Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories Dynavap And Other Induction Heaters

I have a 2021 one of these coming whenever they ship? Which I was promised a couple of weeks ago by SourceVapes CS when I contacted them with reservations about my drunken, maybe somewhat misguided NYE purchase. To which I was reassured it would do so on time 1/15.... Nope.:

1611424243650.png

"WAVE4" will get you 40% off this Vaporware...: https://www.sourcevapes.com/products/alpine-2020

To Trumpian. To many apostrophes, spelling mistakes and pseudo flourishes, detracts from the message. Maybe you are stoned
Quick story: 1991 in FRANCE at a factory as a xpat for the USA this guy from MANCHESTER, ENGLAND looked at the 6-page’s of correction’s written down on a sheet of A-6 paper needed to comply with international law’s on safety.
He read the page’s of finding’s and commented on the one word I wrote wrong: there / their the later being the proper word?
Coffee out and not yet medicated with CANNABIS the CIVILIZED remedy for many illness?
Welcome to madness!

Last edited:
To many apostrophes, spelling mistakes and pseudo flourishes,
Haha, I thought English was a second language for @ataxian when I first read some messages but it turned out he is an old swamp rat (surfer)
Maybe you are stoned
No ifs buts or maybes involved...stoned immaculate! :whipit:

To which I was reassured it would do so on time 1/15.... Nope.:
I hope it shows up (and works better than the original batch) as it is a good looking unit...

I got an Apollo 2 for Christmas. I hadn't been using my other IH's regularly, what with being distracted by other toys and caps falling off. Finally squished a few caps, and decided to devote myself to the Apollo 2. Fixing the caps helped, but there was still the dreaded Learning Curve. I went from respecting the click to fearing it. I learned to take a dynavap apart and clean it, then do it again, and again. Three times in two days. I got so stoned, it was difficult to focus, but focus happened.
I like not having to think about batteries. I like that I'm catching on to how to use the Apollo. I wonder if I should have gotten the Apollo 2, but am fine with this IH staying put.

I got an Apollo 2 for Christmas. I hadn't been using my other IH's regularly, what with being distracted by other toys and caps falling off. Finally squished a few caps, and decided to devote myself to the Apollo 2. Fixing the caps helped, but there was still the dreaded Learning Curve. I went from respecting the click to fearing it. I learned to take a dynavap apart and clean it, then do it again, and again. Three times in two days. I got so stoned, it was difficult to focus, but focus happened.
I like not having to think about batteries. I like that I'm catching on to how to use the Apollo. I wonder if I should have gotten the Apollo 2, but am fine with this IH staying put.

I have a 2021 one of these coming whenever they ship? Which I was promised a couple of weeks ago by SourceVapes CS when I contacted them with reservations about my drunken, maybe somewhat misguided NYE purchase. To which I was reassured it would do so on time 1/15.... Nope.:

View attachment 23922
"WAVE4" will get you 40% off this Vaporware...: https://www.sourcevapes.com/products/alpine-2020
Did you get this already, @Bologna? My IH came, and doesn't work, at all. I emailed to explain, and was told they were sending a return label. No label was attached, so I emailed back. They said they sent it to an old email I once used to get sales alerts, but I no longer have. I explained the email I was using, and used throughout, was my only email. I was thanked, and again, the label was sent to my old email. I'd been told that I had a week to get the IH returned, and I hated to think the clock was running when I didn't even have a label, or way to get one. There was a confusing explanation of not being able to send to my current email.
I phoned Tech Support at Source, and it took awhile, but notice of a label was sent to my correct email, only there was no label attached. This happened twice, and I said I'd go ahead and pay for return and give the emails to the bank to show I couldn't get a label, and get charges canceled. At that point, Randall sent a label from his own email, and I got a label.
I took pictures of the IH, to see if the same one is returned, and got tracking.
I don't feel good about the IH not working.
I don't feel good that an old email was used, repeatedly, to send the label to, especially with a time limit that was running out.
I don't feel good that I was sent two notices of labels, but they weren't attached.
I don't feel good that I called Tech Support, and the company has such trouble getting a return label out. How can they build a working vape, when I know more about attaching labels to an email? I got the distinct impression that they didn't want to send the return label at all.

I have heard that the SV IH is very problematic, looks great but as you have found not very reliable.
I hope you get it sorted...nothing much worse than a DOA vape, maybe poor service after said stuffed vape!

Did you get this already, @Bologna? My IH came, and doesn't work, at all. I emailed to explain, and was told they were sending a return label. No label was attached, so I emailed back. They said they sent it to an old email I once used to get sales alerts, but I no longer have. I explained the email I was using, and used throughout, was my only email. I was thanked, and again, the label was sent to my old email. I'd been told that I had a week to get the IH returned, and I hated to think the clock was running when I didn't even have a label, or way to get one. There was a confusing explanation of not being able to send to my current email.
I phoned Tech Support at Source, and it took awhile, but notice of a label was sent to my correct email, only there was no label attached. This happened twice, and I said I'd go ahead and pay for return and give the emails to the bank to show I couldn't get a label, and get charges canceled. At that point, Randall sent a label from his own email, and I got a label.
I took pictures of the IH, to see if the same one is returned, and got tracking.
I don't feel good about the IH not working.
I don't feel good that an old email was used, repeatedly, to send the label to, especially with a time limit that was running out.
I don't feel good that I was sent two notices of labels, but they weren't attached.
I don't feel good that I called Tech Support, and the company has such trouble getting a return label out. How can they build a working vape, when I know more about attaching labels to an email? I got the distinct impression that they didn't want to send the return label at all.
Hi... No (I know you now know this from the other place), for some reason a tiny little thing like this takes from 2/16 to 2/25 to get from Vegas to Bahston...? Good ol' "cheapest, slowest" from the USPS/Randall...

No surprises here tho... I've had issues with pretty much every order/purchase/interaction I've had with them since Nov 24, 2017 (doesn't matter who's running that place, apparently.)

Glad you got your return in... what a horror show. seriously. They find ways for me to hate them more with every interaction. It's actually kind of amazing in sad, twisted way..... Worst. Vape. Company. Ever.

(I'm not sure why, but I'm still hoping for a "good one")

FC repost:

Mine came in a day early yesterday afternoon as I had hoped. The smaller tightly packed product box was shipped in a much larger box with a couple of small scraps of craft paper as packing material, so it bounced around in there freely throughout it's entire journey...

I unboxed it and pressed the button and three of four lights turned on... packed an '18 Ti tip with GG#4 x I95 and a well used "4:20" cap (also '18). Took about 8 seconds to click twice which happened pretty much at the same time... light vapor and great taste... to be expected! Next go, same... did about 5 total 5-8 hit caps until the battery died... I prefer to go about 2-3 secs past the instant double clicks for thicker vapor. All the AVB was perfectly browned. Charged to full (red and green lights blinking on charger, 4 lit on unit?) in about an hour... It works as described as far as I can tell and so far I'm very happy with the performance! It's a little bigger and quite a bit heavier than I expected.

Now the bad:

The anodized thick metal shell came out of the box dinged up all over like it had been dropped and bounced around on all the edges... Hopefully this was before the electronics were installed...:
447AE3CF-CAB4-4004-943C-760EBF237571.jpeg 239D1DEC-5464-4D71-8701-AA0C3CBA88C7.jpeg E2883335-0D61-4CEC-A9B8-ACA66B9C2FE3.jpeg 88622031-3908-4BD4-A334-C87C877093A4.jpeg 4C1AA724-4DBD-49A5-9DAD-0E6070BE6D78.jpeg 1564512C-4318-486D-B954-B229AB0670A4.jpeg
The wood has many rather light but very noticeable cross-grain scratches on it (annoying but not a huge deal), one of the rubber screw plugs sticks out (I can trim that with an exacto), the charging cable is too short and there's no case and basically no directions or any printed materials included in the box.

Time to contact Source... not looking forward to it either.

EDIT:

Just went to do a cap after the recharge this morning and when I press the tip in, the red glass light blinks instead of stays on as before, and it doesn't heat up (barely gets warm) properly. Plug in the charger (lights on charger blink red and green) and plug it into the unit with it turned on (4 lights on) and when I press the tip in, the red glass light stays on and it heats up fine... so, as of right now, the only way it works is when it's plugged in... UGH.

ALREADY BROKEN

Last edited:
Another repost:

I lost my connection on the PC whilst chatting to them on their website so I called the number... and to my surprise Randall picked up!
I have have to admit, he was very helpful and accommodating with the only caveat being that they "don't have an extra to send" until they receive the return... but he upgraded the shipping to Priority... and the devices are all being packed better. I can wait another week or so for a proper unit, no biggie...

What a difference good, live conversation can make... totally changed my opinion of him, not Source... yet.

Edit: btw, pass-through charging is not supposed to work...

Last edited:
Starting to think my spate of bad luck looking for and purchasing vaping products is actually good luck
From some of the descriptions it appears everything is rushed except the shipping
Probably just wait until I can go to a physical store that has inventory in a year or so
My dial volcano is still going strong

Starting to think my spate of bad luck looking for and purchasing vaping products is actually good luck
From some of the descriptions it appears everything is rushed except the shipping
Probably just wait until I can go to a physical store that has inventory in a year or so
My dial volcano is still going strong
In my case it's poor QC (in Asia and here), of course, but in addition to that, it's poor product packaging, poor shipping packaging and poor logistics.... these big/little guys are looking to cut costs anywhere they can ("free zippered case to the first 30 2021 buyers", anyone...?) and it is relatively cheap and a decent enough design for the $, I suppose... but it needs to work... and work well if treated well, for a couple or years at least. That's it. This is just a vape accessory tho, and not integral, so I can wait til things get ironed out (hopefully).

If you don't already have a DynaVap, and the manual dexterity required, I very strongly recommend purchasing one and right away, too. Every serious flower vaper absolutely needs such a bullet-proof "zombie apocalypse", dugout-type device in their arsenal, without question, even if you don't prefer it.

Unfortunately, many good vaping products are only available to most, if not all, online...

S&B is as close to an "Apple" product as you're gonna get in the vaping world, also unfortunately, and not cuz I think their products are bad, but only cuz I want more good "S&B-like" products available. (I don't care for the "Black & Decker" aesthetics and much prefer solid on-demand, micro-dosing options... these are my main reasons for not owning any if you must know...:razz2:)

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back