfect, but the lipless jars seem better than the screw top jars. I keep trying to get away from silicone containers, and keep going back, lol.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back