Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Do you work?

Do you work?

• Full-time or part-time

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Retired

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Disability

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Unemployed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm retired and I work and I'm unemployeed and I love my job. I work in the house and in the garden. It's my job to keep the beds in order and the guineas fed and tended to. I don't work 8 hours a day. 6 would be a max and 2-4 the usual, most days.

The adult years of my first 55 were spent performing in this way or that, of my employers choosing, in exchange for money. Now I only work on things of my choosing, things that I love, in exchange for joy.

Time accelerates and in a blink you'll be joining the majority, if mature folks are the majority here.

I am also retired... but I took an early retirement because of orthopedic issues. I worked in a corporate setting for 13 years before having children. I was able to be a stay at home mom for about 15 years but had a small floral business that I ran from home. Then I worked with children with autism for 7 years before retiring for good. I feel like I put my dues in lol.....

@I'm Ron Burgundy? don't wish your working years away. My favorite phrase of 'watch what you wish for' applies here. You might get what you wish.... but it always comes with a cost. Mine came with chronic pain and my working on replacing every joint in my body in my quest to become bionic.

i'm semi-retired ... graphic designer / web designer / photographer

Prepping and Schlepping for over 15 years as a Pro Chef/Caterer, cooked on many TV/Film/Music productions, hustled Hotels, Resorts alike. It allowed me to travel the globe and work simultaneously. dabble in civil engineering as a Surveyor when not playing captain spatula. 42 yrs old. life is full of surprises I like to strike at it while the Irons are hot!

Last edited:
I was a surveyor also I mostly did heavy construction along with tattooing and commercial fishing.
I have also grown and sold cannabis worked in many a kitchen built hang gliders and owned a few small repair\bait\curio shops.
Now I just grow and sell cannabis..........so unemployed pothead with zero plans for changing,ever.
I am 52 as is mrs.arb who shares the same career path as myself.
:buzz:
Prepping and Schlepping for over 15 years as a Pro Chef/Caterer, cooked on many TV/Film/Music productions, hustled Hotels, Resorts alike. It allowed me to travel the globe and work simultaneously. dabble in civil engineering as a Surveyor when not playing captain spatula. 42 yrs old. life is full of surprises I like to strike at it while the Irons are hot!

Last edited:
...i work in agriculture, selling bulk liquid fertilizers, fumigant and sucker oil... Tobacco was huge in the area, hence the sucker oil, for obvious reasons the tobacco market isn't what it use to be... ginseng is big now for fumigation... we sell in to the cannabis market as well, it's becoming bigger in the area since legalization and the tobacco companies are looking at the crop as well...

edit: grammar

I guess I should expand my post by saying I worked for a large national company for 30 years. When I first was hired the average employee died 2 years after retirement at 65. My plan was to have them pay me back with 30 years of retirement. The older I get, I think that plan might not come to fruition. I have grown pot for many years and have always given it away. Good times keep rollin.....:smug:

I work full time for a massive company but don't do a huge amount of work in reality. I have the joy of knowing I have another 25-30 years left in the workforce if I don't end up kicking the bucket first.

When were you a tattoo artist @arb? I love tattoos but hate getting tattooed :lol:. If you have any pics feel free to share them :biggrin:.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back