Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Dabs and Slabs

I tend to do a bit of impulse buying when I go to a dispensary. This was one of those impulse purchases... Blueberry Baller. Not something I'd usually buy since it's a Sativa. But for daytime... it's a nice energetic buzz.
IMG_8706.JPG
IMG_8711.jpg

I tend to do a bit of impulse buying when I go to a dispensary. This was one of those impulse purchases... Blueberry Baller. Not something I'd usually buy since it's a Sativa. But for daytime... it's a nice energetic buzz.
View attachment 34368View attachment 34369

Just out of comparison curiosity... how much does something like that cost for you guys ??

My first attempt at filling a cart...an Airis Quaser with a VE10 thick oil cart. I wamed up the bubble hash I pressed and filled with a syringe, next time I will use some type of twist-lock syringe as the one I used kept popping off and made quite a mess that I am still getting dabs off my silicon pad I worked on...the pad was a great idea.
1648358584100.jpg

This thing tastes great and will take quite a while to get through plus I have another full cart waiting (they hold up to 1ml/gm)
The VE10 carts are about $2ea when you buy a 6 pack (last time I checked) so great value.

Just out of comparison curiosity... how much does something like that cost for you guys
My first attempt at filling a cart...an Airis Quaser with a VE10 thick oil cart. I wamed up the bubble hash I pressed and filled with a syringe, next time I will use some type of twist-lock syringe as the one I used kept popping off and made quite a mess that I am still getting dabs off my silicon pad I worked on...the pad was a great idea.
View attachment 34802
This thing tastes great and will take quite a while to get through plus I have another full cart waiting (they hold up to 1ml/gm)
The VE10 carts are about $2ea when you buy a 6 pack (last time I checked) so great value.
$20/gram near da beach?
Usually GDP or whatever is growing locally!
I mix OIL with COLAS de marijuana like in da 70’s of da last century.
SWEET JANE (Lou Reed) on da radio 2-B CIVIL when it’s 40C
Why is it not rainfall ?
CALIFORNIA is a dessert with sprinkler’s?

3.5g in a 3ml container, 85c rosin from 20g of Incredible Bulk, came out just marbelous,
1648549713244.jpg

Buds were finished curing in July, nice and easy to collect.

50/50
25% OG Kush X GSC/20% Bubba Kush
85°c at just under 2000 on the gauge
20% return

This stuff looks and tastes lovely
Amazing mixing these two together in one squish
The rosin has actual sparkles throughout the whole thing
Reminds of the old spacey marbles or metallic fleck paint on cars
I think the sparkles are trichomes, they look like it in real life
Never seen rosin like it

Yummy and hits beautiful

IMG20220404213342.jpg
IMG20220405223214.jpg
IMG20220404215003.jpg
IMG20220404215032.jpg

This is the first time I've seen this offered locally. Full spectrum hash oil . I've never tried it, I think it drops soon. I'm very curious if anyone has tried it ?
I have not... but boy oh boy does that look tasty. If I see anything like that coming this way I'm definitely going to want to check it out. Wonder what the price point is going to be. My bet is pricey.

I have not... but boy oh boy does that look tasty. If I see anything like that coming this way I'm definitely going to want to check it out. Wonder what the price point is going to be. My bet is pricey.
Just a guess it's over $50 a gram, most rosin, and bubble hash rosin runs $65 and higher per gram . That's Arizona pricing ( I'm told were a little below average on pricing ) . I am stashing some extra $$$ for when it drops :thumbsup: .

Surfs up, pressed at a bit higher temp...95c/203f just over 18% yield on some average looking buds,
1649910969920.jpg

1651381791231.jpg

Left is my normal rosin pretty warm press at 95c, on the right is made from the first outdoor plant I grew (looked like a 2-foot weed with crappy buds) and I never worried too much about my normal burping/curing regime. As a result, the buds were at 60-61% humidity instead of my normal 62-63 but returned almost 23% compared to around 18% when pressed...must be the humidity...it still dabs nice with a quite different flavor, maybe spicier?

Do you think rosin is better?
Or just different?
So many new concentrates coming out, some making their way here via the post too
I wonder about the processing on some

I know rosin is clean at least I spose lol
For me it's better because it's solventless. While it's fun having different 'flavors' to choose from, and different types (wax, shatter, etc), I don't like the thought of what kind of residue there might be from the various solvents they extract with. I notice there's usually an 'oily' film that remains after my dabs (prior to q-tip). I don't see that with rosin.

Plus... I seem to cough more when I use solvent based concentrates. Not during the dabbing.. that's the same lol. But afterwards during the day or night. Since I mainly dab I think it's a healthier option to use rosin. The dispos just don't carry it though. And if they do? It's ridiculously expensive; $100/gram vs the $32 I pay from my caregiver for the best rosin I've ever had.

Yup... I think a call is in order.

For me it's better because it's solventless. While it's fun having different 'flavors' to choose from, and different types (wax, shatter, etc), I don't like the thought of what kind of residue there might be from the various solvents they extract with. I notice there's usually an 'oily' film that remains after my dabs (prior to q-tip). I don't see that with rosin.

Plus... I seem to cough more when I use solvent based concentrates. Not during the dabbing.. that's the same lol. But afterwards during the day or night. Since I mainly dab I think it's a healthier option to use rosin. The dispos just don't carry it though. And if they do? It's ridiculously expensive; $100/gram vs the $32 I pay from my caregiver for the best rosin I've ever had.

Yup... I think a call is in order.
You have confirmed in almost every point what I thought to be the case

I have tried wax (bho) once and felt the same as you compared to my rosin

I just don't have as much access as you
I see the many forms of trates and wonder about some of the processes used and solvents used

I know I use solvent making my feco but I make it and know that I purge it properly
I also know that I use my own ethanol when I can which is safe to consume anyway - or at worst I use iso and purge extra time to be sure

After learning more and practic, plus winterising I don't get any issues with my feco

I prefer solventless in all other instances though

I appreciate your feedback, this makes me have less want to try other things and be happy with my home made rosin

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back