Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories Dynavap And Other Induction Heaters

Cannamelier

Whilst I have promised not to show anything of it's workings I am sure they won't mind me sharing pics of the unit in here, and I thought it would be a nice first real post for me.

This is the same unit that @phattpiggie posted from Spannabis, I am testing it at home for a few days so I will post my thoughts on it once I have had the time to really get a feel for it.

*initial thoughts, it takes some relearning to find the right temp again compared to the lighter.

But anyway, here it is again.

IMG_4594.JPG
IMG_4632.jpeg

And what a great first post it is! :biggrin: I've been dying to get a better glimpse of this.

I took the liberty of editing your post so that the full images were shown rather than attached files.....:smile:

*initial thoughts, it takes some relearning to find the right temp again compared to the lighter.
Is this your first go round with an induction heater? I find them much easier to use, and much more consistent, than a lighter or torch. I was thrilled to see George starting this venture since it will mean more access to them for the general VapCap community.

Can't wait to hear how you feel after a few days with it. :popcorn:

Hi @Cannamelier and welcome to VA. :wave:

Like @momofthegoons I too am curious if you have used any of the other aftermarket induction heaters that are about or if this is your first foray in the VC induction heating?

I know that DV's induction heater uses an optical sensor to identify when a VC is inserted into the glass tube. I was wondering what happens if one was to leave the VC in the heating chamber to long? Is there a mechanism where the induction coils automatically shut off after a preset time?

it takes some relearning to find the right temp again compared to the lighter.

Can you explain this a bit....I mean, don't you honor the click with induction as you would with a torch lighter?

Thanks for posting....been looking forward to this accessory.

Cheers

So a little update....

I haven't used any other induction heaters so far, this is my first one so I can't compare for you I'm afraid.

Can you explain this a bit....I mean, don't you honor the click with induction as you would with a torch lighter?

The click means different things to me and can click at different cap temperatures and also the transference of heat from a clicked cap to the material has a big effect too. (Faster heated cap with little conduction means lower vapor production)

For me the initial click temp is a bit cool although does create some mild vapor, I like to go slightly past the 2nd click usually when using, particularly for the initial first hit.

It is a useful device, well built and very solid. It certainly does what it promises.

As a note it would be possible to combust if heating action is repeated or vape it too hot whilst being left in the chamber.

I do feel this test version errs on the side of caution with regard to initial temps, which is probably best in the long run. You can see the heater working when inserting a cool vape as the lights flicker.

I will post a video of it in action later.

IMG_4708.jpeg
IMG_4709.jpeg

@Cannamelier one question that @GreenHopper asked is something I'm curious about as well. He had asked:

"I know that DV's induction heater uses an optical sensor to identify when a VC is inserted into the glass tube. I was wondering what happens if one was to leave the VC in the heating chamber to long?"

So if you leave the VC in... does it trigger the heat? And if so... if you leave your stem in there will it continue to heat it? Or do you need to apply some pressure to trigger the heat?

In the IH I have from @Pipes you have to apply pressure to get the heat to turn on in the tube. When you release the pressure, the heating stops. I'm wondering if they have that type of safeguard built in to the Dynavap version.

Typically 3 seconds after the click for the portside mini induction heater. when using a torch with the VC versus the induction heater I find the heat is more evenly distributed. I wonder what
Dynavap will do to get the temp indicator (2 clicks) to give the temp of the whole tip as opposed to the temp of just the clicker.

@Cannamelier are you using the ti tip?

Have you tried the SS tip ?

I'm really not sure how induction works but it's a really neat thing

I would think they would build a mechanism into the unit to adjust depth of the VapCap tip. Deeper in the Induction Heater would result in amore delayed click as it does when heating with a torch further away from the tip., thus higher temperatures. Surely if you are just heating the VC itself, you are clicking at lower temperatures of the stainless or titanium tip, thus light vapor, thinner clouds and leaving some goodness behind? @Dynavap

Very nice to see you here @Cannamelier and what a way to 'pop your VA cherry'.

I really didn't get enough time with the DVIH in Spain but I can fill in a couple of blanks.

@GreenHopper and @momofthegoons there is a timer so if you left a VC in the heater it would time out and switch off, this would mean turning the butterfly style switch thru 90°, the part with the magnet on, to power up again.

@Baron23 and @YaMon the clicker in the cap has a ferric content which means it buckles quicker and 'clicks' before the load is hot.
You get vapor production but it's light.
A new technique is needed to get decent clouds on the first heat cycle, with my Mini and M17 tip I usually keep the power on for 3-5 seconds after the click.
You can stick with the click and as the tip heat soaks vapor production does ramp up.

There are 3 18650 batteries in the unit and George has said the whole thing is going to be open source so there will be a way to adjust the 'brains', PID style, but I'm unsure on how involved this would be.

Time will tell and the more people with the know how who get on board the better, all for the greater good.

@GreenHopper and @momofthegoons there is a timer so if you left a VC in the heater it would time out and switch off, this would mean turning the butterfly style switch thru 90°, the part with the magnet on, to power up again.

Thank you for the details @phattpiggie, sounds like DV had the safety aspect covered.

There are 3 18650 batteries in the unit and George has said the whole thing is going to be open source so there will be a way to adjust the 'brains', PID style, but I'm unsure on how involved this would be.

Open source is good news too :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing all the extra information, I was a bit cautious in what I could share or couldn't.

It is a great and sturdy unit, does what it is supposed to but does not fix any problem I have right now so I don't see myself using one often.

I think if you like induction heaters then you will like the build quality and function on this for sure, I think I am just a jet flame kind of guy! :P

Typically 3 seconds after the click for the portside mini induction heater. when using a torch with the VC versus the induction heater I find the heat is more evenly distributed. I wonder what
Dynavap will do to get the temp indicator (2 clicks) to give the temp of the whole tip as opposed to the temp of just the clicker.

@Cannamelier are you using the ti tip? Yes I am, I have the Omni Ti that I use daily

Have you tried the SS tip ? yes I have it is certainly functional and works well but I notice the difference in dissipation for sure.

I'm really not sure how induction works but it's a really neat thing
heat generation via a magnetic field and conductive materials, but someone more sciencey might be able to explain it in more detail.

(sorry for delay in answering)

Is this what the new Dynavap IH is going to be, no wonder they don`t want anyone to know, a repurposed travel mug? Really, is that what we have been waiting for? If it is, I think I might just go on the waiting list for a PS mini:disgust:

Is this what the new Dynavap IH is going to be, no wonder they don`t want anyone to know, a repurposed travel mug? Really, is that what we have been waiting for? If it is, I think I might just go on the waiting list for a PS mini:disgust:
I am on the mini waiting list
Was hoping DV would come out with something good and soon, But I reckon it will be mini by the looks

I am on the mini waiting list
Was hoping DV would come out with something good and soon, But I reckon it will be mini by the looks
My understanding, from the rumors swirling around, is that the heating method will be different with the Dynavap IH. I could be wayyyy off base with this.... and hopefull more information will start coming out on it.

I missed the Dynavap Live vid last night on 'heating tips.' I was hoping they might give out a bit of info on the IH there... did anyone catch it?

All this said, I love my Skeletor from @Pipes so I think getting a Mini from him would be a great idea. :thumbsup:

And welcome to the forum @felvapes ....:biggrin:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back