Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
My Shellshocked stem that I ordered from @VGOODIEZ has arrived. And been used. And appreciated.
I am so stoned.

20201103_145740.jpg

Shell-Shock stems now 20% off with code VGEZ20% now through the end of the month. This also includes the new Rhodium plated extremely limited edition model. I was offered a small quantity of these and now I have only a couple left. Other colors are pretty good but silver getting low.
IMG_20201113_163803_945.jpg

Just came today. Will it unseat my Simrell as my favorite ? Its still early but probably not.
The carb on this peice is very nice with its adjustability.
It feels better in the hand than my Simrell. Being of a bigger diameter with a grabby texture.
While it's performance may not match the Simrell it doesn't cost near as much & works on par with an Omni.... I think. Been a while since I've pulled on an Omni

I find its worth every penny. Especially for any who want a quality body at a cheaper price.
20201119_194246.jpg

Oh sorry, I also purchased mine from VGoodieEZ. Will purchase from them again. I like the idea of supporting individuals business guys & gals rather than giving my money to any corporate entity. Big Bizz is needed. But we all have the freedom to spend our money how we like.

@Madri-Gal, Do you have an Omni Body ? Curious to hear some one else's opinion as to how the Shell Shock compares.​

Oh sorry, I also purchased mine from VGoodieEZ. Will purchase from them again. I like the idea of supporting individuals business guys & gals rather than giving my money to any corporate entity. Big Bizz is needed. But we all have the freedom to spend our money how we like.

@Madri-Gal, Do you have an Omni Body ? Curious to hear some one else's opinion as to how the Shell Shock compares.​

No, just an old lady body, but it's not bad, considering.

No, @Jeff, I've yet to get an Omni. I'm playing catch up after a two year No Buy, but an Omni is on my list. Now that I have an IH, I find I'm using my DynaVap constantly, so my focus is also more in that direction. It's always nice to see you in the Asylum.

Was always reading of some of you speaking of your rotation when talking of the vapes that one owns & uses regularly through out the week etc. In my mind I couldnt understand using a lesser vape while owning a better performer.

Now being a bit more mature than say I was many years ago I find my self with a desire to truly understand peoples decisions & actions that may differ from mine. Well as I start to acquire glass & new stems I find myself doing the same.

The Shell Shock Stem is no match for the Simrell purely based on vapor performance. Simrell is freer flowing, much cooler & gives noticeably better taste. So why would I mess with a Shell Shock Body during the week while owning a Simrell.

One the vapor produced by the Shell Shock is just fine for me. It may as in my case take relearning a new cap to get the best performance as is true when using any new cap on any body. For me its the over all feel & the carb of the ShockWave that does it for me.

I'm usually passing what ever stem I have at the time when healthy. While also wiping down the piece in 190 proof & reheating between hits since COVID.

With the ability to easily shut down the carb, draws will be warm but not having to fumble with the carb makes things so much easier when passing to a newbie.

Also there is this. No adapter works well in a pinch with the provided bowl from HVY Glass.

My new tube is dirty. Always shows up worse in pics.

20201121_142657.jpg

It works as well as my Omni but in xl length. good job on creating this nice little stem and @VGOODIEZ for a pleasant purchasing experience.
Cheers!

OK, it is best to read some prior posts before posting a question :)

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
Shell-Shock stems now 20% off with code VGEZ20% now through the end of the month. This also includes the new Rhodium plated extremely limited edition model. I was offered a small quantity of these and now I have only a couple left. Other colors are pretty good but silver getting low.

I'm new to the Dynavap but not vapes in general. I'd like to use the Shell-Shock primarily with a water pipe, and also dry occasionally.

I chose the following components for the Shell-Shock -
Color - tbd
Tip - Titanium
Cap - OG

Do I need to order anything else other than an IH? No butane for me. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm new to the Dynavap but not vapes in general. I'd like to use the Shell-Shock primarily with a water pipe, and also dry occasionally.

Color - tbd
Tip - Titanium
Cap - OG

You'll need an adapter. The Dynavap fat mouth piece looks terrible aesthetically but works great.

I bought a glass adapter (they have them on SPV) but I don't dig it at all as you need to hold the body in place.

Color - tbd
Tip - Titanium
Cap - OG

I just responded to your email but looks like the fam has you covered. With your situation I would just go with the fat mouthpiece over the top for water. Appreciate the consideration!

Later as you get settled in & get to really enjoying your new DV I'd encourage you to get stainless tip.

I won't say one is better I will say I will never be with out both. The stainless seems to give a better slower roast of my herb. Allowing me to sip through a bowl in 3 hits. First hit always has vapor with the terpines. Removing the cap will reveal the herb srill has most of its original color just a lighter shade.
If you wish to blast through a bowl this won't matter.

For what its worth....
Sat down at home I've yet to see an IH produce what I can with a well known torch. How ever I love my IH

Oh its always good to have extra screens & O rings on hand.
Best to have & not need than..

Replacing the screens at first was a real hemrrhoid for me.
Find something thats close to the same inside diameter as the tip to push screens in place. I have a drill bit that I use the smooth end for nothing else. A #2 pencil eraser end will work.

This is how I do it.
There are some old hands here that have found & know their way around when using any DV based stem

On another note the ShellShock has replaced my Simrell as my DD.
Few days ago would have said no way.

Pretty simple thing. My Simrell was getting heavy use which requires a lot of cleaning.
I dont have to remove the DV tip to clean it using ShellShock. I can clean one half of stem & tip without removing tip from stem. A Qtip wil reach.
Anyways it keeps me from having to fuss with O rings so much. Allowing me to enjoy my Simrell on the weekends. Giving me something to look forward to.

Any ways if you cant tell I'm still running through my morning buzz.... talkative / type happy or both :)

Attachments

• 20201126_072334.jpg
    20201126_072334.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back