Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
I’ve heard good things about the wand but I get great flavour and not Charing with a torch, funny how were all different eh, no interest in IH’s myself, I actually like the torch aspect of these vapes, the flame on the blazer didn’t look extreme like the big shot GT 8000, it looked like a thick flame so no use, the hot shot has a slimmer flame which would suit better, getting a good torch in Scotland seems 2 be fucking impossible right now and vapefiend options are limited for torches.

Last edited:
I’ve heard good things about the wand but I get great flavour and not Charing with a torch, funny how were all different eh, no interest in IH’s myself, I actually like the torch aspect of these vapes, the flame on the blazer didn’t look extreme like the big shot GT 8000, it looked like a thick flame so no use, the hot shot has a slimmer flame which would suit better, getting a good torch in Scotland seems 2 be fucking impossible right now and vapefiend options are limited for torches.
The smaller torch in my pic has the thin single flame

It worked on the DV but it's not optimal, too much heat
There is slight char with a torch in the dv around the very edge
You can't always notice

I hate the crackiness of the torch
And the wand smashes it especially the repeated results without concentration

You obviously were interested in IH to have forked out that much for two of pipes expensive IH devices
They just tainted your impression I reckon

Wand is a different thing all together
Yea I get flavour and all you say with a torch

The wand is better and different and much better for flavour because it's gentle heating unlike a torch and saves more terpines

But yea - a big crack torch isn't what a dv needs
A smaller jet lighter with 2-3 flames is the go if you must use butane
You can get great results with practice and a decent torch

The wand doesn't need refilling and works better though imo

Hope you find what makes you happy though

I buy all my shit from the internet and from OS
I'm in ausland
I'm sure you can find what you want and get it sent to you

I’m really NOT interested in IH’s so please stop recommending them to me (will never buy an IH again), I’m a torch user 100%, never had any charring people go on about, I also heat as low as I can on my cap and I only use single flames, have done for over 2 years, has any one ever used a blazer hot shot with a Dynavap, asking people with experience only with said torch and a dyna. I also use a cap that clicks then 7 seconds later clicks again(my old late clicker), great cap for hitting through water which I do 99% of the time.

Last edited:
@Demonic chronic I own a Blazer Hot Shot 5000 which would be way too much flame; even at it's lowest setting. But I'm seeing that the 3000 series is a micro torch... and it could very well be something that would work well. But that's my opinion... I haven't tried it. Looking at this vid, the flame does seems to get small enough.

Here in the states we have a lot of 'smoke shops' aimed at tobacco users that have now sort of turned towards the cannabis market as well for pipes, etc. Do you have anything like that over there? I would think they would have lighters aimed towards pipe users and you might be able to find exactly what you are looking for.

@Demonic chronic I own a Blazer Hot Shot 5000 which would be way too much flame; even at it's lowest setting. But I'm seeing that the 3000 series is a micro torch... and it could very well be something that would work well. But that's my opinion... I haven't tried it. Looking at this vid, the flame does seems to get small enough.

Here in the states we have a lot of 'smoke shops' aimed at tobacco users that have now sort of turned towards the cannabis market as well for pipes, etc. Do you have anything like that over there? I would think they would have lighters aimed towards pipe users and you might be able to find exactly what you are looking for.

Thanks for the input, we got no shops like that here, I live in the Scottish countryside, not even a shop at all in my village haha, aye a thought the flame looked like it was small/thin enough for a dyna, most people r saying it’s 2 powerful but dunno if they’ve used a hot shot on a dyna, but they heat 2 the same temp as a normal torch. Might end up buying the hot shot tomorrow as needing a torch as some as I can and vapefiend are open Tomorrow, I’m using little pocket torches which need constant filling for now which is a pain in the arse.

Last edited:
I'd bet 'most people' have used a Blazer for dabs... and have used the larger, and more powerful, units. Not trying to spend your money since it's not exactly a cheap torch..... Have you reached out to Vapefiend and asked their opinion?
It’s not that expensive think the hot shots only about £35, aye a did reach out 2 vapefiend and they said it could deffo be used with a Dynavap on low, but I also thought I’d ask on here to see if anyone hand some hands on experience with one in the real world (i can’t even find a pic of 1 in someone’s hand for size reference), thought wouldn’t hurt to ask before I make a purchase. Edit-I also asked around elsewhere. It seems no one’s used a hot shot or something, maybe there not popular?, and aye the big flame blazer torches for dabbing are useless here and way overkill, (will always be illegal here) as we don’t get concentrates for dabbing, only bud as if that’s a bad thing hahah:lol:. Edit-people saying elsewhere it too powerful so I dunno now:thinker:

Last edited:
It’s not that expensive think the hot shots only about £35, aye a did reach out 2 vapefiend and they said it could deffo be used with a Dynavap on low, but I also thought I’d ask on here to see if anyone hand some hands on experience with one in the real world (i can’t even find a pic of 1 in someone’s hand for size reference), thought wouldn’t hurt to ask before I make a purchase. Edit-I also asked around elsewhere. It seems no one’s used a hot shot or something, maybe there not popular?, and aye the big flame blazer torches for dabbing are useless here and way overkill, (will always be illegal here) as we don’t get concentrates for dabbing, only bud as if that’s a bad thing hahah:lol:. Edit-people saying elsewhere it too powerful so I dunno now:thinker:
"People" have experience with torches for various purposes
As I mentioned - the smaller torch I have is similar to the hotshot in flame size and although it works it is not optimal

I wasn't pushing shit on you and didn't feel the tone of your last reply
The wand if you ever get to try one will change your mind
I was simply sharing information
You asked - I replied with the answer it seems you were looking for - NO that torch won't be optimal for the dv but will probably work
Although the smaller looking flame seems the same size as a small jet lighter - there is much more butane and power being used and it is more powerful and hotter - I know as I have a few lighters I used and compared flames visually and in practice
Flames looked similar on some lighters but have very different power

The smaller 2-3 flame lighters are better for dv - they work better with a gentle heating (actually why pipes ih units are not so great, they heat too quickly and aggressively)

So yea the wand wins (my opinion and experience)

If you must use butane (oh wait I did say this and so wasn't pushing anything) a smaller jet lighter will work better

To me the one advantage of a torch is that it is pocketable and better for portability and outdoor use
A huge crack torch defeats that purpose

I make my own rosin and feco
We live in ausland and have no extracts here either
Dabs are great lol, I hate torches for dabbing too
Hate butane and any chance of contamination

Small jet lighters or gentle heating IH work best for DV

Good luck in finding what you like
(Think I said that before too)

Last edited:
"People" have experience with torches for various purposes
As I mentioned - the smaller torch I have is similar to the hotshot in flame size and although it works it is not optimal

I wasn't pushing shit on you and didn't feel the tone of your last reply
The wand if you ever get to try one will change your mind
I was simply sharing information
You asked - I replied with the answer it seems you were looking for - NO that torch won't be optimal for the dv but will probably work
Although the smaller looking flame seems the same size as a small jet lighter - there is much more butane and power being used and it is more powerful and hotter - I know as I have a few lighters I used and compared flames visually and in practice
Flames looked similar on some lighters but have very different power

The smaller 2-3 flame lighters are better for dv - they work better with a gentle heating (actually why pipes ih units are not so great, they heat too quickly and aggressively)

So yea the wand wins (my opinion and experience)

If you must use butane (oh wait I did say this and so wasn't pushing anything) a smaller jet lighter will work better

To me the one advantage of a torch is that it is pocketable and better for portability and outdoor use
A huge crack torch defeats that purpose

I make my own rosin
We live in ausland and have no extracts here either
Dabs are great lol, I hate torches for dabbing too
Hate butane and any chance of contamination

Small jet lighters or gentle heating IH work best for DV

Good luck in finding what you like
(Think I said that before too)
But the hot shot isn’t that big of a torch compared to the huge big shot GT 8000, and I have absolutely no desire to ever try a wand or any other IH, just my preference bud (hate IH’s altogether), as is said I like the fact this thing uses a torch, I don’t need to plug shit in or charge anything.

But the hot shot isn’t that big of a torch compared to the huge big shot GT 8000, and I have absolutely no desire to ever try a wand or any other IH, just my preference bud (hate IH’s altogether), as is said I like the fact this thing uses a torch, I don’t need to plug shit in or charge anything.
Desire or not
You get to try a wand you will most likely change your mind - trust
You don't plug a wand in it is cordless
Recharging batteries is a lot less of an issue than refilling gas and costs less and you don't inhale butane

Regardless - let's stop going in circles for no purpose at all
You have been given a couple of responses regarding the torch

You didn't want to hear me because I know the wand is good and that made you ignore all my torch information

Motg gave some input
You found elsewhere that others have also stated that the torch is not good

At some point rather than debate - you can absorb the information, make a decision and then go out and give it a whirl
You will find out what works for you and what doesn't

There seems to be quite a few ppl who think that torch won't be optimal even if it works - re read my flame size vs butane power part in previous msg
This would indicate to me it's not the go

You can debate about the size or you can take peoples word for the answer to the question you asked
Or you can buy one and see for yourself
Or buy a different more appropriate lighter
The smaller jet lighters are better as the dv works better with a gentle non aggressive heat up
I would think that if you must use butane buying a more expensive and reliable small lighter would work better than a big crack/dab torch
That's what I have read other users do - they get sick of cheap ones dying so buy a higher quality, but still smaller flamed torch lighter
Again it's better for portability too

Also unless you are not fully extracting your weed
Even though you may not notice it - the very edge does get a slight char with a torch - it may be negligible and you might miss it as you scrape out all the avb and mix it up
But it does happen slightly as the aggressive heating manner of the torch hits

Have a vapey day and good luck in finding what will make you happy with your device

@Squiby is a dv hoarder as far as I know - maybe they have a torch preference?
I think @CarolKing also had shared lighters they use in the past
Unless I'm having a stoner moment and got those two names wrong hahaa

Last edited:
I think we can all agree that vaping, on the whole, is subjective. Some people love desktops.... some only like portables. Some love the DV with a torch... some prefer an IH. There really isn't any 'right' way to do it.... or even a 'best' way. It's all about what you, the individual, enjoy the most. There is a definite 'crowd' of users that love the butane vapes; whether it be a StickyBrick or a DV, etc.

For me, using an IH with the DV is the ticket because I can't get a hit without combusting with a torch. But... @Squiby , for instance, uses mainly torches. She has DV's squirreled away in different areas of the house for convenience. It wouldn't be practical to have that many IH's lol.. Plus she likes using a torch (correct me if I'm wrong Squibs...).

@Demonic chronic whichever torch you end up getting, I'd love to hear your findings.

Desire or not
You get to try a wand you will most likely change your mind - trust
You don't plug a wand in it is cordless
Recharging batteries is a lot less of an issue than refilling gas and costs less and you don't inhale butane

Regardless - let's stop going in circles for no purpose at all
You have been given a couple of responses regarding the torch

You didn't want to hear me because I know the wand is good and that made you ignore all my torch information

Motg gave some input
You found elsewhere that others have also stated that the torch is not good

At some point rather than debate - you can absorb the information, make a decision and then go out and give it a whirl
You will find out what works for you and what doesn't

There seems to be quite a few ppl who think that torch won't be optimal even if it works - re read my flame size vs butane power part in previous msg
This would indicate to me it's not the go

You can debate about the size or you can take peoples word for the answer to the question you asked
Or you can buy one and see for yourself
Or buy a different more appropriate lighter
The smaller jet lighters are better as the dv works better with a gentle non aggressive heat up
I would think that if you must use butane buying a more expensive and reliable small lighter would work better than a big crack/dab torch
That's what I have read other users do - they get sick of cheap ones dying so buy a higher quality, but still smaller flamed torch lighter
Again it's better for portability too

Also unless you are not fully extracting your weed
Even though you may not notice it - the very edge does get a slight char with a torch - it may be negligible and you might miss it as you scrape out all the avb and mix it up
But it does happen slightly as the aggressive heating manner of the torch hits

Have a vapey day and good luck in finding what will make you happy with your device

@Squiby is a dv hoarder as far as I know - maybe they have a torch preference?
I think @CarolKing also had shared lighters they use in the past
Unless I'm having a stoner moment and got those two names wrong hahaa
You still have to charge it, seriously people STOP this shit about induction heater please, I hate IH so please respect my preference, stop mentioning the wand to me, I do not want it and I don’t want to spend £145 either. And I never get charring with a torch ever, and yes my bud is evenly vaped, when I used induction heaters in the past my bud would be greener on the inside not evenly vaped at all.
edit-thanks @momofthegoons, will probs buy and try a hot shot as it’ll be the only way to find out if it’ll suit my situation.

Last edited:
You still have to charge it, seriously people STOP this shit about induction heater please, I hate IH so please respect my preference, stop mentioning the wand to me, I do not want it and I don’t want to spend £145 either. And I never get charring with a torch ever, and yes my bud is evenly vaped, when I used induction heaters in the past my bud would be greener on the inside not evenly vaped at all.
Let's keep biting and arguing lol

Have you made any choices about your lighter or just focused on having a go?

There's good conversation points in everyone's posts about torches
Even mine
But you have chosen to ignore those and try for the combative approach and focused on what you don't want and ensuring you police my talk of the wand
It's cool to not want to try one - the attitude and response is a bit aggressive mate - you at one point in time paid for two expensive units from pipes so were interested enough once - because someone tries to offer you the explanation of how different a new product is, doesn't mean you have to be so upset about it even if you have been turned off your original interest
The wand is not a better version of the PSM (which I have as a paper weight)
It is better than a torch - the most even avb I've ever seen out of the dv
And moot point about charging lol - lighters need refilling and it costs more, can swap batteries quick in a wand no waiting
So you don't have to want it, but you can hear what is being said
Same as you seemed to argue with multiple reports back to your question about the hotshot because you feel you know better
Yu don't have to take any advice, but no need to get shitty with people for giving you information, especially when you ask for it in regards to the hotshot

For the record I paid less than $90 + post USD for my wand - for anyone who is interested - shop around
I always said the other IH were overpriced and my $10 home made was better tasting with slower heating, but the wand has made me like the dv more

I'm glad you feel happy with your torch and unoticeable charring
I respect that you choose lighters and say you prefer to go that way - that's okay it's up to you
I tagged a couple of members that motg also mentioned ,who are dv users that post about torch choices
You could also focus on that part if you would like a more productive communication that get you the results you're looking for.....

Let us know your decision, results, choices, experience, purchase as I'm sure we all would be interested

Most members here are keen to learn each other's experience and preference
It helps us make choices and try new thing that sometimes are better or we hadn't known or thought about - even we end up liking something different to other members
Knowledge hurts no one

Especially modding and different ways to use than factory

Have a good day
Go have a vape buddy and get stoney

Hopefully @CarolKing or @Squiby will have some suggestions for you

EDIT
For the record - one thing I love about the dv is that it's my zombie apocalypse vape
The day my solar panels and batteries die and I'm in the bush and have run out of butane -my dv will work in a fire with a soft flame - what a vape

EDIT EDIT
I just saw your edit
So after asking here and in a few other places and getting the general consensus that the hot shot either won't work or will work but is probably not optimal - you decided to get one
Not sure why the questions at all if you were just doing so anyway
You seem to have convinced yourself that is the lighter to try
I hope it works out for you and we are all wrong
If not hopefully one of the tagged members who are torch users will have suggestions for you.....if you trust their experience and opinions
Let us know how you go for other people to learn from your experience

Last edited:
NOT interested in an IH, TORCH USER 100%, charging takes time, I fill a torch in seconds. You keep going on and you will be getting ignored. All you talk about is IH so please don’t talk to me about it as I have no interest which I’ve mentioned several times that you seem to ignore, find someone else who has interest in IH’s (not me). As I said please respect my preference.

Last edited:
@Demonic chronic I'm a Vapcap fan and use a variety of heating methods to vape. I love their versatility. I tend to use small jet lighters because I live in a remote location where electricity can sometimes be a challenge. My favorite is the Aomai lighter.

They are inexpensive and work. I have maybe 20 of them and have only had one fail. It still works but the switch is loose. The tank is small so I rotate through them and then fill them all up at once. They have a fuel window and are conveniently the same size and shape as a Vapcap so they fit nicely in a pocket. You don't have to hold down an ignition switch so your thumb doesn't get sore.

Its a single flame jet lighter. My method is to focus the flame in a zip zag pattern along the base of the cap as I twirl.

If you are OK with a small tank that needs frequent filling, I highly recommend this model.

@Demonic chronic I'm a Vapcap fan and use a variety of heating methods to vape. I love their versatility. I tend to use small jet lighters because I live in a remote location where electricity can sometimes be a challenge. My favorite is the Aomai lighter.

They are inexpensive and work. I have maybe 20 of them and have only had one fail. It still works but the switch is loose. The tank is small so I rotate through them and then fill them all up at once. They have a fuel window and are conveniently the same size and shape as a Vapcap so they fit nicely in a pocket. You don't have to hold down an ignition switch so your thumb doesn't get sore.

Its a single flame jet lighter. My method is to focus the flame in a zip zag pattern along the base of the cap as I twirl.

If you are OK with a small tank that needs frequent filling, I highly recommend this model.
I’ve got sever of those little lighter, I use them if I’m out there great but small (never had a fail), at home I like something with a bigger tank, my previous torch only needed filling once a week.

NOT interested in an IH, TORCH USER 100%, charging takes time, I fill a torch in seconds. You keep going on and you will be getting ignored. All you talk about is IH so please don’t talk to me about it as I have no interest which I’ve mentioned several times that you seem to ignore, find someone else who has interest in IH’s (not me). As I said please respect my preference.
Okay
Now you are just plain aggressive

You purposefully missed EVERY single thing I mentioned that wasn't about the wand - considering you don't want one you think you would respond to the numerous other things I mentioned - about torches -

It take seconds to change batteries - but you purposefully ignored that too because you are being combative and obtuse

Ignore me all you like, that isn't a threat?
How about you don't ignore everyone else who like me said the same thing about torches

And how about you have a vape, sit back and be much less aggressive
No need at all

People are trying to help - even I am sharing info - on torches and the multiple I have used - the reason I know about sizes and power etc is because the slug was a sensitive bitch to use and get the right torch for the correct timing etc
The hot shot among others were recommended by some people for the slug
My small torch is similar by the looks as I said
I used the bigger one for the slug though and the smaller one, although it worked was not as good for dv as others
Just because I also share information about the wand - and in response to your described experience with certain IH and I know the difference - does not mean you have to be aggressive

Focus on the torch talk and communicate
Chill bud chill
It's all vapey in here mate

Anyway
Please communicate better - with everyone
And please dont be so aggressive with me
We on the internet not face to face

We all here to help
Take it or leave it

torch only needed filling once a week.
SmartSelect_20220509-143759_Samsung Internet.jpg

SmartSelect_20220509-144020_Samsung Internet.jpg

at home I like something with a bigger tank, my previous torch only needed filling once a week.
I have a couple quad jet Honest brand desk style lighters that have a huge tank. They do tend to get plugged up over time though but they have been pretty good overall and the vapcap can sit nicely on its lid as you twirl.

Amazon product ASIN B0776QN5JR

Okay
Now you are just plain aggressive

You purposefully missed EVERY single thing I mentioned that wasn't about the wand - considering you don't want one you think you would respond to the numerous other things I mentioned - about torches -

It take seconds to change batteries - but you purposefully ignored that too because you are being combative and obtuse

Ignore me all you like, that isn't a threat?
How about you don't ignore everyone else who like me said the same thing about torches

And how about you have a vape, sit back and be much less aggressive
No need at all

People are trying to help - even I am sharing info - on torches and the multiple I have used - the reason I know about sizes and power etc is because the slug was a sensitive bitch to use and get the right torch for the correct timing etc
The hot shot among others were recommended by some people for the slug
My small torch is similar by the looks as I said
I used the bigger one for the slug though and the smaller one, although it worked was not as good for dv as others
Just because I also share information about the wand - and in response to your described experience with certain IH and I know the difference - does not mean you have to be aggressive

Focus on the torch talk and communicate
Chill bud chill
It's all vapey in here mate

Anyway
Please communicate better - with everyone
And please dont be so aggressive with me
We on the internet not face to face

We all here to help
Take it or leave it
Your the only one being aggressive and pushy, you were told I don’t like IH and I’ve no interest in a wand I’ve asked you to leave me alone and you ignore it several times, so you have been IGNORED for your constant irritating replies.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back