Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Dabs and Slabs

So there is 7 grams in those 2 jars?

How do you like the jars? I just bought a hundred of the 6ml lipless jars.

We talked about this before, and while I like glass, it's not perfect, but the lipless jars seem better than the screw top jars. I keep trying to get away from silicone containers, and keep going back, lol.
I thought about glass for rosin
It's the non stick of the silicone and ease of use that seems to have it in use

How do you like the jars?
I haven't tried to take any out of these yet. But... I'm guessing I wont be thrilled. I've had similar jars with gooey concentrate before and there's always some that gets left behind. And glass jars do the same thing, but you can use some ISO to clean them out... All in all I'm with @felvapes in that silicone containers work the best at being non stick. I don't like how they seem to degrade though.

Someone needs to develop the perfect container lol. :science:

So there is 7 grams in those 2 jars?
Yup. Seven grams of gooey Gorilla Glue #4. Terpy and luscious. Excuse me I need to go dab.... :torching:

Maybe use some Everyclear (ethyl) and then put it in some tea, under the tongue, etc......maybe???

Remember, it's not decarbed. If you regularly purge EtOH after QWET, it's fine to just add this wash to the EtOH before your next QWET. :thumbsup:

You could heat the jars to 250F, then, after cooling, rinse with EtOH and use as directed. Straight ethanol under the tongue is likely harmless (pizza burn), but it burns like hell.

The jars I bought are boro just like our pipes, and I read can be dropped into a bigger quartz bucket to finish, or just warmed up and poured out.

I keep reading bad things about silicone containers, and I tried dab jars with screw on lids. The threads get all gunked up, and it's hard to get it all out.

If these don't work out, I still have a few hundred silicone containers left, lol.

I was cleaning out my freezer the other day and came across this jar of 'Forum Cookies' Cake Badder that I had gotten from a dispensary a long time ago. I've been using rosin exclusively since I changed caregivers in an attempt to go solventless.

I must say I sort of miss, if nothing else, the consistency of concentrates like this. So much easier to deal with than rosin in a pen type atomizer. Rosin is a real bitch to get in them unless it's super stable.

Anyway... enjoying the change of pace a bit lol.

IMG_5527.JPG

mmm...caramel toffee...:razz:

2.2 g of kief/pollen/grinder powder squished into .9 of yummy smelling rosin
More shatterry this time with a bit buddered up
Then 2 g of the new nice bud I've had squished into .3 of mice smelling gooey rosin

20190429_034611.jpg
20190428_221734.jpg
20190429_034618.jpg
20190428_221619.jpg

Skunk #1 auto broad leaf pheno flower rosin (mids), 4wks cured buds, 60% RH, pressed for 90 seconds @ 2min, 11% yield, wax consistancy from the beginning. When I open this jar this little 0.3gr stinks up the room.

View attachment 10133

Ok, do you mean 90 seconds and 200°F? I thought so, lol.

Gotta love the terps in rosin! I store mine in sealed mylar bags, in a freezer. But when I retrieve something, my better half complains about the smell instantly, lol.

BTW, my last 3 sessions I pressed at 290 for 2 minutes, and had good yeilds, and nice stinky rosin. 2/3 were only a couple weeks old. But one was 6 months old.

I also mixed nice 6 month old buds with fresh popcorn buds about 50/50. They came out a dark blonde, and really nice.

Last edited:
Ok, do you mean 90 seconds and 200°F? I thought so, lol.

Got love the terps in rosin! I store mine in sealed mylar bags, in a freezer. But when I retrieve something, my better half complains about the smell instantly, lol.

BTW, my last 3 sessions I pressed at 290 for 2 minutes, and had good yeilds, and nice stinky rosin. 2/3 we're only a couple weeks old. But one was 6 months old.

I also mixed nice 6 month old buds with fresh popcorn buds about 50/50. They came out a dark blonde, and really nice.

:biggrin: I am so high. I should elaborate on that! I pressed for 2 mins, 30 seconds were slowly compressing and preheating, then 90 seconds under heavy pressure. This rosin is surprisingly potent, I'm 75 mins in and just recently settled into it.

Very nice, 290F? Geez I guess there's a lot more experimenting for me to do. Do you find that the fresher dried material needs higher temps to get them to juice? I am not a fan of insta-buddering while on the plates.

I wish I still had some of my old buds to mix in, I have a good bit that I wont press for another couple weeks at least, everything I have now is new. That reminds me I need to make a timecapsule of buds to store away and forget about for a bit ;)

:biggrin: I am so high. I should elaborate on that! I pressed for 2 mins, 30 seconds were slowly compressing and preheating, then 90 seconds under heavy pressure. This rosin is surprisingly potent, I'm 75 mins in and just recently settled into it.

Very nice, 290F? Geez I guess there's a lot more experimenting for me to do. Do you find that the fresher dried material needs higher temps to get them to juice? I am not a fan of insta-buddering while on the plates.

I wish I still had some of my old buds to mix in, I have a good bit that I wont press for another couple weeks at least, everything I have now is new. That reminds me I need to make a timecapsule of buds to store away and forget about for a bit ;)

I like lower temps on fresh buds. And if it's runny rosin I'll lower the temps again. When i say fresh, i mean its dry enough to jar. 2-3 weeks? I ussually press older more mature buds at 200F. This was the first time I mixed young and old. Both were Colombian gold.

And it did butter, not on the plates though. Im not sure ive ever seen it butter on the plates. Is there a reason you don't you like that? If mine doesn't butter I try to keep mixing it on a silicone mat until it does. It's easier to handle IMHO. Most of my older buds don't butter and are darker

The last time I pressed 9 lb hammer I pressed at 185F and it came out almost clear, not just a light smear either, it was thick and clear. By the time I was done collecting though it turned a light blond, and then fully buttered and eventually becoming a cake batter, lol. I wish I'd thought to take some pics.

Last edited:
Incredible Bulk bubble hash, pull and snap consistency,
IMG_20190711_203411.jpg

:smoke:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back