Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
@Squiby, would you please retrace the evolution of the Ti tips, from version I-IV, the rapid changes, towards greater airflow. Please.:smug: :smoke:

The subtle modifications, the calculus of refinements. Thank you.

I own vapcaps sporting the second generation tip and the third generation tip; the first tip to be manufactured in-house at Dynavap.

The third generation tip was released last fall and it improved the air flow and convection ratio with the addition of more grooves on the outside of the tip. This allowed more air to be pulled and heated between the cap and the tip.

The forth generation and current tip has improved upon this feature even more by creating deeper and wider air channels.

I don't own a forth generation tip but am hoping to buy a few during the 420 sale.

I believe that the earlier tips had fewer and thicker heat disbursement fins as well.

Unfortunately, I don't have direct knowledge of all the refinements that took place in the Vapcap evolution. Maybe someone else with the earlier models can add to this.

I own vapcaps sporting the second generation tip and the third generation tip; the first tip to be manufactured in-house at Dynavap.

The third generation tip was released last fall and it improved the air flow and convection ratio with the addition of more grooves on the outside of the tip. This allowed more air to be pulled and heated between the cap and the tip.

The forth generation and current tip has improved upon this feature even more by creating deeper and wider air channels.

I don't own a forth generation tip but am hoping to buy a few during the 420 sale.

I believe that the earlier tips had fewer and thicker heat disbursement fins as well.

Unfortunately, I don't have direct knowledge of all the refinements that took place in the Vapcap evolution. Maybe someone else with the earlier models can add to this.
This is my limited understanding:

1. Gen 1 Ti tip - outside manf
2. Gen 2 Ti tip - Outside manf, more fins (up to 7 from 5 maybe), and thinner chamber wall (I have one of these and didn't notice much of a difference from Gen 1)
3. Gen 3 Ti tip - inside manf, with multiple levels to set you CCD screen and much improved airflow (I have one of these on my Ti Woody and it made it usable for me compared to the original tip it came with).
4. Gen 4 Ti tip - inside manf, same as Gen 3 but air grooves were worked a bit to provide better flow

I would love to have someone with real knowledge correct this as I'm not at all sure I have it all right but this is my muddled view of it at the moment.

Edited: P.S. - There might be a Gen 2.5 or something. I have a tip with really improved airflow but it doesn't have the multiple CCD grooves. So, maybe that came in Gen 4 or its really a bit more messy than described above.

Last edited:
This is my limited understanding:

1. Gen 1 Ti tip - outside manf
2. Gen 2 Ti tip - Outside manf, more fins (up to 7 from 5 maybe), and thinner chamber wall (I have one of these and didn't notice much of a difference from Gen 1)
3. Gen 3 Ti tip - inside manf, with multiple levels to set you CCD screen and much improved airflow (I have one of these on my Ti Woody and it made it usable for me compared to the original tip it came with).
4. Gen 4 Ti tip - inside manf, same as Gen 3 but air grooves were worked a bit to provide better flow

I would love to have someone with real knowledge correct this as I'm not at all sure I have it all right but this is my muddled view of it at the moment.

Edited: P.S. - There might be a Gen 2.5 or something. I have a tip with really improved airflow but it doesn't have the multiple CCD grooves. So, maybe that came in Gen 4 or its really a bit more messy than described above.

I also believe the CCD's changed from one gen to the next.

They started out with white ceramic ones held in with a SS ring (I think) and then switched to the Stainless Steel and Ti models we have today.

@Winegums has recently been highlighting that the SS CCD's are easier to install as they offer more flex and spring back to shape unlike the Ti ones.

.....Here we go.

It’s April.

We have been planning and preparing for April for some time now, and with the recent launch of the M it has been a rather intense few weeks. Thrilling might be another good word to describe it. We have been putting in hours & more hours since the launch making and assembling like never before and doing our best to get the orders out as quickly as possible.

Here is a picture of some pretty little M parts fresh off the machine.

IMG_20170413_113325636_zpsqmmwgyy9.jpg

Aren't they pretty? We just need to find someone to take them home. :)

Another awesome event happened earlier this week. I took a trip. Saw some really cool things.

IMG_20170411_173212455_HDR_zpsppovedjl.jpg

but most importantly, I was able to acquire some more burl. This means the burl will be available again.

So just as we thought we were getting caught up, it is time for the 420 SALE. We thought we would have a few days to catch our breath between the M launch and now, but nope, we love it and are extremely thankful for the opportunity bestowed upon us to work as much as we can. I don't see anyone here at HQ not smiling all day knowing how fortunate we are to have such wonderful and positive customers supporting us and helping us to continue the development of our products.

Back to the 420 SALE.

The M will be 20% off.

We will have everything else on our site 15% off.

Better yet we are offering all our existing customers FREE SHIPPING on orders throughout the 420 SALE.

Our 420 SALE will run from midnight tonight thru midnight of 420 itself. We hope to make a lot of people extremely happy very soon.

Please understand we are growing as quickly as we can and will get as many orders out as fast as possible. We are prepared as ever to accommodate this increased demand. This may take a few days longer than usual because of this.
If anyone decides they would like to add to an existing but un-shipped order, this can easily addressed by logging into your account at DYNAVAP.com, adding the items to your cart and checking out. There will be no additional shipping cost, and this can be done until you receive the shipping confirmation email. This helps us better serve you as the number of emails asking about additional items has been growing steadily.

Also, we just added a new FAQ section to the site. Please check it out and let us know if we need to add to or modify it. We are trying to make our products easier to understand and will be updating and adding many new videos over the next few weeks.

Cheers,

George

It looks like the Vapcap ratings continue to climb. Currently at third place after the Mighty and Volcano, both vapes several times the Vapcap price.

https://www.vapecritic.com/best-vaporizer/
There's been eleven new votes since and including mine,
meaning the vapcap should have 30 votes and be in second place,
but it seems that the vape critic hasn't updated the totals yet.

:eyebrow2:

The M will be 20% off.
Well time to fill my arsenal with my off the grid, no batteries required vape. An all SS 'M". :nod:
Been asking around for info and waiting for the the 4/20 sale and getting an 'M'. (perhaps 2) Finding what options and upgrades are available or worth doing. Extra rinds of both types and a cap if I don't buy 2. :biggrin:
but it seems that the vape critic hasn't updated the totals yet.
On his forum, he mentions doing a review and had a question regarding which type of torch to use. I mentioned that it might be a defined type of portable that might not necessarily fit his portable list.

A $50 off the grid vape that might convert those who are tired of being tied to a battery.

A bit of a hiccup here. I apologize for the incorrect information, but I made an error. Our sale is scheduled to begin at 420pm CST today.

Thank you for your understanding.

George

Edit: The free shipping is for all existing customers everywhere.

:) Thank you!

Who else put in a 4/20 order from dynavap? Based on the fact that we fucked up their servers, I am assuming a lot!

My order included:
omni condenser
dynawax
18mm cocobolo vong
ti tip
SS screens
Plus I couldn't resist adding a carbon body today!

Now I just (im)patiently wait for shipping confirmation as well as @phattpiggie to make some stuff for me and then my vc family will be complete! I look forward to sharing pics in the vc pic thread.

One of the things I love about the VC is the ease of cleaning if I forget to at first. Most vapes are much much harder to clean once the herb has cooled. With my vc, sometimes I forget to empty it overnight, and even then I just pea-shooter it out and a little wipe with a brush. Most other vapes wouldn't make it so easy.

First time Dynacap buyer. Wanted a rugged VC that didn't have different materials to factor in.

2 of The "M" 's :cheeseburger:

Replacement Part: Stainless Steel CCD (3 Pack)
SS Condenser O-Ring Kit
High-Temp Titanium Tip O-Ring Kit

2 Fat Mouthpiece
Triple Torch Lighter
--------------------
Went for $ 100.83 for the whole package. :biggrin:
I wanted a spare cap for any Dynacap I bought, But for 20$ more you get another vape. Less early wear and tear on the cap. Plus I'm inexperienced with butane vapes.
2 of the same unit allow for full interchangeability I figure and all the necessary replacement parts. Can always upgrade it down the road or succumb to VC VAS.

An Ultralight rugged but fully functional that can be attached to a lanyard would be great for outdoor hikes. The 'M' and some know how might allow for enough variance to get a wider range of vapor.
Know very little about the tech still. or if the XL condenser with the rotating mouthpiece is a good trade off for having a solid body to it.

For any existing customers that placed an order on the first day of the sale, if you were charged shipping they are going to start issuing those refunds in the next few days as the site was having some technical difficulties. I emailed them about it yesterday and Arielle from Dynavap was very quick to respond!

Now I just (im)patiently wait for shipping confirmation as well as @phattpiggie to make some stuff for me and then my vc family will be complete! I
Vapcap VAS will ensure that our VC families will continue to expand and may never be "complete".

Just sayin' :twocents:

I got a few of the the 4th generation ti tips and caps for my new @phattpiggie stems. When the Omni XL becomes available I will be adding one to my Vapcap family.

Happy 420 week everyone!

I made an order as soon as the sale went live! I think I must have just missed the rush because my checkout went smoothly, all discounts appeared like they were supposed to.

I decided to pick up a Burl Nonavong and a Cocobolo Ti Woody-XLS, double crown with exotic MP. Couple of magnets to stick to this box I use for my caps. And some extra condensers for all the stems I've gathered from makers like @Winegums and @phattpiggie! hope to someday collect a Vapcap in every wood species Dynavap offers. I think I just have blackwood and carbon fiber left for the standard rotation of woods, unless they decide to offer more.. I saw they offered stashes in Osage Orange a while back and I've been hoping they'll make a stem or two out of it at some point!

@Baron23 here's the Ti I have, left to right.
First gen, 8mm bowl. Second, 8.6mm and 2 extra fins all deeper both outsourced. Third, 8.7mm adjustabowl, left hand rifling.
Fourth, 8.7mm adjustabowl, right hand rifled, both made in house.
I know there have been a few tweaks as manufacturing has gone on so there may well be other versions of the tips.
I also have 5 different caps, blackened, digger less, two different width diggers with the old logo and the new logo one.
i9ZT1cf.jpg

q0IdnJ5.jpg

1/3rd green 2/3 kief bowls. Ever lasting, I had to put it down a couple of times and come back to it. Massive vapor production.

@Cuckfumbustion I'd be looking for a Ti or aluminium case with a cord, the cap could go missing, or keep it with your torch.

@momofthegoons will the M and @Ed's TnT stems be strictly for the WS or do you intend on succumbing to the click???

Sale time at DV never ceases to amaze me, never.
@Stevenski said it best.
uM2r2L1.jpg

I succumbed. :smile: Bought an 'M' with a pack of replacement screens to use with my WoodSense.
That is great news! :headbang: I think you will be surprised at the power in this little beast. Could be a great vape for you out in the garden.

Vapcap VAS will ensure that our VC families will continue to expand and may never be "complete".
Y'know, just because you're the Vapcap mentor to all of us doesn't mean you need to come in and burst my bubble! :cool::lmao: I should say that my VC family is complete, for now. I do also have my sights on an XL as well as a dynastash and maybe a nonavong, an M for a different experience, and...yeah you get the picture. But I patiently waited since the BF sale to get the vong, carbon body, and omni condenser, the other stuff will be gotten in time.

1/3rd green 2/3 kief bowls. Ever lasting, I had to put it down a couple of times and come back to it. Massive vapor production.
For me, I use 1/2 indica shake and 1/2 kief about an hour before bed and it helps me sleep very well. For me, this needs water filtration but it tastes great and the effects are perfect for the time of day.

@Cuckfumbustion I'd be looking for a Ti or aluminium case with a cord, the cap could go missing, or keep it with your torch.
Thanks for the foresight and helping with my piece of mind @phattpiggie. I have to be downright phobic about loosing any small parts on the trail. Magnets and other accessories to keep my torch waterproof and prevent condensation in an outdoor setting is also a consideration. It's a worthy trade off for something more lightweight and all weather over something electronic.
Y'know, just because you're the Vapcap mentor to all of us doesn't mean you need to come in and burst my bubble! :cool::lmao: I should say that my VC family is complete, for now. I do also have my sights on an XL as well as a dynastash and maybe a nonavong, an M for a different experience, and...yeah you get the picture. But I patiently waited since the BF sale to get the vong, carbon body, and omni condenser, the other stuff will be gotten in time.
Yea, I'm feeling all that as a first time Dynacap buyer after scouring the web and being split on so many choices. :nut:
Next sale. 'M' Upgrade path. If I don't cave on 4/20/17. or if I say trade up with some Vapcapper. :cheers:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back