Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Dabs and Slabs

Thoroughly enjoy QWET. Inexpensive and relatively safe. Probably get a better yield with a less polar solvent, but it would be more difficult to work with safely. Might try it in small volume for cleaning up second QWET runs.

Also generally love the end result. Hard, glassy shatter that can be rolled and cut at body temp. Last year's plant, Peppermint Kush harvested too early after discovering mold, is buddering when exposed to air.
Thoroughly enjoy QWET. Inexpensive and relatively safe. Probably get a better yield with a less polar solvent, but it would be more difficult to work with safely. Might try it in small volume for cleaning up second QWET runs.

Also generally love the end result. Hard, glassy shatter that can be rolled and cut at body temp. Last year's plant, Peppermint Kush harvested too early after discovering mold, is buddering when exposed to air.
What is QWET?

What is QWET?
Quick Wash EThanol. Basically, wash the flower in ethanol for three minutes, keeping everything as cold as possible (chest freezer). Then, evaporate the ethanol. You can even reclaim the ethanol to use again, if you want.

The problem is that if you leave the ethanol on long enough to dissolve all of the cannabinoids, you get more polar contaminants, including chlorophyll. So, generally do two runs with only the first (~75%) being dabable. There's a 10g block in the freezer of pooled second runs from the big plant two years ago. Almost dabable, working on cleaning it up.

I was thinking about a press to make ROSIN?
Buying it lately?
Made SHATTER vacuumed that was decent however once I tried ROSIN I was hooked?
My wife does not give me a hard time with habit of ROSIN!

Tried pressing rosin half-heartedly - didn't want to buy a proper press with QWET working so well. Maybe one day. Also like rolling and cutting shatter to produce measured doses.
Maybe I’m off topic: You ever rolled a fatty with COCAINE and HONEY OIL back in the daze? (Thai Bomb OILER or MAXFLIGHT)
ROSIN rip’s of PINEAPPLE EXPRESS = READING MOTIVATION MEDICINE

RMM

My MOD is set at: 5 watt’s and about 8.1 on the medicated, loaded, high, stoned like C & C max, coma, frazzled, buzzed?

Last edited:
Nah - did a "snowball" once. Major panic attack. :shakehead:

My nephew from AUSTRALIA stayed with me some year’s ago.
We thought my culture was expensive?
He has a partner (FRENCH GIRL like my wife?)
Life is kind of weird at the moment?
ROSIN 2 da emergency!
Be safe, stay safe & be CIVILIZED!
Forgot what I was going to say?
Oh yeah, I remember!
SOUTH PARK is a show I watch!
My young gun nephew turned me on to it.

Last edited:
The Royalty sauce is very nice and easy to mop up with rayon after being slopped about by the postal system.
Screenshot_20200418_182532.jpg
IMG_20200415_144156.jpg

Nearly 13% return on 10g buds squished at 75C (167f) at 2000psi (gauge) on the 10t press,

IMG_20200429_171757.jpg

Dabbing it at 440f surface temp on my Dnail SiC Halo is dangerous as it is so smooth one can partake in quite large quantities without irritation...sweet!

Last edited:
Our dispensary has been out of rosin a long while and we have been looking into the possibility to make our own. Just wondering, and looking at different extraction. It sounds like our group here suggests a press over any of the other choices. We are far from that point but, as we know necessity makes us think- I have been doing my best to leave the pills behind and I feel so much better. It makes me want to cry, the frustration is so ..FRUSTRATING. Oh well, it will get better, it will get better, it will get better.:peace::nod:

our group here suggests a press over any of the other choices
You can make some nice rosin with a hair straightener but if you already know you like rosin a press is a great investment.

Good afternoon, good evening and good night,

IMG_20200502_174942.jpg

Usually in that order!

Our dispensary has been out of rosin a long while and we have been looking into the possibility to make our own. Just wondering, and looking at different extraction. It sounds like our group here suggests a press over any of the other choices. We are far from that point but, as we know necessity makes us think- I have been doing my best to leave the pills behind and I feel so much better. It makes me want to cry, the frustration is so ..FRUSTRATING. Oh well, it will get better, it will get better, it will get better.:peace::nod:
It's kind of fun to do the hairstraitener press the first few times. I'd encourage you to try it. It's thrilling to be able to make rosin, and it is nice to be able to do so if you can't get it any other way. You also get a good idea of what you might need to make it easier and more regularly. Clamps? More weed? A ten ton press? Anyway, if you have a hair iron, parchment paper and herb, you might want to try it out.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back