Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Yeah, I know whatcha mean. I am, however, leaning toward teal for the Aristocrat.

However, my concern, as MOM also pointed out, is that some of these glass stems appear not to be all that durable. I don't think Sneaky Pete's VC glass is "boro" so that may explain a less expensive price and consequently a less durable glass...time will tell!

/

In trading email with someone, Pete maybe, at SPV I've learned that "recently" they were "caught in the crossfire" of PayPal "cracking down on" the vape industry.

In short, they explained to me that they are no longer accepting PayPal as a method of payment. I'm okay with that if I'm dealing with a retailer like PIU, for instance. I continue to happily do business with them by directly using my credit card. But I'm not really okay with it when I'm dealing with a relative newcomer to the vape retailing business.

I think that I will pass on SPV third party accessories for now.

Received some DDave screens & I am quite impressed with them. I particularly like how the screen is about the perfect coarseness for my VC grind.

Love that heat treat @Kurtdigglur & the Caldron is a great bit of kit.

In trading email with someone, Pete maybe, at SPV I've learned that "recently" they were "caught in the crossfire" of PayPal "cracking down on" the vape industry.

In short, they explained to me that they are no longer accepting PayPal as a method of payment. I'm okay with that if I'm dealing with a retailer like PIU, for instance. I continue to happily do business with them by directly using my credit card. But I'm not really okay with it when I'm dealing with a relative newcomer to the vape retailing business.

I think that I will pass on SPV third party accessories for now.

QCTQ.DV-3D_L-2T.jpg

Speaking of @PIU !!!

EDIT: So I went ahead and ordered a couple of these pretty things, the Jade and the Yellow! I'll report back on the quality of the glass.

Last edited:
First off, I want to thank my, former, Michigan home boy @MistVape for the opportunity to try this. :biggrin: He sent me one of his beaded glass cooling stems to check out last week. Really a nice little stem; made to fit inside a Dynastash. It has a nice little Paduak mouthpiece.

IMG_5755.JPG

One thing about this particular stem is that it seems to be made of a bit thicker glass than the other one I have from Glass Charlie. And the tip seems to seat a bit tighter as well. I feel like it's a sturdier stem. And using a glass stem gives such nice flavor. This one reminds me a little of the OG Dynavap; probably because of it's size more than anything. Here is a pic of it with the spiky glass stem from Glass Charlie and the 2018 M for size comparison...

IMG_5757.JPG

From the Mistvape website:

These are glass stems that accept the Dynavap tips. The glass is 50 mm long and has glass beads sealed into the stem to provide cooling of the vapor. They include a bocote wood mouthpiece. Dynavap tip NOT included. The stem, wood mouthpiece and Dynavap tip are 102 mm long and will fit in the Futo stash.

They sell for $45 US.

I'd like to see one made a little longer but that's my own personal likes.... I think it would cool the vapor a bit more. But for someone who would like a glass stem and wants to store it in a stash, this stem is a good choice.

Gotta love these after market makers......

@Moses Baca RWW seems to be making some interesting things, Glass never goes out of style for me, curious if he using "Boro"

@momofthegoons cooling beads are the bees knees ey:buzz: the "Ice" cap looks about similar length to the M, so can fit in a stash.
going to attempt at making one, there is a head shop around the corner from me, $5 chillum, curious if Michaels has them glass bead$ for bedazzling? :science:

I found small quantities of glass beads on etsy but I haven't bought any yet. I could only find large amounts on Amazon. The vapor seems pretty cool without the beads but I'll probably grab some at some point, just to try them out.
Please let us know how it goes, @Moses Baca . Maybe @ddave will start offering glass beads. We need a reasonable source for sure.

Yall killing me with your lovely intact glass stems. Unfortunately dropped my XXL Glass Charlie with 10mmjoint mp, after many great months of use. For me glass definitely had a slight but noticeable increase in flavour.

they explained to me that they are no longer accepting PayPal as a method of payment.
Noooo!! www.vapenorth.ca is my main goto for all vape related products. Sneaky been great to deal with customer service wise... I always have to message him so I can get a PayPal invoice.

PIU isn't in Canada? What online vapeshops are my fellow Canadians using?

I even tried using my Enano Ice stem with the VC however the ID is too large to fit the cap in.

Do you have some spare O rings by chance? I have added O rings to tips a few times to get the right fit with glass. Looks like you are pretty close with the E Nano stem. Nice avatar change :biggrin:.

I have been doing some more testing on the @ddave Ti screens & they are the shit. They seem to remove a small amount of restriction when paired with a water piece & GonG.

One thing I noticed is when using the OG the click is very quiet in my IH compared to a G4 Ti tip. This is using the same cap too but the Ti is at least twice as loud.

I have been doing some more testing on the @ddave Ti screens & they are the shit.
I just got mine in the mail and I will confirm that they do reduce draw resistance compared to a CCD. The Ti weave is nice and wide to allow this.
I noted that 1 of the Ti screens looked a bit turned up around the edge so a tap with a hammer on a flat surface soon flattened it out completely and made for a very nice fti in the tip, it will not fall out by itself, that's for sure.:thumbsup:
Much more testing to come.:myday:
Get them here;
https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p86/VapCap_Mesh_Screen_Replacements.html

The version 2 hulas from SPV are a tight secure fit now. V1 was too loose IMO but did include some extra o rings to secure the tip better. I didn't like the fact u had to do a mod on a new product to feel safe and Pete told me to keep them and sent 3 of the V2s at no charge. Thanks Pete!
20190606_150923.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back