Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Dabs and Slabs

Incredible Bulk bubble hash, pull and snap consistency,
View attachment 10674
:smoke:
Mine has not come out like that
Unless some form of heat or pressure it is more of a powder form like this for me once I have chopped and dried

tumblr_oza2ddHpH51rpzxouo1_400.jpg

Mine has not come out like that
Unless some form of heat or pressure
No heat or pressure other than the old rolling pin, no chopping as it would not work, just stayed all gooey! I found another way to dry my bubble (airtight container with gun safe desiccant dehumidifiers seemed to do the trick):thumbsup:

Hey all,

My local dispensary now sells oils and waxes. I have lots of different types of vaporizers but I have no idea what the best way might be for a beginner to get started with say, a wax. Wondering if some of you "veteran waxers" might make a few recommendations on how I should get started i. e, what type of vaporizer should I use?

TIA!

Hey all,

My local dispensary now sells oils and waxes. I have lots of different types of vaporizers but I have no idea what the best way might be for a beginner to get started with say, a wax. Wondering if some of you "veteran waxers" might make a few recommendations on how I should get started i. e, what type of vaporizer should I use?

TIA!

Wax and rosin are pretty close. Rosin probably has more terpenes, in most cases.

IMO a nail is the best way to use them. So you need a water pipe.

And you need to decide on a torch rig, or enail.
And what each dish is made from. And how much you want to spend. It can be cheap or expensive. Your choice.

For a portable a lot of herb vapes will also do concentrates. And there are a few concentrate portables. Divine tribe, and saionara are two.

Edit. Mom has a whole concentrate vape section you'll probably find helpful.

Last edited:
Hey all,

TIA!

Yes as above a nail would be my advice
Or a QB

Depends on your wallet

If can afford I would go a dnail and halo dish plus an auber or other controller for the coil

I am still looking myself for the portable I want for concentrates but have heard good things about that Sai

Dv handles trates well

EDIT
I was in your situation at first when starting out with wax/rosin
I tried in my dv and loved it
Then needed better and went QB and torch
Then I went QB and coil from 710

Eventually I got the halo sic and auber coil

I was trialling and trying to spend less but wish I had just gone the halo first

While a QB is tasty and works well, the halo is in use 90% of the time as it is ease of use and less cleaning

So I spent a lot more to end up with the most expensive anyway....

All above work well
But if you end up loving trates you may end up on the same path as I and could save money by spending more first round

I believe this was explained to me as well but I went the long route....

Last edited:
My caregiver has collabed with a local extractionist Zombie Lab. Apparently they've won a couple cups at High Times. Anyway... the result is a Gorilla Glue #4/BioSurge crumble that is fabulous... clean on the banger... no cough.... pure yum.
View attachment 11328
That's the way to start the day!
Oh, wait. Does it put you to sleep? Any time I get near GG#4, I fall asleep in a puddle of my own drool. Good stuff.

Topdeck chocolate;
IMG_20190804_194418.jpg

Quite nice mixed together, 525f on Dnail Halo.

IMG_20190809_180713.jpg

From this blob;
IMG_20190810_130219.jpg

I just squeezed off as much rosin into the puck then placed the puck on top of my ultrasonic cleaner that was working at 60 degrees C, makes it a lot easier to grab a dab!

IMG_20190825_132138560_HDR.jpg

12.5 grams of super silver haze rosin. Pressed from 3.5 month old buds. Somewhere just shy of 20% return.

It's stiff like Taffy, not quite pull and snap. More like pull and stretch forever. But still fairly stiff.

The same buds pressed early made yellowish rosin. This is a dark Amber.

The saionara looks on greedily :torching:

IMG_20190903_132422.jpg

This old bud still tastes great, pressed at 170f it is just so smoothe to dab, the grainy consistency as makes it easy to handle and dose,
IMG_20190903_162057.jpg

An added bonus to the better flavor is the cleanliness of it on my Halo, the picture was taken after 6 of so dabs with no swabbing between dabs!
The Mighty liquid pad is being used to wipe any excess from my dab tool, it is getting gooey.

I just had a flip switch during my nightly session. At some point in the last few months, I’ve come to prefer dabs over flower. Since forever flower has been my first and best love, but now with rosin and the leap in quality in portable dab devices, dabs have become more flavorful, tastier, and more fun.

I just had a flip switch during my nightly session. At some point in the last few months, I’ve come to prefer dabs over flower. Since forever flower has been my first and best love, but now with rosin and the leap in quality in portable dab devices, dabs have become more flavorful, tastier, and more fun.
I'm in the same boat. I rarely use flower these days... and if I do it's just a few VapCaps full after dabbing. Or to maintain the buzz. Dabbing is just so much more efficient.

Sift is about as low as I go now a days but oils/wax are just so much easier to deal with in most cases. I am almost down to 2 setups to complete my medicating the portable has been the difficult one to match with the rig =/ I do like my sift bowls before bed in the flowerpot, but like ya'll the concentrates are my choice too! Ever notice how much nastier the rigs get when using flower compared to oil? The water in the flower bong goes from clear to yellow in less than a day, while my rig can have clear water the whole time between cleanings!

The water in the flower bong goes from clear to yellow in less than a day
A couple of drops of lemon juice will fix this (so does changing the water).
I find flower a lot easier to work with, except when I use my terp pen.
IMG_20190919_150212.jpg

Yesterday's midweek squish to keep up with portable and hybrid quartz dish testing...low temp, low time and low-pressure goodness from 15-month-old bud!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back