Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Do flowers still get concentrate users 'high'? Poll

If you mostly use concentrates rather than vaping flowers, do flowers still get you 'high'?

• Yes even small amounts

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Only in large quantities

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Not at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

herbivore21

There is a common view among some that ongoing concentrate use causes flower vaping to stop having the desired elevating effects. So I thought we could survey the community here.

For me, flowers still definitely get me out there, even small amounts such as a bowl in my omnivap. However, it does not necessarily achieve the required medical relief for most of my symptoms and so I tend toward concentrates.

Please only respond to the survey question if you use concentrates more often than not, rather than flowers. :)

I've had the opposite effect. I switched to only dabbing for a while. And found that vaping flowers not only didn't do what I needed it to, it started making me cough terribly. Which made me turn to dabs even more. The other downside is that my tolerance went through the roof. I also found that the pain I was vaping for wasn't being helped as much.

I've cut back on my dabbing significantly now and find that flower does the trick again. The coughing has lessened too.
Theres no doubt in my mind I was overdoing it before, lol....

I think the lesson I learned from all of this is that less is more. There comes a point where you almost feel 'saturated.' And you no longer feel high unless you use massive amounts. Cutting back on everything has helped me lower my tolerance, enjoy flower again, and feel the medicinal effects needed.

I've had the opposite effect. I switched to only dabbing for a while. And found that vaping flowers not only didn't do what I needed it to, it started making me cough terribly. Which made me turn to dabs even more. The other downside is that my tolerance went through the roof. I also found that the pain I was vaping for wasn't being helped as much.

I've cut back on my dabbing significantly now and find that flower does the trick again. The coughing has lessened too.

I think the lesson I learned from all of this is that less is more. There comes a point where you almost feel 'saturated.' And you no longer feel high unless you use massive amounts. Cutting back on everything has helped me lower my tolerance, enjoy flower again, and feel the medicinal effects needed.

Definitely, definitely agree with this. Had to wind back on the dabbing to keep flower effective. Not to mention with daily maintenance I end up dabbing myself into a stupor by the end of the day. I now find I like to start the day with a good dab, flower through the day at work, dab or two after work then flower til it's bedtime. This is how I manage to get through the day without sleeping a good portion of it away lmao

I save concentrates for before bed and only a few times a week. That seems to keep my tolerance for flowers in check. Some days I need to medicate more than other days. So it's not always the same for me every day.

I have some Gorilla Glue wax that's pretty potent. Even though it's a hybrid sativa it knocks me out before bed. I mostly vaporize flowers.

...haven't experienced a problem...yet...but my use has always been heavy...there are at least two to three days a week where I won't even do concentrates...that may be helping....I will always enjoy flower...it's really my first love.

This so accurately describes what I experienced too for the most part. My tolerance did not go through the roof when I shifted to almost entirely dabbing though since I have been very careful to moderate my doses and my busy working/research schedule doesn't always allow me to do enough dabs to raise my tolerance.

Vaping flowers really does make us cough so much more than concentrates, doesn't it!? I've noticed this a lot myself, alongside a sore/scratchy throat from too much flower vaping.

I find that if I use small amounts of flower, less often that I do not get the coughing very much. I still hardly use flower and do not use it most days.

It seems that most of us can still get 'high' from flower even if we mostly use concentrates, so long as we moderate our doses/tolerance. This makes perfect sense :)

I save concentrates for before bed and only a few times a week. That seems to keep my tolerance for flowers in check. Some days I need to medicate more than other days. So it's not always the same for me every day.

I have some Gorilla Glue wax that's pretty potent. Even though it's a hybrid sativa it knocks me out before bed. I mostly vaporize flowers.
This is one effective way to keep tolerance down! Great idea keeping concentrates to the evening.

I tend to weigh out the total concentrate I will use for a day and rigidly stick to that quota lol. I use concentrate all day, but have small amounts during the day as my heavier dose requirements are at night to treat insomnia and sleep related disorder.

...when all is said and done...for me there is a certain comfort and satisfaction with the ritual of dosing with flower that the concentrate experience lacks...maybe cause I have my fingers in plant material or...familiarity...I feel very centered with flowers..

I also prefer flowers to concentrates. Flowers hit my body better while concentrates are pretty head oriented for me.

...when all is said and done...for me there is a certain comfort and satisfaction with the ritual of dosing with flower that the concentrate experience lacks...maybe cause I have my fingers in plant material or...familiarity...I feel very centered with flowers..
I think there is something to what you are saying here man. So many people who are comfortable with flower use are very apprehensive about concentrates. Obviously, most people cannot/do not make high quality extracts from their flower themselves and so there is a lot of trust that they are forced to place in the extract artist who makes their concentrates. The knowledge that missteps in processing can bring dangers that may not have been present in the original flower is indeed cause for lingering concern for people in these cases.

I on the other hand am very familiar with my concentrates, remembering how they were made, what they were made from and able to appreciate the differences in the final product and how it got that way. The lingering concerns simply don't exist to me and I feel the same comfort and satisfaction when dosing concentrates as a result :)

@t-dub man see if you used a heat pressed temple ball of full melt hash instead of the oil extracts (rosin, shatter etc) you would find that you can get more body effect from concentrates than flowers, but it is a matter of how the concentrate is made. Most retail concentrates tend to be mass produced pale colored shatter/sap/etc that is produced in a way that maximizes headiness. Concentrates can be tailored to provide body effects that cannot be experienced from flowers. Some of my own solventless teks that I have developed in recent times achieve this result in spades :D

I like both, and I am still balancing the medical effects (through rigorous testing of course). Then the difference in device reliability, etc. between flower vapes and concentrate vapes may play a role in that ultimate personalized recipe.

But we should *all* be grateful. Anybody remember...?

no-lighter-weed-memes.jpg

Peace and good things to everyone.

For me, flowers still definitely get me out there, even small amounts such as a bowl in my omnivap
I'm a microdoser and a Vapcapper. I'm a Vapcaping microdoser. Microdosing Vapcapper. That there is 'cause of a tiny bit of flower a moment ago. :wave:

I'm about 50/50 flower/concentrate. I'm seriously going to try making my own rosin.

I first tried some sativa rosin after reading one of @herbivore21 s comments a while back that rosin provides a more uplifting high compared to the flower and I am finding this to be true.

So, I've been vaping rosin during the day for a clear headed energized high and reserving flowers for the later afternoon and evening most of the time. I keep them both to low doses and here I am where I am and that's where I want to be.

.I will always enjoy flower...it's really my first love.
Yeah... :weed: :smug:

I'm a microdoser and a Vapcapper. I'm a Vapcaping microdoser. Microdosing Vapcapper. That there is 'cause of a tiny bit of flower a moment ago. :wave:

I'm about 50/50 flower/concentrate. I'm seriously going to try making my own rosin.

I first tried some sativa rosin after reading one of @herbivore21 s comments a while back that rosin provides a more uplifting high compared to the flower and I am finding this to be true.

So, I've been vaping rosin during the day for a clear headed energized high and reserving flowers for the later afternoon and evening most of the time. I keep them both to low doses and here I am where I am and that's where I want to be.

Yeah... :weed: :smug:
Excellent idea on your dosing schedule! Using different concentrates and flowers in the scenarios where their different effects are best suited is the most efficient way IME to use meds.

Keeping tolerance low (but not too low, I hate having such a low tolerance that a dab is too racey and uncomfortable psychologically!) is advisable where possible.

We really need to get the rosin thread moving along here. I've been having a great time with rosin lately, some flowers that I've cured for several years are making the best rosin I've ever dabbed lately :D

I am always glad to hear more of our peers here benefiting from rosin. IMO the emergence of this tek served as the de facto democratization of concentrates. Anyone can do it :D

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back