Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

GanjaGorgon

Ok so anyone who was purchased a Storz & Bickel product has probably got at least one of these little metal dosing caps laying around the place. Such a convenient and useful thing whilst out and about with my mighty..... Then horror strikes and the mighty's battery dies whilst I'm still far away from the nearest charge point. However much like many experienced vaporists I always carry a spare butane powered vape, This day it happened to de my Dreamwood Dobby. Now given all my herb was in dosing caps the first thought was to just tip the herb into the Dobby and let rip. This is when i realised that the dosing cap will drop perfectly into the herb bowl on the Dobby (I have since checked and they also fit the Dreamwood DLX Pro and The Sticky Brick Jnr.). With my new way of putting the herb into my Dobby I was set to go and let it rip. To my amazement not only did this work but it provided a denser smoother vapour than I was used too. After some trials I found the reasoning behind this to be that by having the full dosing cap with lid in the chamber stops the chance of combustion and helps spread the heat from the torch around the entirety of the herb. So not only for a regular user does it produce thicker clouds, but for the novice vaporist it reduces the chances of combustion. I'd love to hear anyone else thoughts, views, or opinions on this.

Much Love

GanjaGorgon

@GanjaGorgon welcome to the forum... and what a great first post. :thumbsup:

While I don't have a Mighty, I do own a Fury 2 which also has dosing caps. I love them for multiple reasons; the convenience of having several caps ready to rock and the way the keep the 'oven' pristine being the two most important. I haven't played around with them to see if they fit other vapes I have though...

@momofthegoons thanks for the welcome. I have bee eerily lurking in the shadows as a guest but a good friend, and certain wood turner convinced me that being more involved in the community is as rewarding as it can get.

It was an unusual thing to find out but I have had people try this on by brick jnr. and they are all amazed ho much easier it makes it and the fact you can use a much more powerful flame at a closer range without combustion. My assumption is that the top of the dosing capsule acts as a dispersion plate. Very handy for those new to butane vaping though I think

I love using my dosing caps. I place a coarse Arizer Air screen at the top & bottom of the capsule as extra insurance.

What devises do you use your dosing caps with @Stevenski I have found all my butane powered vapes, except vapcap, all fit the mighty dosing cap perfectly. Happy coincidence me thinks

I just use them in my Mighty. In fact I am testing the first cap of a new strain as I type this.

...i use to use the dosing caps in my mighty exclusively... until i realized how much of a pain in the ass they really were- to fill, unload and manage :ko: especially when i could just dump into oven and then dump out when done...

...i only used them to keep the oven new looking... but the ease of not having to mess with dosing caps outweighed my want to keep a pristine looking oven...

:twocents:

...i use to use the dosing caps in my mighty exclusively... until i realized how much of a pain in the ass they really were- to fill, unload and manage :ko: especially when i could just dump into oven and then dump out when done...

...i only used them to keep the oven new looking... but the ease of not having to mess with dosing caps outweighed my want to keep a pristine looking oven...

:twocents:

Opposite is true for me
Much cleaner and less of a hassle using caps than not

I used to use no caps

More hassle to load - no dumping loads in when the mess made and crevices in plastic exist

Can easily dump a cap in and out though
If out and about it is most def easier to handle with caps

Clean up easy
Cap dump out every thing clean no need to brush etc

To empty and reload the caps takes less time than empty and clean and pack and blow clean without caps

Imo
Ime

Whatever works for you though is what is best

This ^

I have never not used a dosing capsule as I find it a lot easier to fill a couple & leave them on my coffee table so I can kick back & enjoy.

This ^

I have never not used a dosing capsule as I find it a lot easier to fill a couple & leave them on my coffee table so I can kick back & enjoy.
I have the 8 pack loaded all the time
When I have used the magazine it takes a couple minutes to empty them all and reload
Then I always have the caps in magazine ready to roll no thinking

I ended up buying the F2 dosing caps too
Waiting for them to arrive....

Not a huge fan of the F2 dosing caps
I find they make the sesh too small
They also produce a lot less flavour and clouds ime

It is partly due to the small chamber size but I also think the caps are a bit small and let too much air around them

They are a looser fit compared to the mighty caps and I think they don't function as well

I like the convenience of having 5 packed ready to go, but I think I am enjoying my F2 use less.....

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back