Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Dr. Dabber Boost Erig

Well, I received my Boost this morning. Charged it up before first use, as instructed. It is a bit of a learning curve, taking bigger hits, more quickly. The unit shuts off quickly too, after 20 seconds. I still need to get just the right amount of concentrate on the tool.

Not too much, not too little, but just enough to finish in one 20 second session. Being used to the vape pen, this is a lot different. At least it is to me.

I'm starting off using the titanium nail, but it tastes a little harsh to me. Not sure if I want to switch to ceramic or quartz. The Wiccan in me says go for quartz. LOL

I'm definitely liking the quartz a lot better.

Something I have noticed while using the quartz nail. I'm using THC distillate oil from a syringe right now. While trying to get the method down, a reservoir of oil has collected in the nail cup. I have been able to have several sessions without adding anymore oil, just vaporizing the oil in the nail cup. That's actually kinda nice!

The Boost definitely works better with a full battery. As the battery drains, the nail doesn't seem to get as hot. It definitely doesn't glow like it does at first. Very glad I ordered a couple back up batteries and a charger.

Thanks for the continued feedback @Vicki . How many sessions would you say a battery is good for starting with a full charge?

Are you asking how long should someone use a fully charged battery before charging or switching to a new battery? (If they have that option). If so, I'd have to say the battery really starts to lose power after about 25 hits. The nail itself stops glowing after about 15 hits. After that, the nail heats up cooler than at the beginning.

It can't be helped, really, as the battery is draining. In my opinion, extra batteries and an A/C charger are a must for this unit if you use it all day, and dabbing is all you do. Otherwise, you will run out of battery before the end of the day. I thought it would last me a day, but I was wrong. Maybe it's the learning curve, but I don't think so. So far, after two days, I've been able to go from fully charged to dead in about 9 hours. And the hits at the end were not very strong. This rig definitely performs best with a fresher battery.

So far, my usage is based on the quartz nail. I'm also using 81% THC distallite oil.

Last edited:
Yes, definitely glad I got extra batteries and a wall charger. This unit works much better with batteries that charge on a wall unit vs. charging via USB on the unit itself. The batteries have a stronger charge from the wall, and just work better. I like this erig better now. :)

I can't believe it. My quartz nail cracked after only using it for 2 weeks. A big chunk on the inside domed part just broke off and left a great big hole. Time to break out the ceramic nail.

I can't believe it. My quartz nail cracked after only using it for 2 weeks. A big chunk on the inside domed part just broke off and left a great big hole. Time to break out the ceramic nail.
I'd shoot Dr. Dabber an email and see if you can't get it replaced. :twocents:

Not even five months. That’s how long the Boost lasted before it broke, and I have never dropped it. :(

Attachments

• F9BFA5B7-D4E7-45EA-AA80-5B1292FF204D.jpeg
    F9BFA5B7-D4E7-45EA-AA80-5B1292FF204D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 237
  • A7C56F86-7112-4DDD-9A35-81726BAC286F.jpeg
    A7C56F86-7112-4DDD-9A35-81726BAC286F.jpeg
    692.9 KB · Views: 193
Not even five months. That’s how long the Boost lasted before it broke, and I have never dropped it. :(
Wow.. that's a real disappointment. Have you tried contacting them and showing them the pics Vicki? You never know... they might replace it.

73462CFE-EDAE-44E6-9A56-26C1875A749F.jpeg

My Dr. Dabber replacement unit arrived yesterday. I am very glad they replaced my defective unit.

I did run into one snag, though. It would seem my old glass that went with the old unit was too small for the replacement unit. I didn’t realize it was stuck until it was too late. You see the result. I am so sick about this. I hate breaking glass, and it really made me ill when I threw it into the recycling bin. :(

It’s a good thing I bought a back up piece. That one seems to fit fine.

Damn Vicki... that really sucks. I'm glad you had the back up to use. And even happier that you were able to get a replacement. :smile:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back