Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
@momofthegoons will the M and @Ed's TnT stems be strictly for the WS or do you intend on succumbing to the click???
Well... it wouldn't be the first or the last time I've succumbed to something so I have a feeling I might be clicking. :lol:

Plus your wood stems are insane. I feel the need.... So who knows where this may go? Not 4/20 yet...:tongue:

Well... it wouldn't be the first or the last time I've succumbed to something so I have a feeling I might be clicking. :lol:

Plus your wood stems are insane. I feel the need.... So who knows where this may go? Not 4/20 yet...:tongue:
Do it Mom. I promise you that you won't regret it! :biggrin:

Five caps, left to right
First cap I got minus the logo and digger. I think this was a Pyro cap second one, old logo, had a full length digger until I cut it down. Third, black cap, fourth
hRRXggL.jpg

@Cuckfumbustion the caps fit well but I would not be happy that it would stay in place given the nature of the activity, outdoor use is tricky when the wind picks up so you may want to see if you could mod a torch so it was 'wind proof'. It doesn't take much of a breeze to move the jets about.
Here's 2 versions of how I achieved a go anywhere lighter. This one is my current set up.
Af3dTupm.jpg
dhQzAsCm.jpg
1sTsO3km.jpg

First try with this torch was in SS but it got too hot, next time I used a piece of aluminium which gives up the heat better.
UxLc9wKm.jpg
mnH6HOcm.jpg
uOe3ezsm.jpg

The Hong Jing one works best as there are no gaps for the wind to get thru.
The Aomai one 'leaks' where the hinge for the lid is but it still does the job, just not as well.

@phattpiggie Like the idea behind both setups. Especially how you modded the dollar store flashlight that already has the texture on the outside for easier grippage.
I do plan on having some sort of wind sheild setup and have both a heat dissipating in the summer and heat absorb/ cozy setup for the winter.

Lighters are a whole other realm of acquisition syndrome and research. Tons of cigar and rugged torches of different sizes to choose from. Some with wind shields of their own.

Once I get to know the feel my 'M', it will be easier to come up with a goof friendly setup. I have some magnets of my own and several odd containers to work with.

I'm about to pull the trigger on my first one. It's gonna be the M, together with a dynastash and lighter.

Am I missing something?

Grab some spare:
Also I hear (don't have one myself) that the Fat Mouthpiece works well as a 14mm MonG (:idon'tknow:) adapter.

Their maintenance kits include various arrangements of these components with discounts so it's worth checking those out just in case you want their Wax or Pipe Cleaners or Tubes. The tubes are actually quite handy but if you are getting the DynaStash you'll probably not need one.

@Baron23 here's the Ti I have, left to right.
First gen, 8mm bowl. Second, 8.6mm and 2 extra fins all deeper both outsourced. Third, 8.7mm adjustabowl, left hand rifling.
Fourth, 8.7mm adjustabowl, right hand rifled, both made in house.
I know there have been a few tweaks as manufacturing has gone on so there may well be other versions of the tips.
I also have 5 different caps, blackened, digger less, two different width diggers with the old logo and the new logo one.
i9ZT1cf.jpg

q0IdnJ5.jpg

1/3rd green 2/3 kief bowls. Ever lasting, I had to put it down a couple of times and come back to it. Massive vapor production.

@Cuckfumbustion I'd be looking for a Ti or aluminium case with a cord, the cap could go missing, or keep it with your torch.

@momofthegoons will the M and @Ed's TnT stems be strictly for the WS or do you intend on succumbing to the click???

Sale time at DV never ceases to amaze me, never.
@Stevenski said it best.
uM2r2L1.jpg
Hi Piggie - this was extraordinarily useful. Below are the three different Ti tip types that I have.
My tips.jpeg

Far left is the original that came with my Ti Woody and its clearly a Gen 2, outside manf, with seven cooling fins.
Middle is sort of a Gen 2.5 that never really made it out. Its a Gen 2 but with thinner walls that George was investigating and gave me one to see if it would help with the awful draw resistance I had with my Gen 2. Seven cooling fins, outside manf.
The far right is the one I'm using now. This appears to match up with your Gen 3 shown above. More convection grooves, still has left hand rifling, made in house, looks to have adjust-a-bowl but the CCD grooves aren't as pronounced as they look in your Gen 4 pic.

So, do you think the Gen 4 is significant enough of an improvement to justify buying another tip?

Thanks

Great, thanks, spare parts, totally forgot about them. I'll look into those maintenance kits.

Special thanks for those shop links btw

This seems like a good bundle
https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/accessories/dynakit-light-or-flight

Just read the blurb on that kit and it states: "The feature of this kit is the Cedar DynaStash, not available elsewhere on our website"

So yeh, I'd say that's a good kit :biggrin:

Also here is a nice little mod for the DynaStash: QUICK RELEASE SKEWER SPRINGS, one of those in the VapCap compartment and your VapCap will pop up when you open up the stash, not at all required but I like it.

@Baron23 if the VC keeps snowballing as it has then they will become collectors pieces. A rare 2.5 gen tip by the sounds of it.

As for your question, it's a difficult one. I'm of the mindset that you use something until it stops working then buy another, I don't need the latest shiny toy and I don't have VAS or VCAS or any other AS.

I only bought the 2nd gen tip as I wanted the improvement the extra 2 fins gave.
My 3rd gen tip was a gift, the 4th was paid for by a customer in exchange for a stem.

Making stems means I have to keep up with DV developments. With the newest tips came the possibility of going carbless but I needed one to be sure, hence the exchange.

Do you get good results from the 3rd gen one, for the amount you use it are you happy with it?

If so then you already know my answer.

@phattpiggie, @Baron23 Tx for the side by side gen of tips that were manufactured. I'm guessing that George can mill and refine the tips in house, so more tweaking.

Grab some spare:
That covers the bases without any extras. What I went for but with 2 'M's. Now I need to get familiar with it before it arrives. Vapcap 101. Will get familiar with the vid's and faq's. But would like to be walked through the steps like a pro. Also am I right that you are trying to have the air get hot a little outside the condenser to prime things? Trying to get a visual of what is supposed to be occurring inside to get a better understanding of heating efficiently with the proper clearance and resist unnecessary scorching or uneven heating. I will also take a list of noob mistakes. Really want to get skilled so I can say do it trying to stand on an incline on a hill, under windy conditions. So for now I'll have some of the items that can be re-purposed instead of the dyna stash route. :science: Been on the whole in-the-field training with all my portables enough to avoid loosing/misplacing my parts path early. :ugh:

Got my reply. "This message was sent to you at the request of George Breiwa." with my tracking #.:smile: But USPS is blind to it ATM. :sleeping:.

So there is an outside chance of getting it ON 4/20, but not as likely as of late. But my goal was to reach a decision ON 4/20. SO, Fingers crossed on it's arrival.

When I placed my order and I mentioned that I was an FC member and intended to share my experience in my third msg. Hi George or any of the Dynacap staff, If you are reading this.:wave:

Order placed. So pumped. Customer service so far has been beyond phenomenal.

Cart contents:
Omnivap Amboyna Burl (ooooh pretty)
Omni Amboyna Burl Vong body (more prettys)
Amboyna Burl Dabber (matchey matchey)
Omni Ti body (camping/hiking)
Model M (loaner model)
Dyna Kit basic (disaster/care kit)
Fat Mouthpieces (water sports)

Pics of course to follow :)

Nice to see so many VAS afflicted gathering here. @momofthegoons I can only suggest trying it. It is kinda like crack as one good bellringer & it changes the game forever.

@phattpiggie is absolutely spot on. I look a lot of people with early stage "cunts fucked" when it comes to VAS. That is the thing I love most. Just how out of control it can get without realising it. I caved on the sale & had the best of intentions just to get a tip but then I thought how unfair it was I gave my bro a OG & he deserves better so I ordered him a M but it was no good. I added another Ti XL in Blackwood as that is more worthy but I also added a whole bunch of shit I don't really need but a sale is a sale right?

I've never come across one of these, are they in the dynashop?

:thinker:

Yeah. The Amboyna Burl is available in stems, bodies, VonGs and mps. As well as in complete vaporizer.
You'll find the offered in the Vaporizer and parts sections.

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/parts/stem-vong-burl
https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/parts/body-burl
https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/parts/body-vong-burl-14mm
https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/parts/body-vong-burl-18mm
https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/vaporizers/omni/omnivap/burl
https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/vaporizers/uni/tiwoody-s/burl-body-exotic-mp

That is the thing I love most. Just how out of control it can get without realising it. I caved on the sale & had the best of intentions
well, I am proud to say that I have been able to maintain some semblance of self control during this 420 sale. I only got a few gen 4 tips and caps. But, I am waiting for some @phattpiggie stems.... so I guess my Vapcap obsession is alive and well after all.

Out of control???? Who? Me???:doh:

Last edited:
I caved on the sale & had the best of intentions just to get a tip

That's pretty much what happened to me as well. I went in planning to get an extra tip or two but then I found myself thinking wellll, the tip is a big portion of a whole new Vapcap; why not just get a full Vapcap? But that didn't solve my problem of wanting a tip for my floating stems.. So I went back for another tip..but then a tip is a big portion of a whole new Vapcap; why not just get another full Va... :thinker::idea:. Almost had me stuck in an endless loop there. Luckily I was able to break the cycle before I added more than 3 Vapcaps, but that was a close one.

@Baron23 if the VC keeps snowballing as it has then they will become collectors pieces. A rare 2.5 gen tip by the sounds of it.

As for your question, it's a difficult one. I'm of the mindset that you use something until it stops working then buy another, I don't need the latest shiny toy and I don't have VAS or VCAS or any other AS.

I only bought the 2nd gen tip as I wanted the improvement the extra 2 fins gave.
My 3rd gen tip was a gift, the 4th was paid for by a customer in exchange for a stem.

Making stems means I have to keep up with DV developments. With the newest tips came the possibility of going carbless but I needed one to be sure, hence the exchange.

Do you get good results from the 3rd gen one, for the amount you use it are you happy with it?

If so then you already know my answer.
Thanks Piggie!! hehehe...yeah, I'm kind of with you...if it works, then keep using it.

Am I happy with my Gen 3....well, its the first tip I was satisfied worked worth a dang as the prior tips created so much draw restriction I was sucking my eyeballs into my head. So yeah, I do like it but still like my OG better because the glass seems to be a better heat sink. Given that the Gen 4 is suppose to heat up/cool down even faster than previous tips, perhaps I like where I am currently just fine.

Thanks for the pics and input. Always appreciated. :clap:

Thanks but what about the burl dabber that @Puffers mentioned, is that in the store or is it only by special request?

Mainly this is because I have been wondering what kind of tool is supposed to go in the small hole in my dynastash, it seems like they would want to fill this with some kind of item but I can't find anything like that in the dynashop.

:sherlock:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back