Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories DIY Butane vapes

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Living so far from the US can make it difficult to get replacement parts for vaporisers or much more expensive than it should be. This is one reason why I tend to go for almost unbreakable vapes but over time I have accumulated a lot of assorted glass adapters, J hooks & the like. So I decided to experiment with my parts & make one for fun.
After much testing & making every combination I could think of I found the missing link & purchased a Plaisir carbon adapter for $25AU.

Easy to use with a J hook or on a water pipe I am getting deceptive, massive rips with almost nil restriction. It is really working well & even if I purchased the components separately it would cost under $50AU for a complete setup including a mini torch.

8PqOzH4l.jpg

All mine is made from is
  • 18mm J hook or alternate glass
  • 18mm F-M Plaisir carbon adapter
  • 18mm F vape adapter
The only reason I purchased the carbon adapter was my previous cannabis chambers worked well but I wanted something thick & strong to retain thermal mass. A simple, fun vape a lot of people can make easily.
Pros

• Cheap to buy/make
  • No airpath restriction
  • Big powerful hits
Cons

• Large chamber (that could be a Pro though :wink:)
  • Gets hot but common sense should come into play
  • Needs stirring

Anyone else made a butane vape from bits n bobs lying around at home?

Living so far from the US can make it difficult to get replacement parts for vaporisers or much more expensive than it should be. This is one reason why I tend to go for almost unbreakable vapes but over time I have accumulated a lot of assorted glass adapters, J hooks & the like. So I decided to experiment with my parts & make one for fun.
After much testing & making every combination I could think of I found the missing link & purchased a Plaisir carbon adapter for $25AU.

Easy to use with a J hook or on a water pipe I am getting deceptive, massive rips with almost nil restriction. It is really working well & even if I purchased the components separately it would cost under $50AU for a complete setup including a mini torch.

8PqOzH4l.jpg

All mine is made from is
  • 18mm J hook or alternate glass
  • 18mm F-M Plaisir carbon adapter
  • 18mm F vape adapter
The only reason I purchased the carbon adapter was my previous cannabis chambers worked well but I wanted something thick & strong to retain thermal mass. A simple, fun vape a lot of people can make easily.
Pros

• Cheap to buy/make
  • No airpath restriction
  • Big powerful hits
Cons

• Large chamber (that could be a Pro though :wink:)
  • Gets hot but common sense should come into play
  • Needs stirring

Anyone else made a butane vape from bits n bobs lying around at home?
I know @The Rogue Wax Works has made a butane vape.
I like the looks of your butane vape @Stevenski. I have a J hook in 14mm, and came across a GRAV charcoal adapter I bought but can't figure out what to do with. I am not sure what would work in place of the vape adapter or where to apply the heat, but am thinking about trying this.

You can use pretty much any glass tube adapter or downstem that will fit. Limited byvyour imagination really. The issue is finding a suitable one to dissapate the heat without hot spotting. I have used a ddave EQ mouthpiece as a heating tube.

You may have just the bits n bobs you need laying around but making a butane vape is a fun experiment.

You can use pretty much any glass tube adapter or downstem that will fit. Limited byvyour imagination really. The issue is finding a suitable one to dissapate the heat without hot spotting. I have used a ddave EQ mouthpiece as a heating tube.

You may have just the bits n bobs you need laying around but making a butane vape is a fun experiment.
Thank you for your response @Stevenski. I've got a drawerful of small glass, and am sure something will work. If it weren't 3:30 in the morning, I'd try this now. Today will be a good day to try something new.

20191023_110905.jpg

O.K. , I got the first one done. After I try this, I'll try the @Stevinski.

Edit: I tried this, and got vapor but no clouds. I think my lighter might be too small. Not sure if I should continue, or wait until I get a better lighter. :thinker:
It could be my technique...

Last edited:
View attachment 13993
O.K. , I got the first one done. After I try this, I'll try the @Stevinski.

Edit: I tried this, and got vapor but no clouds. I think my lighter might be too small. Not sure if I should continue, or wait until I get a better lighter. :thinker:
It could be my technique...
The second one. This one 14mm, the first 18mm. View attachment 14002
I LOVE THIS!!! Now I'm going to have to clean out the odds and ends drawer. I know I've some of these bits and pieces. I don't have a J Hook though. Hmmm. :thinker:

You need a j hook or two @Squiby. Everyone should have one really.

They look great @Madri-Gal. All manual butane vapes require some experimentation with technique so don't give up. Quite satisfying when you "get it".

Squiby wants a custom J hook. Who would have guessed that! You aren't alone in wanting a custom one with feet. I have been thinking of getting a nice worked one but i know how much it will cost me.....

So, my third attempt. This one worked easily, but the torch flame felt a bit close. Might need to try another water piece.
20191024_122246.jpg

This is a GRAV helix topped by a 14mm male to 18mm female, topped by an 18mm elbow joint. The base is a small water piece that can easily be switched out. For that matter, the helix could be pulled, and it be the WP to 14mm male to 18mm female with screen to elbow joint. I just thought that might be a bit hot.
@Shredder, @The Rogue Wax Works does sell the first one. I just had the parts.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back