Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
I panicked this morning and caved and bought a bunch of DynaCrap before the sales were gone:
SP-DV-21.JPG

Last edited:
That's a mighty slippery slope that you're treading on. I have way too many DV related products in my quiver.

Here's the Vong doing WPA duty:View attachment 27064
Ha! I've barely been staying afloat since I bought my first DV, an M17, on Black Friday '17 and Omni Ti (w/420 cap) on 4/20 '18 and nothing since.... but this year, I decided to go "all in" in the "DynaSea" and since NYE have purchased, in addition to the order above:

SourceVapes '21 Alpine IH (includes a free Toggen glass stem)
Pipes Hotshot IH
M 2020
O'Connell's Woodworks: Ole Stubby, Inception J-Hook and Color Inception Cooling Stem

Hopefully, I'll be all set until at least Black Friday!

Edit: I really wanted a Vong (w/Ti tip), too... so, I'm super jelly! Oh well, maybe 4/20/24... ha!

Enjoy! :peace:

Edit 2: I noticed all my Sneaky Pete DynaCrap shit is shipping from WI... ain't that where DV is from, not Vegas or whatever NV, where all the stuff usually ships from...? Hmmm... so, SP is just a "reseller"-type/Dyna sales crew...? If Dyna kept their sale going as long as Pete, I woulda just gone thru them.... kinda annoying (unless I'm wrong, of course, and really don't care all that much, quite honestly, which is why I forgot to mention it earlier...)

Last edited:
bonghitYou shoulda/woulda just cave in and gotten that phatt VonG, @Bologna?
While some of them have a lovin squeeze issue, it is a unique legacy piece.

Someone in Discord kindly gave me his beta, which is kinda different. Production
Model is the reel deel. Cant complain, beta was too good to pass up a free gift.

Enjoy your new toyz, fellow Mass ‘ole, best to keep the wife in the dark about the
Unexplained expenditures from the kids college funds? lol :aaaaa:

Looks like @Helios is one happi winnah!

Ah, I didn't realize you were a man of experience B. Yeah....get the Vong. It is truly a special piece that you deserve to have.

Since the preorders had complementary 20Ms included with the orders I've rekindled my love for the most basic, possibly tiniest vapor tool made. I have (had?) a 17 that is unaccounted for. Either I'll joyfully find it put away somewhere, or I made someone else's day....I wouldn't feel that casual about an Omni

I have had the new VonG and Omni for a couple of weeks now. Just like many of you, I am not as pleased with the heat retention properties of these new Ti tips compared to previous ones. Interestingly, I have found that using an older style pre-captive cap gets me hits that are more to my liking. Also not certain about this yet (more experiments needed), but I think that older standard caps are more to my liking than more recently produced ones. That’s likely because they seem to get just a touch hotter before the click goes than more recently produced caps.

are you heating with an Induction lighter or with :torching:Tane?

I use both, and when I use butane it’s typically a single jet unless I am outdoors.

I am not sure exactly what you mean by
seems hit or miss with Dyna users.:smoke:

if you mean consistency, I don’t have a problem with getting consistent results with the tips and caps I have plenty of experience with (since the glass VapCaps). I can get flavor or clouds pretty much at will, using either of my IH units or my torches. I find that with product changes — different cap generations and styles, as well as changes in both SS and now Ti tips — outcomes are not the same as when using the older lines that I have the most experience with.

With the production of caps evolving, I have noticed that in the last 18 months or so (maybe 2 years?), caps click sooner than previous year’s runs and now, the Ti tips literally have more mass than previous generations Ti tips.

Taking into account the differences in the more recent versions of the components — in this case the tips and caps — can help one get the results they like.

New Omni Ti Tip = 3.97 gm
New VonG Ti Tip = 3.74 gm

Older Ti Tips = 3.16, 3.27, 3.25 gm

I have a few other Ti tips I didn’t weigh because I didn’t want to deal with taking the screens out and remove the O-rings. But obviously, different mass will give different outcomes.

It’s just a matter of adjusting technique.
For me, and what I prefer, I like the new Omni and VonG Ti tips best when using one of my older (about 18 months and previous generation) caps. The reason I prefer them: I can pretty much respect the click and get the thickness of vapor I prefer. To get that with the newer caps while using either the newer or older Ti tips, I have to go further past the click.

I have no basis for thinking this other than pure speculation, but I suspect DynaVap has reformulated their caps and tips to make it more difficult to combust. I think they consciously made the caps click at a slightly lower temperature. That, coupled with Ti tips of higher mass, and you get less combustion.

Maybe that’s 100% a dumb idea, but it’s my current hypothesis. :dog:

I'm with bener,

there is a noticeable difference and I would think that at more than half a gram weight difference that it should take longer to heat.

I'm not a fan, but not everyone likes to blast thru a bowl at the same pace as me.

I can't detect any difference between my caps, but their all mixed up anyways..but that makes sense

So I got in on the new 2021 Omni and Vong. It's been awhile since I've bought a new Vapcap and I'm glad I chose to dive back in with this iteration.

The Omni is definitely an improvement over the previous models. The condenser assembly is more sophisticated in it's design and more robust in it's build. At first I was not so sure of the dimpled snap-on cap as I've always enjoyed the ritual of fitting a new cap. But it's growing on me, a lot! The dimples not only hold the cap on securely, but it allows for the cap to be ever so slightly larger, I think, creating more space around the tip and allowing greater air flow while still enabling a good mouth-pull draw.

A longer heating cycle is needed to match previous results but I think its a good stop gap for anyone prone to over heating and combusting.

Overall I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Here's my Omnivap family. First generation Omni on the left, second generation Omni and Omni XL in the middle, and my new beloved 2021 Omni to the right.

20210505_162222.jpg

Last edited:
The 2021 is a sophisticated upgrade to the previous Dynavap VonGs. Here's my collection.

Left to right: Blackwood body with silver mp. Custom Damascus body with Blackwood mp. Burl body with burl mp and the new 2021 VonG body with titanium crown and mp. All pieces were fashioned by Dynavap.

20210505_160749.jpg

The stand was made by our very own @Aezhenn . It has some turquoise and gold leaf inlay. Here's another shot of it. I just love his stands! It came with a fitted bowl, embedded magnet and additional storage holes.

20190822_161508.jpg

The airflow on the new Omni is improved. The build feels more robust and the vapor is noticeably smoother, probably from the tendency towards a lower temp. I must say that I'm really enjoying the new Omni maybe even more than I thought I would.

So I got in on the new 2021 Omni and Vong. It's been awhile since I've bought a new Vapcap and I'm glad I chose to dive back in with this iteration.

The Omni is definitely an improvement over the previous models. The condenser assembly is more sophisticated in it's design and more robust in it's build. At first I was not so sure of the dimpled snap-on cap as I've always enjoyed the ritual of fitting a new cap. But it's growing on me, a lot! The dimples not only hold the cap on securely, but it allows for the cap to be ever so slightly larger, I think, creating more space around the tip and allowing greater air flow while still enabling a good mouth-pull draw.

A longer heating cycle is needed to match previous results but I think its a good stop gap for anyone prone to over heating and combusting.

Overall I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Thank you Squiby for the helpful advice as always. I'm going to save up for one of the new Omni's. I'm started to get my vapcap technique down again, loving my original Omni. It is the best portable vape I currently own. Nothing crazy, it's all stock, but I still get fascinated by the stem design, they did such a good job on the original, so to hear that the new one is even better is awesome. I like the look of the new condensor...did the Simrell Vortex have any influence on that I wonder? Speaking of which, time to bust that Vortex out....dizamn that hits. Omni is still king in my arsenal though, better flavor on it and the adjustable airflow is much appreciated.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back