Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape DC Elev8R - E-Elev8R by Disorderly Conduction and 7th Floor

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Sponsor
I guess it's about time this baby gets its own thread. There are several versions of the Elev8R by 7th Floor. We will be discussing the coil driven (desktop) Elev8R in this tread. If you are looking for the torch driven (portable), that thread is here.

So first things first. Vape Critic (now retired again) was the first to wrap a 16mm coil around an Elev8R heater and get it to work. This was years ago when the Elev8R first came out. He gets full credit for the idea. As an enthusiast, I set one up myself and liked it a lot. Since then I have become a retailer, improved the design and worked with manufactures to streamline install and parts for the kits.

Here is a picture of the most popular kit.
Screenshot_20210527-170541_Shopify_750x.jpg

Basically you take an Elev8R Rig Kit and you are adding a PID controller, 16mm coil (stretched to wrap the heater), some ruby or boro beads to fill the heater (this has ruby) and a safety stand to hold it when not in use. I linked all the parts separately for you DIY guys and gals. This video should help with heater install and will also include some other tips.

All we are doing here is taking the coil and wrapping it around the heater. No more fooling with tongs and a hot heater to stir. The coil now is affixed to the heater. Fill that heater up with some boro or ruby to add some mass and you have yourself a mostly glass ripper on your hands! It can keep up in the vapor production department with the best of them and boy is it tasty!

The differences in Glass v. Ruby, PID Controller types and Stand options are discussed in the listing description so won't go into all that here but we all know what's important if you are looking for a heavy and here it is.....

VGoodiEZ is the first to offer these kits and individual parts for the coil driven Elev8R but since then 7th Floor has put together their own kit along with a Greenlight PID Controller and Coil. It's funny cuz when I told 7th floor they should start selling the DC Elev8R (yes my idea even tho Steve resisted lol), I didn't think they were going to go out and source parts straight from China and undercut me. :hmm: Anyway there are some differences in the kit, such as as smaller coil so less wraps/coverage of the heater and most importantly they don't include and boro/ruby so less mass. The heater is also loosely installed (unless you tighten it yourself) so it's not quite the same machine. It's still tasty as all get out but it's just not going to be able to deliver those lung busting rips and you may need to let the heater recover between draws for best results. Disorderly Conduction parts are sourced from China but assembled/quality tested in California.

Like with any other heavy out there, these toys are not for everyone. The coil is exposed so you need to take care while using and while it sits idle. Pets (cats especially) should be kept away.

For those worried about hot boro/ruby being held in by screens, hopefully this video is reassuring.

Again, common sense goes a long way. I made this video to help discredit some of the shade being thrown out there about the DCE by one of the biggest "reviewers" in the game. It's safe as any other hot ass piece of equipment, just check your screens and use caution while handling. You may want to consider the waterpipe you use as well. Some may feel better with dropdown to keep the coil/heater a bit further from your face.

We will also be bringing in some coil handles made by @iDRINKBLEACH. Hope to have them in the next few weeks and boy they are beautiful!
20210517_152421.jpg

Holler with questions. I have quite the collection and love this enough to have one set up at each of my vape stations, so that should tell you something. :smile: Appreciate all the support for those who have already jumped on the train! Most everyone agrees this is unit provides the best bang for your buck!

Last edited:
Thank you for the plug. I actually just got an DCE to play with and have been liking it more and more my other enail driven device is titanium and I think I’ve started developing a Ti allergy *I guess it’s more common than I thought* and it’s started making my throat and lungs a bit more itchy than should be, so I borrowed an DCE to check out glass instead of Ti. I’m really digging it so far.

Thank you for the plug. I actually just got an DCE to play with and have been liking it more and more my other enail driven device is titanium and I think I’ve started developing a Ti allergy *I guess it’s more common than I thought* and it’s started making my throat and lungs a bit more itchy than should be, so I borrowed an DCE to check out glass instead of Ti. I’m really digging it so far.
I have a severe reaction through titanium myself.
What surprised me most about these units was how tiny the whole thing is.
That disorderly pid is tiny and the elev8r is pinky tip tiny.
Super lightweight setup and relatively low cost.

I guess it's about time this baby gets its own thread. There are several versions of the Elev8R by 7th Floor. We will be discussing the coil driven (desktop) Elev8R in this tread. If you are looking for the torch driven (portable), that thread is here.

So first things first. Vape Critic (now retired again) was the first to wrap a 16mm coil around an Elev8R heater and get it to work. This was years ago when the Elev8R first came out. He gets full credit for the idea. As an enthusiast, I set one up myself and liked it a lot. Since then I have become a retailer, improved the design and worked with manufactures to streamline install and parts for the kits.

Here is a picture of the most popular kit.
View attachment 27780

Basically you take an Elev8R Rig Kit and you are adding a PID controller, 16mm coil (stretched to wrap the heater), some ruby or boro beads to fill the heater (this has ruby) and a safety stand to hold it when not in use. I linked all the parts separately for you DIY guys and gals. This video should help with heater install and will also include some other tips.

All we are doing here is taking the coil and wrapping it around the heater. No more fooling with tongs and a hot heater to stir. The coil now is affixed to the heater. Fill that heater up with some boro or ruby to add some mass and you have yourself a mostly glass ripper on your hands! It can keep up in the vapor production department with the best of them and boy is it tasty!

The differences in Glass v. Ruby, PID Controller types and Stand options are discussed in the listing description so won't go into all that here but we all know what's important if you are looking for a heavy and here it is.....

VGoodiEZ is the first to offer these kits and individual parts for the coil driven Elev8R but since then 7th Floor has put together their own kit along with a Greenlight PID Controller and Coil. It's funny cuz when I told 7th floor they should start selling the DC Elev8R (yes my idea even tho Steve resisted lol), I didn't think they were going to go out and source parts straight from China and undercut me. :hmm: Anyway there are some differences in the kit, such as as smaller coil so less wraps/coverage of the heater and most importantly they don't include and boro/ruby so less mass. The heater is also loosely installed (unless you tighten it yourself) so it's not quite the same machine. It's still tasty as all get out but it's just not going to be able to deliver those lung busting rips and you may need to let the heater recover between draws for best results. Disorderly Conduction parts are sourced from China but assembled/quality tested in California.

Like with any other heavy out there, these toys are not for everyone. The coil is exposed so you need to take care while using and while it sits idle. Pets (cats especially) should be kept away.

For those worried about hot boro/ruby being held in by screens, hopefully this video is reassuring.

Again, common sense goes a long way. I made this video to help discredit some of the shade being thrown out there about the DCE by one of the biggest "reviewers" in the game. It's safe as any other hot ass piece of equipment, just check your screens and use caution while handling. You may want to consider the waterpipe you use as well. Some may feel better with dropdown to keep the coil/heater a bit further from your face.

We will also be bringing in some coil handles made by @iDRINKBLEACH. Hope to have them in the next few weeks and boy they are beautiful!
View attachment 27781

Holler with questions. I have quite the collection and love this enough to have one set up at each of my vape stations, so that should tell you something. :smile: Appreciate all the support for those who have already jumped on the train! Most everyone agrees this is unit provides the best bang for your buck!

Just starting to research coil set ups
If you could just give me two quick starting points
Your opinion on best surface to set up on (I have access to cheap/free tile, reasonable slate and sometimes polished granite surface from broken countertops)
Also tons of marble and granite squares and rounds from furniture. Silicone mats for easy clean up
First piece of equipment I should research?

My approach is a silicone mat and a flower pot. Sorry about the crappy photo, it was taken with my crappy phone.
sFNYX9W.jpg

That's a great pic
I have mastered the slight blur so you can't read any labels or print
If you could tell me what the stand your electronic heater is on (still rough on the terminology)
What kind of coils you use
Describe the water pipe set up
Oh, bring about world peace and end hunger
Thank you

The stand is made out of 1" PVC parts, left over from a garden project, the silicone bands add a little traction to the stand, so it doesn't slide around. The coil that came with the kit I got from ELEV8 about the only changes from stock is that I use a couple of brass pipe screens as shims to improve heat transfer from the coil and I added titanium balls. The water pipe is a Magic Flight Orbiter with a 6" piece of whip as a stem, the red rings are just eye candy. For the most part, the setup works for lowish temperature sessions (390-430) cooking .1g size loads. I suspect when I start upping the load size, I will change out the Orbiter.

...I would have been all over that before the Vapbong came into my little world...

...my home built DC Elev8r is pretty shaky compared to that rig...it was my daily driver untill the Vapbong arrived in April...

...haven't used it since, although I take a glass Elev8r and small bubbler on the road sometymes...

...I was a bit miffed when they introduced the pre made DC Elev8rs right after I cobbled one up...LoL...

...there are aspects of the Elev8r that I miss as well as those I do not, but the Vapbong is just too easy...

...that total extraction is hard to beat...the Vapbog come pretty close though with much lees danger...

Last edited:
About to pull the trigger on a coil set up
Can you vape flower and concentrates (separately or together) with the same set up or do you need a different set up
Just want clarification from everyday users

Does anyone know if this will work,
DC Elev8r.JPG

with this?
dbp.JPG

I have a dabpress with that controller box , so it would save me over 100 to just get the DC kit. Thanks guys!

Edit: disregard my question , on vgoodiez is says to email him. Ill post my findings.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back