Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
@Squiby gorgeous as usual, where is stardust by the by?
Curious if new TI tips will fit old Ti body?
I love his work! I haven't seen him around since he left to take care of RL a couple years ago. I hope he comes back.

I don't have any new tips but Dynavap has never changed the neck tolerances of the various tips. So I suspect that the new tips would fit just fine.

Not been loving the vapcaps for the last year or so..
But then i got hash...
Some nice soft light roles royce..
The vapcap with its mega conduction seems to work the best for hashish extraction...
Havent put any in evo yet though...

I LOVE hash in the Vapcap! I pinch or slice off a bit and flatten it into a thin pancake to increase the surface exposure, then curl it into a cylinder before popping it into the tip. I heat the cap several seconds beyond the click. The Vapcap is perfect for hash.

I LOVE hash in the Vapcap! I pinch or slice off a bit and flatten it into a thin pancake to increase the surface exposure, then curl it into a cylinder before popping it into the tip. I heat the cap several seconds beyond the click. The Vapcap is perfect for hash.
Trying that now thanks.....
Hash is so nostalgic to me.. i have not been able so source any in a long time. I can finally get it, but not cheap.. not cheap at all..

In uk, 20 years ago we were flooded with soap bar hash.. was aweful shit full of henna, plastic and god knows what else..
Glad them days are gone..

Pictured with a tree Aeonium and lithrops in the background are a couple more titanium stems by Stardust Sailor.

The one on the right is one of his very first stems. The mouthpiece is straight but gently rounded at the end. It has been anodized twice to achieve a two tone blue/mauve color to the hammered surface.

The one to the left is a newer model with a stylized mouthpiece and is highly polished.

20210401_104532.jpg

The one on the right is one of his very first stems. The mouthpiece is straight but gently rounded at the end.
That is an absolute beauty! Nice to see it again, love the mouthpiece.
I was planning on getting one something like that but SDS disappeared before I got around to it.
You have the best stem collection bar none imo.

Whats the Buzz with DV's emails? are they introducing something new?
anyone get any new bling from their latest generation of devices?
looking forward to trying out the 21 TI Tip.
I've been getting a ton of emails too; one of which alluded to something coming up. Haven't gone on their Discord channel in ages.... probably info there if anyone is a member and has the inclination.

I'm still waiting for my shipment of the 3 pack from their last release.... I'm thinking it might be sitting in my mailbox. We had a late delivery. Might have to go out and check after my coffee.

Whats the Buzz with DV's emails? are they introducing something new?
anyone get any new bling from their latest generation of devices?
looking forward to trying out the 21 TI Tip.
I picked up the new omni. I Like the weight and look. The condenser needs to be extended deeper into the tip for it to operate like the old model. The new tip takes a little getting used to. I haven't used a torch yet. I have been using an IH with my old omni and had it adjusted for that tip. With the new tip, I had to increase the aggressiveness of the heater to get the expected outcome. I did that and I have enjoyed the new omni quite a bit. I don't like the captive caps much. I'm happy I waited for the new and improved omni.

New Omni is still on the test bench. Put the freebie ‘20 M through its paces already, it surpasses the original by a mile in every direction. Accidental combustion may be a thing of the past. I credit the ‘carving’ of the tip to accommodate more airflow.

The captive caps are an unknown quantity. Superficially, they’re more difficult/annoying to remove and replace; they also seem to be becoming less so over time. Otherwise I find them completely unremarkable by themselves...but these new caps seem to be part of the increased-airflow priority that has governed the other new design refinements and improvements, all of which seem to me to be aimed directly at increasing/regulating/cooling airflow. This attention to airflow may be why the new designs are performing the way they do, and may have something to do with why the

Example: ‘17 Omni (my daily driver for long time) v ‘21 Omni (in house only hours)
- ‘21 Omni hitting harder than ‘17 Omni,
- ‘21 Omni bowl browning more slowly
- ‘21 Omni airport function is different in a way that amplifies hits.
- ‘21 Omni more hand-friendly, comfortable to hold and use

‘17 Omni already cleaned and in a tube. ‘21 Omni outperforms by every measure
‘17 M already cleaned and in a tube. ‘20 M outperforms

I’m kinda lumping my ‘20 M experience with my ‘21 Omni, because a lot of the new Omni changes showed up first in the ‘20 M: the differences between the ‘17 M and the ‘20 M when the new tips, caps, and airflow design were introduced are just stunning, an obviously superior version. 2021 extends the same paradigm shift to the two Omnis. These new designs are better VapCaps in pretty much every way. Art as engineering.

@ClearBlueLou so you enjoying the captive caps? I love my 2020 M's however gifted them all away to future vaporists..what are you using to heat up caps? I am curious as to when I can simply order a Tip/Cap from DV.
I’m sorry, I swam right past your question about heat source: I proudly use a Flux Deluxe (#142 / fluxerheaters.com). I believe I have the the 15mm coil (more aggressive than the 16mm coil, less so than the 14mm).

As for when tips or caps can be ordered - do you mean the ‘21 tips? Captive caps and original-era tips & caps can be ordered today; I seriously doubt that new ‘21 tips will be available “a la carte” in the next 90 days. After that, anything can happen.

As the new owner of a ‘20 M, I’m amazed you gave yours away - can the ‘21 be THAT MUCH better? True, I’m putting away my first-gen stuff for when I travel or have visitors, but I can’t quite feature the ‘20 falling that far that fast.

do you mean the ‘21 tips?
Should have specified this little detail, yes the 21.

As the new owner of a ‘20 M, I’m amazed you gave yours away
well most of them, looking in the DV tool box i found 2 unused 20 M's.

I’m kinda lumping my ‘20 M experience with my ‘21 Omni, because a lot of the new Omni changes showed up first in the ‘20 M: the differences between the ‘17 M and the ‘20 M when the new tips, caps, and airflow design were introduced are just stunning, an obviously superior version. 2021 extends the same paradigm shift to the two Omnis. These new designs are better VapCaps in pretty much every way. Art as engineering.
Art is Engineering :cheers:

thank you for such a thorough write up and observation, and considering DV 420 sale today, I'm fighting like the Dickens to not click n ship a new Shiny Omni.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back