Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Dabs and Slabs

If you do larger or multiple pucks at once you need the higher pressure. A single 40mm puck for me uses 2500psi, 2x 40mm puck uses 5000psi to get the same weight bearing down on the puck.

You might get surprised as you will have more plant material for the same weight of flower that is still moist as we do not collect the water out of the buds when we press...you don't know until your press!

My concern is the age and how much the flower from various sources has been handled
At the half ounce to ounce purchase I make the flower has been handled a bit
I get that the dry herb has more plant material than fresh of the same weight due to the moisture content
And that we are going after oil and not water
Just curious if the dry herb loses a lot of trichomes when the plant material dries out and starts to crumble
Over thinking it I guess

...some strains seem to produce much higher yields than others for no easily discernible reason...

Several strains
I think afghan varieties
Someone mentioned hash plant

My concern is the age and how much the flower from various sources has been handled
At the half ounce to ounce purchase I make the flower has been handled a bit
I get that the dry herb has more plant material than fresh of the same weight due to the moisture content
And that we are going after oil and not water
Just curious if the dry herb loses a lot of trichomes when the plant material dries out and starts to crumble
Over thinking it I guess

Several strains
I think afghan varieties
Someone mentioned hash plant
It's true, the more handled and moved and bumped etc a bud is the more it loses trichs
But in another sense I think it isn't overly an issue as all weed is handled and thrown around in bags before we get it and put it in our glass or other containers
Drier weed helps yields too
62% humidity seems the sweet spot
62-69% is the range to squish

Yea I've found different weed always gives different yields
Bubba Kush gives me up to 24/25% return on a 20% thc bud
GSC gives me 19%

BK is from an Afghan strain and has hashy qualities

Many other strains I've had at 20% give 18-19% return usually

Last edited:
It's true, the more handled and moved and bumped etc a bud is the more it loses trichs
But in another sense I think it isn't overly an issue as all weed is handled and thrown around in bags before we get it and put it in our glass or other containers
Drier weed helps yields too
62% humidity seems the sweet spot
62-69% is the range to squish

Yea I've found different weed always gives different yields
Bubba Kush gives me up to 24/25% return on a 20% thc bud
GSC gives me 19%

BK is from an Afghan strain and has hashy qualities

Many other strains I've had at 20% give 18-19% return usually

Kush all over the place
Think its popular with the dispensary for its yields
IMG_20220109_220233.jpg

Starmints and LA Cakeface are the only rosin without kush in the name but if I Google them I bet they are Afghani in origin
Very tasty
Then there is flash frozen

What temp were you running there @felvapes? I have been sacrificing yield for quality on my first run...70c,
1643098764385.jpg
I am getting about 9 or 10% return with the first squish with an extra 6 or 7% when re-pressed at 95c with the same pressure(crappy crop). This lower temp rosin is nice and easy to clean up in my Peak Pro and quartz cups.

What temp were you running there @felvapes? I have been sacrificing yield for quality on my first run...70c,
View attachment 33483 I am getting about 9 or 10% return with the first squish with an extra 6 or 7% when re-pressed at 95c with the same pressure(crappy crop). This lower temp rosin is nice and easy to clean up in my Peak Pro and quartz cups.
I sometimes do a double squish the same to get low temp stuff

This one was at 81c at just under 2000 on the gauge
Clean rosin

Bubba Kush makes pretty oily rosin

80c(176f), 2500pri on a 40mm 10g puck for 5 mins total including heat soak with slowly adding pressure, 13% return (I thought I could taste lemonade when dabbed in the DAAB at 465f!),
1643365330020.jpg

repressed for a further 0.6g at 100c(212f) same pressure and time(no pic)

25% thc Kush X GSC 70/30 indica/sativa
Nice high from the bud a nice euphoric lift with the Kush hashy calm
Can fully taste the gsc and the Kush mixed plus the two highs they give
So good getting to test strains and then the cross of them and feel the effects of each and flavours and be able to identify them like ingredients in food as a chef

Here is the rosin from this X strain
4g squished into 1.08g of goodness
82° C at 2000 on the gauge
27% return !! What a yield !!
The flavours are amazing as is the hit
Daabed right up atm

IMG20220131211227.jpg
IMG20220131211235.jpg
IMG20220131213404.jpg

@felvapes how do you transfer your rosin from the paper to the silicon puck in such a nice clean blob?

@felvapes how do you transfer your rosin from the paper to the silicon puck in such a nice clean blob?
I roll it onto the end of the Ti dab pencil I have
Then with another dab tool I have with a silicone end slipped on I scrape it down to the tip of the pencil going round carefully till it is right at the end/tip

Then I just pop it off with the silicone end into the container

If it is particularly oily or runny rosin I put the dab pencil in the freezer before scraping it down and off into the container

Bubba Kush 20% thc
4g squished into .8g of rosin
20% return I dropped temp to 80°c this time and lost a bit of yields
That 1 or 2 degrees makes a reasonable difference

IMG20220207211246.jpg
IMG20220207215335.jpg

Kush X Cookies 25% thc
4g squished into 1g of rosin
25% yield
Again that one degree drop in temp lost a little in returns
IMG20220207213450.jpg

IMG20220207215401.jpg

Here is the Ti dab tool/pencil I collect the rosin with @LesPlenty I roll it into the end
IMG20220207214345.jpg

I then use the silicone tipped dab tool scrape the rosin down to the end
That's a 1 gram dab there hahaa
IMG20220207214549.jpg

I then use the same silicone tipped tool to scrape it right down to the very tip going round the pencil
Then I just pop it off into the silicone container/cup
IMG20220207214652.jpg

Blob in the Puffco Peak Pro with a 4mm and 6mm ruby,
1644816825131.jpg

I still have not cleaned the atty apart from q-tipping...nearly 500 dabs on the counter but that would be more like puffs IMO

25um bubble hash 1st run pressed at 70c through a 25um bag,
1645442934144.jpg

10g of bubble gave me 7.39g of whatever it is called...bubble rosin? The taste is different from bud rosin for sure, quite overpowering and quite potent. I might press some 73um bubble next time. This stuff is very sappy at room temperature so I keep in the ARB fridge now I have room after all that bubble hashing, this was about halfway through my drying process,not 100% sure but I think I may have mixed up the lids on the 25um stuff,
1641437212071.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back