Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories DDave Mods for Arizer Desktop Vaporizers

ddave

Accessory Maker
Vapor Asylum Members and NewComers

Wanted to take a minute to thank you for reading on. The first post in this thread, I've decided to briefly introduce myself, explain what the goal of a DDave Mod Kit is, and announce the arrival of the latest pieces which I've added to the kits I make available on www.DDaveMods.com. There's also a Spoiler button below so you can see the very first announcement of the DDave Mod Kits. Remember, the kits have grown and matured since the original announcement... but that announcement has a lot of valuable information within.

First off, who am I?
A vaper, just like many of you. Using MMJ for both medical and recreational purposes. And most importantly, always wondering how things can be made better!

What is the goal of a DDave Mod Kit for a specific vaporizer?
To improve one or more of the facets of your vaporizing sessions.
* Performance - to make your vaporizer capable of more powerful extractions (think clouds)
* Economy - To extract efficiently and completely. Many claim greater effects from less herbs. (I am one who has experienced this)
* Variety - Looking for performance one day, slow flavor sipping the next. Some kits give 4 or more vape signatures to your one vaporizer. Like owning 4 different vapes!
* Ease of use - Sometimes you sit back and think, this could be easier to use, or simpler to load herb or clean. (I think that way as well)

And finally, what is V3?
In simplest explanatory form, V3 is the removal of the need for metal basket screens. Don't sweat those baskets though... V3 kits come with all the pieces from the latest V2 kits, plus the new V3 pieces.

In complex form, this mod changes many of the parameters that exist within the oven section of the combined pieces. It more than doubles the possible hot air paths through your herb. It improves extractions and boosts Flavor!

The Concentraton Chamber of V3 is made by combining the 14mm Basketless Stem with the Glass Filter basket. Then a keck clip holds the two pieces together. Great for vaping dry herb (medium to course grind). Great for vaping concentrates on your choice of cotton, hemp fiber, or a bed of herbs.

Many prototypes were created and tested in a effort to get the best extractions...

V3 Picture Gallery and Write Up

For latest Kits and announcements, plus a lot of other info, visit www.DDaveMods.com.

Introduction:
A few have noticed that I recently received Accessory Maker status here at FC. Have watched many try to obtain pieces of the DDave mod or other accessories for their Arizer Desktop Vapes. Have also seen some receive incorrect parts. Frustrating? So, I decided to put together a kit of all the most common parts and offer them on eBay. Will list 10 kits at a time and when those are gone, will list 10 more as soon as possible.

Opening this thread, so as not to clog the Arizer EQ or VTower Thread and to allow a place to discuss the DDave Mods.... and improvements (always open to kit changes or mods to the mod).

What is the DDave Mod?
A 18mm-18mm F/F adapter that replaces the stock Cyclone Bowl. Complete with its own 18mm wand. Brings your herbs closer to the heater of the Arizer tower vapes and has a more open air path than the original adapter. Note, the DDave Adapter included in this kit is not the original DDave Adapter, it's shorter yet, bringing your herbs even closer to the heating element. Note: The pieces of the mod are custom. They do not work with wands or elbow screens from the DDave Mod V1.

What is the DDave Mini Mod?
A 14mm-18mm F/F adapter that replaces the stock Cyclone Bowl. Complete with its own 14mm wand. With this configuration, the Arizer towers can efficiently extract from much smaller quantities of herbs... Single hit extractions are very possible. Note: The pieces of the mod are custom. Since there was no DDave Mini Mod V1, no changes to note.

What's different in the latest Mod revision?
The latest revision of the mod changes the wand and method of extraction. The wands included in the kit do not accommodate the center screen. This was defeating the purpose of bringing the herbs as close to the heater as possible. Now, there are two methods of use. Power Mode and Standard. In power mode, the wand is packed in the same fashion as the famous "elbow pack". In standard mode, load your herbs into the F/F adapter, then insert the wand.

So what's in the DDave Mod Kit?
(Glad you asked.)

The kit includes:
  • The Original DDave Adapter - 18mm to 18mm F/F that holds a screen + 2 ss screens.
  • An 18mm Clear Borosilicate glass wand + 3 tip basket SS screens
  • The DDave Mini Adapter - 14mm to 18mm F/F adapter that holds a screen + 2 ss screens.
  • An 14mm Clear Borosilicate glass wand + 3 tip basket SS screens
  • A test tube clamp - the perfect holder for a hot adapter!
  • Two Silicone Whip Tubes - 2.5 feet long each
For a limited time, kit also includes:
  • Free Wood block adapter holder - untreated, holds hot adapters & wands
  • Two additional Tall DDave Adapters - both 18mm & 14mm. (Tall, comparable to OEM Cyclone Bowl, for lighter sessions).
So that's 2 DDave Short adapters, 2 DDave Tall adapters, 2 wands, 12 stainless steel screens, test tube clamp, wooden holder (limited time), and 2 silicone whip tubes!

And where can I find this kit?
The kit will be listed on my website. Latest link will appear in my signature.

Will make best effort to watch for postings to this thread and answer all questions/concerns in a timely manner. Feel free to post here regarding the mods. Also, my PM is always open.

Pictures?
See www.ddavemods.com link for latest pictures of the kit.

Welcome to the thread...and Vape On!

So let the games begin!

Last edited:
I have a v3 on the way.....
I have most of the previous kit parts, including spares of everything....
You can't have too much glass....

@ataxian are you getting the v3???

Many thanks @ddave ......
That's gotta be the quickest delivery yet....
And iv had some quick ones...

I'm very excitied it looks amazing and I have many ideas about how I'm gonna use it....

But unfortunately I'm waiting in for the plumber to service the boiler, and the boiler room is in the vaperoom.....

So id better hold off....

I'll report back later once I'm up and running..
I did just make some bho for this occasion...

Many thanks @ddave ......
That's gotta be the quickest delivery yet....
And iv had some quick ones...

I'm very excitied it looks amazing and I have many ideas about how I'm gonna use it....

But unfortunately I'm waiting in for the plumber to service the boiler, and the boiler room is in the vaperoom.....

So id better hold off....

I'll report back later once I'm up and running..
I did just make some bho for this occasion...
@Kellya86
Wow! That is fast shipping!

Enjoy and let me know how your creativity plays out! :rockon:

There are so many options available....

So far iv only had time to have a small dabble...

But iv been really impressed....
Using the concentrate pod with herb is amazing..... I was stripping off seemingly endless flavour from a tiny amount...
Iv been so used to the hungry evo and solo lately, I forgot what can be achieved with next to nothing....
So yeah I really enjoyed that tasty sipping session...

Next up I put a small amount into the adapter and used the other new part...
This gave massive clouds, it completely took me by surprise, I don't remember my eq making vapor that dense before....

First impressions are very good, looking forward to playing with concentrate and water...

There are so many options available....

So far iv only had time to have a small dabble...

But iv been really impressed....
Using the concentrate pod with herb is amazing..... I was stripping off seemingly endless flavour from a tiny amount...
Iv been so used to the hungry evo and solo lately, I forgot what can be achieved with next to nothing....
So yeah I really enjoyed that tasty sipping session...

Next up I put a small amount into the adapter and used the other new part...
This gave massive clouds, it completely took me by surprise, I don't remember my eq making vapor that dense before....

First impressions are very good, looking forward to playing with concentrate and water...
Awesome results! Keep experimenting, I've tried all sorts of configurations/mixes/temps with very much success!

It's a fun piece! Enjoy!

YR_hjUH1.jpeg

Hello to everyone..from the stone doctor ...a was wondering if anyone could tell me where to buy the ddave mod for arizer extreme q ..the only problem is i live in scotland ..but am more than happy to pay for the postage and packing..

Hello to everyone..from the stone doctor ...a was wondering if anyone could tell me where to buy the ddave mod for arizer extreme q ..the only problem is i live in scotland ..but am more than happy to pay for the postage and packing..
Hi Friend, I have a web site now where I offer kits and pieces... www.DDaveMods.com .
At present, there are quite a few kits showing out of stock. Occasionally, I run into an opportunity to improve the kits and this is happening presently. My glass supplier introduced me to a master glass blower who uses techniques from long ago. Samples were sent and I was taken aback at how each piece I was looking at outshined mine. So I'm having my cyclone bowl replacements made in this fashion and await their delivery. I won't have an estimated time of arrival for a few days, but feel free to check in on the website. There is a Contact DDave link at the top that you can use to send me an email directly.

No issue shipping to Scotland. Many successful shipments already.

Thanks,
DDave

Hi there @The stone doctor and welcome to the asylum. :smile:

You can try shooting @ddave a private message here. He stops by occasionally and would see it then. He also has a website.

Thanks Mom! Life is super busy, but I try to respond to every tag as soon as possible.

Well Met Friends,

A time of greatness is upon us! DDave has traveled the 4 lands in search
of The Glass Sage. The one who effortlessly bends the will of glass to make
pieces of which the quality has not yet entered this realm.

Due to this, the old glass makers have been exiled... Their power (of
quality control) being no match for the Sage! Their old creations
discarded in favor of these newer, more powerful pieces!

What does this mean for The Order of the Seekers of the Mod?
Their Power of Extraction greater.
Extraction profiles per each target temp more precise.
Glass able to withstand greater stresses.
Extraction Incantations produce even more powerful results.

But have comfort in the knowledge that your sacred seal has been added to
the Mage's Registry. You will be auto-magically notified once these
powerful objects have been received. Expected completion is 7 cycles of
the moon. If by some mystery of the lands these pieces are materialized sooner,
the Mage's Registry will notify with the speed of a Wizard's Wish.

Should you have further ponderings, do not hesitate to call them into the
wind. DDave works at the intersection between lands, and the wind must
pass his way on its endless journey.

Travel well friends,
DDave

Last edited:
Well Met Friends,

A time of greatness is upon us! DDave has traveled the 4 lands in search
of The Glass Sage. The one who effortlessly bends the will of glass to make
pieces of which the quality has not yet entered this realm.

Due to this, the old glass makers have been exiled... Their power (of
quality control) being no match for the Sage! Their old creations
discarded in favor of these newer, more powerful pieces!

What does this mean for The Order of the Seekers of the Mod?
Their Power of Extraction greater.
Extraction profiles per each target temp more precise.
Glass able to withstand greater stresses.
Extraction Incantations produce even more powerful results.

But have comfort in the knowledge that your sacred seal has been added to
the Mage's Registry. You will be auto-magically notified once these
powerful objects have been received. Expected completion is 7 cycles of
the moon. If by some mystery of the lands these pieces are materialized sooner,
the Mage's Registry will notify with the speed of a Wizard's Wish.

Should you have further ponderings, do not hesitate to call them into the
wind. DDave works at the intersection between lands, and the wind must
pass his way on its endless journey.

Travel well friends,
DDave
Ah, I probably should have mentioned that Seven Cycles of the Moon was just in the neighborhood of October 12th.
Hand in hand with my most recent posting in the F___ Y__ thread!

Carrier informed they are delayed by a day in delivering.

Can I say the F word over here? Can I say something stronger?

When venting's not enough!

pissed-off-gif-10.gif

Greetings Friends & Happy Friday!

I'm happy to announce that I am now fully restocked with some of the best quality glass pieces I've every seen!
These pieces are so precise, that I can now state that even screen installations are much easier than with previous kits!

Thanks for hanging in there while I secured a new supplier and went through all the quality control setups...

I will make every effort to get orders packed and shipped asap, but please be aware there are more than 100 people on the notify list, and many others who opted to simply check www.DDaveMods.com daily to see when kits were available.

Have a great weekend!
DDave

--
DDave <ddavemod@gmail.com>

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back