Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Do you work?

Do you work?

• Full-time or part-time

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Retired

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Disability

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Unemployed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm 66 now and retired for 2 1/2 years.

• I was an officer in the USAF and flew and was a Senior Director for a Command and Control site.
  • I then worked military engineering and acquisition projects. Best was doing flight test planning and execution for the modifications that created the special ops birds
  • I then worked for the rest of my career in the telecom network infrastructure business (think Ericsson and the like) as a project and program manager.
  • Last job I had was with a little quirky UK telcom equipment company....which was mainly a software company and in the 4-5 years I was there the whole industry shifted to be software-centric. Used to be that telco operators would build a new whole building for us to bring in and install a CO switch of 60 - 120 cabinets, power systems, cross connects, etc. Now we show up with thumb drives and ask where is your server! haha

Two MI's and a third stent did it for me. I absolutely do NOT miss the incredible stress of the jobs I had. Don't miss it a bit.

Cheers

I’m semi-retired: my retirement plans blew up with the economy in ‘08...now nearly 70 and unlikely to get the chance to retire. I work 16 hours a week at an exacting, physically demanding profession. As a profession, it’s young enough that there are few with my years and experience, so I’m being vague on purpose. I will like it very much when I am able to grow full-time.

I stopped tattooing when the clientele changed.................I prefer outlaw over hipster douche.
Hipster douche sounds like a bad feminine hygiene product.
Were design choices different between different types of clients, @arb? That is, outlaw vs. hipster? I literally know nothing about this. I've thought of getting a tattoo, but with my exceptional bad taste and judgement, I know it would not end well. I can barely pick out an outfit I won't regret literally the same day I wear it. I could totally see myself walking into a tattoo parlor and insisting that yes, I do want a battleship, thank you very much. No other reason than poor impulse control. I avoid hair and nail salons for the same reason. That is, poor judgement, not battleships.

A battleship tattoo sounds cool as fuck to me @Madri-Gal. Don't worry you have a lifetime to regret it. Bet there are a lot of people with barbed wire armbands & tribal junk they regret. Thats what laser is for though.

I may be somewhere in the middle of the outlaw vs. hipster douche persona. I have tattoo that spells bibliophile using skulls as letters. The skulls were copied from orphans or kittens. Or something. :thinker:

I started working right of high school in factories that built recreational vehicles. Our plant made travel trailers similar to the one pictured below. I did not like getting up at 4:30 am to go to work.
Using saws and power tools when you're half asleep isn't fun. Well, sometimes it was fun.

trailer.jpg

Last edited:
Madri-Guy says I must stop or not. Sorry, @arb. Plenty more to say, we'll just have to hide in another thread, not that that would be easy for you... :cheeseburger:
Ok, ok, I'm done.
(What he said was, "Mom! What if one of my kids wants to join the site one day? What will they think of granny?" Sobering thought, but I think they'll figure it out.)

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back