Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

BD9

Leaf Dawg
https://blog.puffitup.com/2018/08/ditanium-vaporizer-and-e-nail-first-impressions-lazy-review

$259.00

https://www.puffitup.com/Ditanium-Vaporizer-p/di.vap.htm

The Ditanium vaporizer's grade 2 titanium and quartz nail encloses a powerful ceramic heating element, perfect for both dry and oily materials!

The Ditanium vaporizer is a dual mode desktop vaporizer made in the USA out of natural hardwood, quartz and pure grade 2 titanium. Dry material can be loaded into the hand-piece for convection vapor and oily material can be loaded directly onto the Gr 2 titanium and quartz heating element with temperature adjustable all the way up to 900°F. The Ditanium heats in less than a minute and the quartz and titanium nail is entirely heat saturated within about five minutes by the powerful embedded ceramic element. The Ditanium features a hands free glass connection with silicone whip and the titanium mouthpiece is tapered to fit 14mm female connections for water pipe compatibility!

Key Features:
  • Made in the USA
  • Grade 2 Titanium E-Nail
  • Durable Hardwood Body
  • Compatible with Dry, Oily, and Waxy Material
  • Nearly 100% Convection in Dry Mode
  • Powerful Ceramic Heating Element
  • Temp Adjustable up to 900°F
  • Heater Isolated from Loading Chamber
  • Heater Reaches Temp in 30 Seconds
  • Full Heat Saturation in Approx. 5 Minutes
  • 14mm Connection Mouthpiece
  • Hands Free Glass Connection
  • Hand-Rubbed Oil or Clear Coat Finish
  • Silicone Tubing
  • LED Base Light
  • 1 Year Warranty
Oily Material: Any setting on the dial can be used with fully melting material and a complete turn is between 750° and 900°F. We recommend trying noon or the 1 o'clock position. The Ditanium can be used after heating for 1 minute and it's fully heat saturated after about 5 minutes. Attach the glass hand-piece to the heater and apply your material to the recessed quartz area within the titanium nail while inhaling.

Dry Material: We recommend the noon and 1 o'clock positions on the dial for dry material. Once the Ditanium is fully heat saturated fill the glass handpiece 1/4" to 1/2" with dry, well ground material and connect the handpiece to the heater. Make sure to stir in between draws for the most uniform extraction.

I must admit. Some of the advertisements I've been seeing recently for this have been interesting me.

I'd love to see comparisons from some that have both, between this and the Flowerpot.

I enjoy the design aspect and look of the unit except I think it is not really a forward movement in vape design.
For me, loading a bowl, placing it into my WT and then bringing the heat to the load makes more sense.
And just glancing at my vape collection on my desk, I notice that pretty much all my vapes are designed to work this way! Something I had never really though about.
The EVO is the odd one out.

I would also imagine a few stirs are required for max extraction, similar to the 7th Floor vapes.
And then there is the whip that most vape manufacturers have moved away from. I despise cleaning tubing and having to replace it often to maintain purity of flavor. Just my opinion though.

Also in this day and age they should have included some sort of digital screen to show the temp/voltage the unit is running at.
The heating element is enclosed so any thermocouple could be used as it would not be in the air path.
Seems like an easy addition and would appeal to people who like consistent sessions day after day.

My issue with the FlowerPot is you have to consistently maintain a specific inhale speed and duration of the hit. Otherwise the load is still green or over roasted or perfect!
Too many options for an inconsistent hit and I hardly use mine anymore. Lots of members love theirs and I did in the beginning but more consistent, easier to use vapes have taken it's place.

At the end of the day this may be an awesome vaporizer but it all depends on your routine and how you like to vape!
We need more user reviews and videos of the unit in action as I only know of a very few units being used.
I will not be adding this one to the collection.

Not a lot of traffic on the thread, but I’m STRONGLY considering the ditanium.

I have wanted a better way to use concentrates for a while (using a water cooled nectar collecter at the moment), but typical e-nails seem far to easier to knock over or burn myself with, and I haven’t found another desktop unit that can handle flower and concentrates with such ease for this price.

Concerns:

-Whip cleaning seems like a pain
-I’ll feel like I’m cheating on DynaVap if I use this for flower
-I can’t really think of any other concerns but I vaguely remember learning that if you are going to use bullet points you should have at least three

I’m STRONGLY considering the ditanium.
If I didn't already have a complete enail set up and was looking for a new desktop I would be looking at this one as well. It seems to cover all the bases, comes in at a nice price point and gets great reviews.

I wouldn't be overly concerned with cleaning the whip. The hose can be replaced inexpensively if you don't want to mess with it.

As to burning yourself... I have found that if a vape gets hot enough I will burn myself on it. And have battle scars from every vape I own. :dog:

I like how Troy goes on about how safe it is, then burns himself with the wand.:rofl: Looks like a 'Jack of all trades' good allrounder desktop. I thought the Di in the name would have meant digital, but no, less to breakdown I suppose.:myday:

Initial 25 minute burnoff has officially started...

20190213_170228.jpg
20190213_170215.jpg

I haven't used a desktop in months, and don't have a dab rig, so this is a bit of a learning curve. The cons are as stated in the reviews - the dial is impossible to see. Theres a very slight dimple which I have to pick up to see where it's at, but that can be fixed. The head, where the handpiece connects, could be a bit more snug, but you don't need much pressure to assemble.

So first thoughts are that it kicks. While the unit went through it's burnoff period I washed everything else in ISO, including the bubbler. Came back to the unit, ground up some Kosher Kush, and tried a few scoops. Scoop was a bit small so wound up pouring herb into unit. Will weigh it next time. Very slight tamp with a dab tool, stuck on handpiece and sucked a load at the highest temp the unit will reach (burnoff at 100% heat. Oopsie.). Turned down, gave herb a stir (not bothering to tamp), and second draw all the herb went against the screen, so there might not be much reason to tamp at all. Another draw and all seems good - still flavourful and vapey. So lets try this dab thingie, shall we? A few weeks ago I found a couple of envelopes in the back of a drawer, labelled Bruce Banner, Master Kush, and Death Bubba. Death Bubba has a nice ring to it, so loaded a small grain of rice-sized dab and held it to the quartz - it quickly melted, carb cap went on, and made for a great seasoning session. Decided to stop there so as not to wind up like the 420vapeguy in the video, and just measure effect.

It's a nice unit. It's smaller than it looked online, at about 8x5x5. From a herb perspective it kind of reminds me of the Arizer EQ, in that it holds a lot of bud *and* it seems to go through it quickly. If you are trying to conserve herb this might not be the unit for you. I'm not a conservationist so this is fine. Will do another run or two to get used to it, but there's really no learning curve, outside the on/off/temp control switch challenge.

then burns himself with the wand.
That glass wand/handpiece is likely the weakest part of the unit. I purchased a spare. Apparently there's a titanium one available, as well. It's going to get dropped - maybe not today, and maybe not tomorrow, but one day it'll happen.

** Just dumped load - it's nicely browned. Thats from 3 draws on it's own, plus 1 with added Death Bubba. 4 draws, dark brown ABV, about a teaspoonful. If you are in the area drop in for a sesh :)

I haven't used a desktop in months, and don't have a dab rig, so this is a bit of a learning curve. The cons are as stated in the reviews - the dial is impossible to see. Theres a very slight dimple which I have to pick up to see where it's at, but that can be fixed. The head, where the handpiece connects, could be a bit more snug, but you don't need much pressure to assemble.

So first thoughts are that it kicks. While the unit went through it's burnoff period I washed everything else in ISO, including the bubbler. Came back to the unit, ground up some Kosher Kush, and tried a few scoops. Scoop was a bit small so wound up pouring herb into unit. Will weigh it next time. Very slight tamp with a dab tool, stuck on handpiece and sucked a load at the highest temp the unit will reach (burnoff at 100% heat. Oopsie.). Turned down, gave herb a stir (not bothering to tamp), and second draw all the herb went against the screen, so there might not be much reason to tamp at all. Another draw and all seems good - still flavourful and vapey. So lets try this dab thingie, shall we? A few weeks ago I found a couple of envelopes in the back of a drawer, labelled Bruce Banner, Master Kush, and Death Bubba. Death Bubba has a nice ring to it, so loaded a small grain of rice-sized dab and held it to the quartz - it quickly melted, carb cap went on, and made for a great seasoning session. Decided to stop there so as not to wind up like the 420vapeguy in the video, and just measure effect.

It's a nice unit. It's smaller than it looked online, at about 8x5x5. From a herb perspective it kind of reminds me of the Arizer EQ, in that it holds a lot of bud *and* it seems to go through it quickly. If you are trying to conserve herb this might not be the unit for you. I'm not a conservationist so this is fine. Will do another run or two to get used to it, but there's really no learning curve, outside the on/off/temp control switch challenge.

That glass wand/handpiece is likely the weakest part of the unit. I purchased a spare. Apparently there's a titanium one available, as well. It's going to get dropped - maybe not today, and maybe not tomorrow, but one day it'll happen.

** Just dumped load - it's nicely browned. Thats from 3 draws on it's own, plus 1 with added Death Bubba. 4 draws, dark brown ABV, about a teaspoonful. If you are in the area drop in for a sesh :)
Nice review! I am strongly considering this for my first desktop as well. I’ll probably get the titanium hand piece based on your suggestions.

They say good literature is cyclical, and you started with saying there was a learning curve, and ended with saying there wasn’t a learning curve, so I think you’re covered! :smile: (I kid, I kid, you explained what you meant by this.)

I’m curious to see if micro dosing is possible with this unit. I am coming from the vapcap (and splinter), so I typically use tiny amounts. I wonder if at lower temperatures I could put in a larger amount and just take sips throughought the evening, or does the wand get hot enough you would be losing good stuff in between draws?

I’m curious to see if micro dosing is possible with this unit.
Well, lol.... if it is @ddave will figure it out. :lol: And a mod might be what's needed for that.

I wonder if at lower temperatures I could put in a larger amount and just take sips throughought the evening, or does the wand get hot enough you would be losing good stuff in between draws?
I'm going to go out on a limb here (since I haven't tried the Ditanium) and say that it's probably very similar to using a SSV. The wand gets hot, but not hot enough to act as conduction heat. The wand's glass cools down rather quickly (from vaping temp... this is not to say you still can't burn yourself). This might not be the case, however, with the titanium wand. I would imagine that retains the heat longer.

Yes, yes, yes. I cannot tell you how many wands I went through back in my Hot Box days. And I've broken two SSV wands (which are heavy duty glass) as well as a heater cover. So spares in these types of vapes are critical imo.

My only beef with this vape is that temp dial. For dabbing, it's really nice to zero in on temps. I can really tell a difference between my analog and digital D-Nails as to precision. And the analog can 'travel' a bit; which I have a feeling is true with the dial. Vapes get bumped, etc. I know I have to tweak my SSV dial every now and then to get it where it needs to be. And while after a time you find your sweet spot, it's really nice to be able to set a temp and know it's going to pretty much stay there. My bet is that the next generation of this vape has digital display. :twocents:

So i tried a bit of bedtime Bruce Banner, alongside some Tangie herb. I'll need to find a new loading system as the little scoops aren't cutting it and pouring is messy.

Microdosing is always possible, annd that's what i use portables for (Mystvape Touch 2 and Milaana). At home I'm after full extraction, and i want it now (just saw Bohemian Rhapsody again. It's very entertaining if'n Queen is your thing). I'm trying to be very careful about not overdoing a dab. Last night's was maybe a bit large (1/2 stamp-ish), provided 3 good draws, and then i ran burnoff cycle and went to bed. Back to turn unit off, which showed a bit of ash on the nail which flew out with a quick puff of air.

I'm pleased with it. Titanium handpiece coming up. May put some thought into a way to attach a handpiece holder to the unit.

I picked up the optional carb cap which is apparently 'wierd-sized' (can't confirm) as suggested for low temp dabbing. Tasted ok to my admittedly very limited experience. I'll bring a thermo gun along and see if i can check temps. Regarding digital control I'm not sure that's required, but i tend to like things that are simple and effective - less gadgets means less to fail in my mind. Speaking of simple none of the reviews really mentioned the christmas tree lightbulb in the units base. It gets brighter as the temp control dials up, giving an indication of temp. It's no temp gauge but it looks nifty. Mine is blue. For now.

So i tried a bit of bedtime Bruce Banner, alongside some Tangie herb. I'll need to find a new loading system as the little scoops aren't cutting it and pouring is messy.

Microdosing is always possible, annd that's what i use portables for (Mystvape Touch 2 and Milaana). At home I'm after full extraction, and i want it now (just saw Bohemian Rhapsody again. It's very entertaining if'n Queen is your thing). I'm trying to be very careful about not overdoing a dab. Last night's was maybe a bit large (1/2 stamp-ish), provided 3 good draws, and then i ran burnoff cycle and went to bed. Back to turn unit off, which showed a bit of ash on the nail which flew out with a quick puff of air.

I'm pleased with it. Titanium handpiece coming up. May put some thought into a way to attach a handpiece holder to the unit.

I picked up the optional carb cap which is apparently 'wierd-sized' (can't confirm) as suggested for low temp dabbing. Tasted ok to my admittedly very limited experience. I'll bring a thermo gun along and see if i can check temps. Regarding digital control I'm not sure that's required, but i tend to like things that are simple and effective - less gadgets means less to fail in my mind. Speaking of simple none of the reviews really mentioned the christmas tree lightbulb in the units base. It gets brighter as the temp control dials up, giving an indication of temp. It's no temp gauge but it looks nifty. Mine is blue. For now.
I thought this was funny. Last night I pulled out some Bruce Banner, then ground up the last of the Tangie. Great minds think alike, if I may presume.

I pulled the trigger and got this vaporizer. I am familiar with a whip ( Arizer ), and I need an introduction to concentrates. I am the only person among my friends that uses

a vaporizer ( not out of a pen ). You can now purchase loose cannabis, but it is costly. They sure seem to push the concentrates, which seems odd, if you are worried that

it's harmful why push the concentrated stuff on patients? Sounds just like the government doesn't it?

Regardless, I will be back, asking questions and generally going over

my learning escapades with everyone. I am hoping that it will give me the base knowledge of concentrates, how they work with different temperatures, etc. I don't want

to mess my stuff up, too costly ( here ) and I will feel better with some experience if I move on to the next step. :goofy:

I pulled the trigger and got this vaporizer. I am familiar with a whip ( Arizer ), and I need an introduction to concentrates. I am the only person among my friends that uses

a vaporizer ( not out of a pen ). You can now purchase loose cannabis, but it is costly. They sure seem to push the concentrates, which seems odd, if you are worried that

it's harmful why push the concentrated stuff on patients? Sounds just like the government doesn't it?

Regardless, I will be back, asking questions and generally going over

my learning escapades with everyone. I am hoping that it will give me the base knowledge of concentrates, how they work with different temperatures, etc. I don't want

to mess my stuff up, too costly ( here ) and I will feel better with some experience if I move on to the next step. :goofy:
How fun is this?! I'm so happy you got a Ditanium. I've heard good things, and can't wait to hear what you think.

The mail person was here earlier, and barely knocked on the door ( I sit by the door ), I should have gotten up, I missed the delivery. I am upset because I KNOW they will

knock lightly. They have done this before, one time, from Phattpiggies, that they implied they tried to deliver 3 times, and it was going back to him!! I was freaking, back? I

never had even gotten a slip until the 3rd try. I'll go to the post office today, hopefully, get my package.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back