Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Enail Kits and Bits

That is not the uniform opinion of all who have used an axial coil w their banger.
I'm very surprised to hear that! If this is true across the board, then I would not personally recommend using any of those 710coils configurations.

I've got 5.5 years of experience with quartz bangers and barrel coils (my second enail was a pukinbeagle deep dish banger w/ 20mm coil). I do not rate this configuration at all, as a result of my experiences. It either tastes bad, or wastes bad.

I've never experienced a happy middle ground with any barrel coil + quartz banger configuration (this excludes quartz bangers with inserts made of other materials of course). I just want to make sure that people understand that I definitely do not vouch for bangers heated with barrel coils as being worthwhile. I'd prefer to torch the same banger and stick to small dabs - better taste and less waste.

My recommendation would be instead to just torch a quartz banger (such as one from 710coils) until one of the following is available again:

* SiC halo w/ slim series base and d-nail carb cap
* D-nail v1.4 titanium nail w/ v1 sapphire insert and d-nail carb cap
* Titanium halo w/ slim series base, d-nail carb cap and halo hybrid sapphire insert & d-nail carb cap

These options range from moderately to doubly more expensive than the quartz bangers from 710coils, but they're going to offer much better flavor and efficiency IME. The increased efficiency of dabbing on any one of these above options will cover the additional cost of the nail for a light concentrate user within a few weeks/months. A heavier user would make their money back in days.

Of course, if somebody can't use torches because of personal circumstances, if they can't EVER stretch their budget to even the cheapest options above, and/or if they need an e-nail solution RIGHT NOW (d-nail are quite out of stock right now!), then one of the 710coils solutions might be the best option that they currently have. :peace:

why??? do the walls get too hot or something?
so complicated
Basically, this is the crux of the issue. The walls of the banger are the part getting the lion's share of the heat. The floor where your dab runs down gets a lot less heat and so a lot of pooling and incomplete/slow vaporization. Any of you who've torched a quartz banger will know that when you heat quartz, the heat retention is very localized to the area which was hit by the flame, it doesn't really spread. These two factors together make for inefficient and lackluster experience compared to the above IME.

Thank you, I appreciate your work. Though I was all up in arms over how complicated this stuff is yesterday (not in a good mood...), i think I calmed down now, and want a SiC halo eventually.
Maybe I could just torch the banger red hot and then drop an insert in there? And get a bubble carp cap. I was using my DDave glass wand as a carb cap, but maybe it won't seal as well.

So no-one has actually said if the D-nail Sic Halo will fit the Auber Nail or not. I have asked elsewhere with the same result except people just advise to get the D-nail slim line (all out of stock) and Ti carb cap so it looks like I will just have to wait, which is OK.:thumbsup:

So no-one has actually said if the D-nail Sic Halo will fit the Auber Nail or not. I have asked elsewhere with the same result except people just advise to get the D-nail slim line (all out of stock) and Ti carb cap so it looks like I will just have to wait, which is OK.:thumbsup:
Good question man - couldn't tell you about those specific nail bases as I've only ever owned the d-nail slim series myself. I definitely know that the SiC halo and all of the options I mentioned above for that matter will work on the Highly Educated Infiniti and any such knock-offs that use the same thread :peace:

Thank you, I appreciate your work. Though I was all up in arms over how complicated this stuff is yesterday (not in a good mood...), i think I calmed down now, and want a SiC halo eventually.
Maybe I could just torch the banger red hot and then drop an insert in there? And get a bubble carp cap. I was using my DDave glass wand as a carb cap, but maybe it won't seal as well.
Glad to help man!

Carb cap design makes a big difference to flavor and efficiency on any nail, so it is definitely worth finding a nice directional one for your needs. Inserts are a great idea (sapphire is my favorite, Ruby should be just as good, SiC and Obsidian are great too!), but don't drop any inserts onto a nail while red hot, wait for it to cool first :peace: Sapphire and ruby are liable to break if you drop them onto something red hot. Too much thermal shock.

http://www.d-nail.com/vaporizers/220v/220v-flat-coil-heater

http://auberins.com/images/Flat Coil with Universal Nail_w.jpg

Should I grab the dnail flat which seems to be double thickness or will the auber flat coil do the job for me?

I am getting a Halo sic and this auber...

https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=45&products_id=484

The reason I ask is that the one from auber is $45 and the dnail one is $80 if I buy it with the sic or $90 alone

Is the extra ring of coil worth the extra money?

Last edited:
I can hardly wait too! I am looking forward to some pictures, a list of exactly what I need and your thoughts on them overall. :thumbsup:

I can hardly wait too! I am looking forward to some pictures, a list of exactly what I need and your thoughts on them overall. :thumbsup:
I ordered the Halo SiC dish and the slim nail from the links you had showed me
I also got a saphire insert to go with it

I ordered the RDK 300 from auber and the flat coil from auber

When the Sic arrives I will let you know how it all goes and compared to my QB and torch

Will post pics then

So my Dnail Halo Sic has not arrived yet
I emailed Dnail two days ago and have gotten no reply

I never got a confirmation email but the money is gone from my bank

Not too impressed with the lack of communication from them

My auber got here real quick

I hope it gets here soon

Not too much being said about the thread title, hehe...I think I might order my Auber soon, I might just get their Ti nail too for vaping my reclaim and keep the 710coils/sic halo (leaning towards 710 coils after above and other reasons) for my bubble hash, good idea, y/n?

Edit; the good idea is not about vaping reclaim (before all the oh poo, spoilt dabbers pipe up.:biggrin:)

Not too much being said about the thread title, hehe...I think I might order my Auber soon, I might just get their Ti nail too for vaping my reclaim and keep the 710coils/sic halo (leaning towards 710 coils after above and other reasons) for my bubble hash, good idea, y/n?

Edit; the good idea is not about vaping reclaim (before all the oh poo, spoilt dabbers pipe up.:biggrin:)
May be a good idea
Not sure

Plenty happy with Shanes service and goods

The Sic is meant to be good too and less maintenance

On my current experience though you would not be disappointed with that route you described I think

I can only hope my sic arrives soon and then I can give you more feedback when my 710 does also

Is there a cheap carb cap for the halos that's 80% as good as the d-nail carb cap? maybe i could get one 3d printed from some heat resistant something.
Would the SiC halo work with any of those flat coils from dhgate or 710coils? Though I'd probably just want to torch it for a while.
I really am an utilitarian cheap bastard, not one for extravagant things like sapphire inserts.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back